Attempting a no-save run

PLATFORM: Xbox 360; RELEASE: June 3rd 2008
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Attempting a no-save run

Post by Royta » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:42 pm

Basically the only rule is that I'm only allowed to save in between missions. It's surprisingly difficult, forgot how much I relied on saves to perfect fights and use them as a safetynet. All in all pretty happy with the first chapter, though after I go down the well the quality of combat gets a lot worse I feel from my end, panicked a lot, especially during Rasetsu. Decided to level the Dragon Sword first since it's one of my favourite movesets in the game. Will probably go for a level 2 Lunar soon after and a level 2 Talons, and save most of my money for healing items down the line. Not sure if I can do the whole game like this, but we'll see!

I also try to avoid OLUT-chaining and other attack-strategies that get dull over time. But sometimes I do panic haha. There's a pretty embaressing segment where you see me do aerial slashes like 5 times in a row trying to land a 'oh shit' Gthrow haha :facepalm2:
vmd50
Archfiend
Archfiend

Re: Attempting a no-save run

Post by vmd50 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:24 pm

Impressive. Doing it on Master Ninja makes each save statue in each mission that much more crucial, so skipping it is a bigger challenge than some would guess.
Farnham The Drunk
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja

Post by Farnham The Drunk » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:59 pm

Very nice CH 1 man!
I would love to see a whole run in the future!
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by Royta » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:43 am

vmd50 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:24 pm
Impressive. Doing it on Master Ninja makes each save statue in each mission that much more crucial, so skipping it is a bigger challenge than some would guess.
Thanks! Yeah this is a lot harder than I took it granted for initially. So much can go wrong on this mode you really have to be consistent. Lot of fun though, very tense.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:00 pm

I did this on a Mentor NG+ once and it was pretty fun. Didn't finish but got pretty far - Chapter 9 or 10 maybe?

Didn't restrict myself on anything and didn't do ToVs.