Master Ninja - No damage, All Fights, No Despawn

PLATFORM: Xbox 360; RELEASE: June 3rd 2008
Farnham The Drunk
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja

Master Ninja - No damage, All Fights, No Despawn

Post by Farnham The Drunk » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:22 am

I lost at least 5 years of my life doing this... But i did it...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... B7Dn3TzzMy
Massaca
Splatter Witch

Re: Master Ninja - No damage, All Fights, No Despawn

Post by Massaca » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:27 am

Looks like you didn't show the final results screen, what was your total kill count?
And welcome to the forums.
Farnham The Drunk
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja

Post by Farnham The Drunk » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:38 am

Thank you.
The final results screen does not even show the total kill count, only the kills from the last chapter, or something like that... I never understood it and it never made sense to me... Besides, i never really cared about the rating, it is kinda pointless to me...

(i assume u mean the final results from the whole game, not each individual one)
Massaca
Splatter Witch

Post by Massaca » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:00 am

Oh really? Guess I forgot about that then. Been many years since I've played. The actual rating is entirely pointless. Was just curious of you kills total since it tends to vary quite a bit amongst players.

Anyways, congrats on finishing the run. Hell of a challenge.
Farnham The Drunk
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja

Post by Farnham The Drunk » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:10 pm

Massaca wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:00 am
Oh really? Guess I forgot about that then. Been many years since I've played. The actual rating is entirely pointless. Was just curious of you kills total since it tends to vary quite a bit amongst players.

Anyways, congrats on finishing the run. Hell of a challenge.

thank u mate, i really appreciate it! and it was hell... i literally got some grey hair while doin this, and i am not even joking...
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by Royta » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:50 pm

Fantastic run Farnham! Been watching it on and off these last few days, great stuff. I like that you tried to make the run a tad more interesting to watch as well, some good fights. No Damaging NGII can be such a bore to look at since you have to play super efficiently. Any other runs planned now that you've finished this one up?
Farnham The Drunk
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja

Post by Farnham The Drunk » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:12 pm

Royta wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:50 pm
Fantastic run Farnham! Been watching it on and off these last few days, great stuff. I like that you tried to make the run a tad more interesting to watch as well, some good fights. No Damaging NGII can be such a bore to look at since you have to play super efficiently. Any other runs planned now that you've finished this one up?

Thanks mate! I am glad u like it.
I was thinking about a no upgrades run (NG II - MN), or maybe a single weapon run, but i am not sure about the restrictions yet...
I am also constantly thinking about what the next tutorial video (NG II) should be... time will tell ;-)
If u have any suggestions, i am all ears!
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by Royta » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:45 am

Single weapon runs on Master Ninja are a ton of fun, I've done a few too and it's a great way to get to learn movesets much more in depth. A NUR is pretty interesting, don't think that's been done in NGII yet.

Regarding tutorials, I think it would be interesting to have one that just lays it all out in a short time. Stuff like continous-jumping, OLUT, essence management, how to use delimb smartly to cull enemy spawns, improtant moves with high delimb%, just like a quick cheat-sheet that new players can use to familiarize themselves with the game at a higher level. We only have Lance's NGS2 video for that currently and JTB's 8+ hour web-course, but nothing in between haha.
Farnham The Drunk
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja

Post by Farnham The Drunk » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:30 am

Royta wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:45 am
Regarding tutorials, I think it would be interesting to have one that just lays it all out in a short time. Stuff like continous-jumping, OLUT, essence management, how to use delimb smartly to cull enemy spawns, improtant moves with high delimb%, just like a quick cheat-sheet that new players can use to familiarize themselves with the game at a higher level. We only have Lance's NGS2 video for that currently and JTB's 8+ hour web-course, but nothing in between haha.

some pretty good suggestions!
i allready started a tutorial series and hope to cover everything u said in the future, thx! some things i do in the game are just so normal for me, i sometimes have trouble to see that it is not obvious for other/newer players...
if u are interested, take a look: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... dKpSZkXPiG
i want to keep them in this style, i hope this way it is quick and easy to understand...
and i was not aware that JTB made a NG II tutorial series.... i only knew of the NGB series (great watch btw)
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by Royta » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:38 am

The JTB ones are for NGB yeah, but all of the movement tech in the series is identical and lessons learned from one transfer to the other. Stuff like the input for dodging right and then jumping to the left work in both NGII, NGS2, NG3 and NG3:RE for example, same with using forward+A on landing to continue jumping. Lance's tutorial is for NGS2 as noted yeah, but his explanation of OLUT and Essence management in that video carry over to NGII. Took a look at your tutorials, good stuff! Feel they are a tad too long and not really the 'hidden goodies' that a lot of players don't know about, but otherwise fantastic. Also love the use of the classic NES font man, the presentation is great!
Farnham The Drunk
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja

Post by Farnham The Drunk » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:50 am

thanks for the feedback mate! i hope i can expand on them and complete the series some day.
PinnacleInSync
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by PinnacleInSync » Sun May 31, 2020 11:55 am

Congrats on your run!

That's no easy challenge. Great performance :thumb:
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Post by JTB123 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:18 pm

Went ahead and sticky'd this as I feel it's a gold mine for strategies and tech :thumb:

Great work on bringing down this monster.
Farnham The Drunk
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja

Post by Farnham The Drunk » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:07 pm

JTB123 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:18 pm
Went ahead and sticky'd this as I feel it's a gold mine for strategies and tech :thumb:

Great work on bringing down this monster.
Thank you mate, i really appreciate it!