Changes from Vita Version and PS3 Release.

PC, PS4, XB1 - Released 10/06/2021
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Changes from Vita Version and PS3 Release.

Post by JTB123 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:07 pm

I've created this forum as I feel there's enough changes in this version that really make it different from the original Sigma release and also the Vita version.

Feel free to post any changes you find or things you are testing on and I'll update this post as things get figured out.

Changes from Vita Version

Time in Mission Mode is not worth double points like it was in the Vita release. It's now the same as Black and original Sigma on the PS3.
Bow controls have been changed to a button press to go into aiming mode, you cannot manual aim and transition to first person though. Highly recommend changing this to L1/LB. This means the aim buffer technique from Black and Sigma PS3 cannot be done anymore.
Ninpo now defaults to max damage boost across all levels. On the Vita there was a touch screen mini game to boost Ninpo power like the Sixaxis in the PS3 version. Unsure at this time if the Vita/MC damage boost is more than fully powered up from original Sigma. Biggest difference being that you cannot chose to not power up Ninpo in the MC unlike the original Sigma or Vita version. Fire wheels is always fully buffed and lasts a lot longer than in original Sigma.
unwary
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Re: Changes from Vita Version and PS3 Release.

Post by unwary » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:19 am

Changes from ps3 Sigma 1 that applies to Vita and MC
- they moved a chest away from the door in the Tatami room (where you start in ninja dog) and give it a little corner.
- In the water chapter (ch13), there is a chest to the left of the door when you look at it. It is now flush against the wall. The reason that's important is that in PS3, the chest is spaced in such a way that Ryu can glitch between it and the wall to clip thru the wall to waterrun straight to the final exit point of the water labyrinth.
Last edited by unwary on Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
unwary
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by unwary » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:54 am

There's also a big complaint thread on reddit MC about Sigma 2 which is basically an unofficial buglist XD
There are many moves in MC Sigma 2 are broken due to bad tracking by Ryu. The speculation is that this is a byproduct of enhancing a 30fps vita to make it play 60fps on modern consoles (no switch, you are just a glorified android tablet :p ). The biggest annoyance is the TDS 360y UT is flat out broken. It doesn't properly launch enemies and it's FS component has very poor tracking.

Also the biggest finger point that MC Sigma 2 really is a souped vita game is that ki orbs, they are animated at a potato 15fps. I even went and played Sigma 2 Plus on original hardware to make sure I can pinpoint changes. There are exploitable chests in PS3 Sigma 2 that can be used to initiaite OOB clips and warp through walls. Some of the chests associated with those seem to be fixed in Sigma 2 Plus and MC Sigma 2.

I have a reddit post on there that also notes some actual gameplay changes to MC SIgma 2 from ps3 and vita.

"This is Sigma 2 Plus's dragonhead statue fight, it's like ps3. So I use the regular speedrun strat of clipping thru it.

Here it is in MC Sigma 2. Kill the archers and then the platform drops.

Both fights done on Warrior difficulty.

Here is the archfiend 1 fight. This is unique to the Vita version. It took me a bit to figure out why the bow wasn't work properly. Hayashi changed the fight so Howling Cannon the way to hit the boss.
I played on original Vita hardware. It's softmodded to let me use my ps4 controller and to allow USB Video output (noticeable delay but still casually playable)."
Alhazard
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Alhazard » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:07 am

NGS1 You can juggle enemy killed with DS default UT with f+Y
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Post by JTB123 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:18 am

I caught some of Farnhams stream yesterday and he mentioned a lot of moves in Sigma 2 seem to be bugged and don't connect properly. I don't think I will bother giving that a go, might just try it again on the PS3.

I wouldn't hold out much hope they will patch anything either. Hopefully that proves not to be the case but that would be very surprising.
unwary
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by unwary » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:37 am

Not sure if this is a change but regular enemies CAN kill Rachel in Doku's boss fight.
Farnham The Drunk
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja

Post by Farnham The Drunk » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:29 am

unwary wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:37 am
Not sure if this is a change but regular enemies CAN kill Rachel in Doku's boss fight.
LOL i have never seen that happen before, thats amazing haha
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Post by JTB123 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:07 pm

Farnham The Drunk wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:29 am
unwary wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:37 am
LOL i have never seen that happen before, thats amazing haha
Me niether, that would be a killer way to lose any kind of run :banghead:

Updated OP with the Ninpo changes.
Seldon
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Post by Seldon » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:33 pm

Best change from Vita Version was the (re)inclusion of Japanese dubs imho... :sunnyd: yes yes yes, I'm a language elitist :wink: lol