Some New Ninja Gaiden Very Hard Videos I'll Be Making (EDIT)

PLATFORM: Xbox, Xbox 360 (emulation); RELEASE: March 2004 (NGB: September 2005)

Moderator: TheGodfatherDictator

unwary
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Re: Some New Commentary Mission Mode Videos I'll Be Making (EDIT)

Post by unwary » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:15 pm

Bigalski wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:39 pm
I do miss not having Smoke Bombs, the Lunar, the ability to charge, and being able to rotate the camera.
And good recovery frames cancels, that drove me nuts since I've put so much time into ngb :cry:
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Some New Ninja Gaiden Very Hard Videos I'll Be Making (EDIT)

Post by Bigalski » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:15 pm

This commentary series is done with JTB123 and played on the Xbox 360. My goal is making all the encounter times limits, all the end of chapter bonuses when possible, and a focus on UT's to manage essence for my UF as early as possible. Along the way we'll discuss the differences between Ninja Gaiden 2004 and Ninja Gaiden Black, show some strategies that might work on one game but not the other as well as having fun enjoying a blast from the past. Also I'll be adding the times and kills needed for the 100,000 end of chapter bonuses per difficulty level in each chapter video info section.

Right now I've made the first 5 chapters and the link should automatically update as I add more videos. Because of the time difference between myself and JTB, it'll be a week or more before I can add new content.

As always, comments or suggestions are always welcome.
Bigalski
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Some New Ninja Gaiden Very Hard Videos I'll Be Making (EDIT)

Post by Bigalski » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:21 pm

Chapters 6, 7, and 8 are up but I also made another video for chapter 6 going back up top and upgrading the Flails. The time limit for this chapter is tight no matter if you upgrade or not. Saving is limited and some of the gauntlets can be tough. Overall I think upgrading the Flails is best, especially since you'll have them at the beginning of Chapter 7 and the Zombie Challenge.

I decided to try something different on Alma and use the Ice Storm Ninpo on her since the Inferno Loop isn't very consistent as it is on NGB. I had a bad start on the fight but figured I would try it and ended up making the time bonus so as bad as the fight was, I kept it and moved on.

Nothing fancy for Chapter 8. Just fight respawning fights as needed to gain essence for my UF and Dabi upgrade to take advantage of the longer chapter time limit.

The playlist link will update with the new added videos when you click on it.