Ninja Gaiden 4 Discussion

PLATFORM: TBC; RELEASE: TBC;
Puregrunt
Administrator

Re: Ninja Gaiden 4 Discussion

Post by Puregrunt » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:46 am

Looking at the Archives right now, and man this place is desolate.....

I really wish that Team Ninja would hurry up and make some kind of announcement regarding Ninja Gaiden 4. I would be happy with literally anything. I still want to play a badass Ninja Gaiden game. I miss the "rush" of Ninja Gaiden. We need fresh content! On most days i can browse the Facebook news feed and see something from Team Ninja, but it's never about a new NG game. Always for Dead or Alive or some other spinoff title. Ninja Gaiden is their killer Title. There's not even any news about if it's even in development. My guess is that is is, and has been since the end of Razor's Edge.

They have so much content and feedback to work with, it just HAS to be a great game. Please Hayashi and crew, don't fuck this up :pray:
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:41 pm

Yeah. It has been too long without a new NG game. What's going on?
ensatsu-ken
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by ensatsu-ken » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:36 am

Team Ninja is currently working on that spin-off Final Fantasy game as far as I know. Though, it may be similar to the situation with the simultaneous development of NG3 and DOA5, where half of the team was tasked with working on one project and the other half with the other game. So maybe half of the team is working on NG4 right now?

Honestly, though, I think that Hayashi should give up the director's chair to someone else and maybe stick to being a producer and/or programmer on the game. Every time that he's done anything with NG as a director, he's always made poor decisions. I'm not saying that Team Ninja needs Itagaki to make a great NG game, but rather that they need someone more suited to directing an action game of this style. I'm not sure who that is, but I'm convinced that it isn't Hayashi.

I'd honestly love to be proven wrong, though. At the end of the day, I just want a new NG game that's great again.
Hicho9
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Hicho9 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:09 pm

I am with you guys. I am dying for some news on NG4 as well. I think there is a pretty good chance we will get some kind of Team Ninja announcement at the Tokyo Game Show this year. However, whether that be NG4 or something else at this point is hard to say. It has been pretty frustrating how quiet Team Ninja has been on next-gen projects---I have to think some big announcements are coming this year.

I am fairly certain that the other major project Team Ninja is working on is the new game/IP called Ni-Oh. Very little is known about it (something samurai related) but what little has come out sounds promising and it has been confirmed to be in development for some time. Koei Tecmo seems to be following a very deliberate strategy of focusing on existing popular IPs and also coming out with a few targeted new IPs. So, if I was to take a guess, this is what the new larger Team Ninja is working on now:

- Ni-Oh
- NG4
- DOA6 (plus endless DOA5 updates)
- various collaborative projects like Hyrule Warriors and this Final Fantasy spin off, etc.

Past history shows about a 4 year time span in between NG games. NG2 came out in 2008 and vanilla NG3 came out in 2012. If they follow this pattern, we should maybe/hopefully see NG4 next year in 2016. Although my suspicion is we would see Ni-Oh first, then NG4 and then DOA6.....so maybe a late 2016 release for NG4? Of course the dream scenario would be TN announces it at Tokyo Game Show coming up and then we see a Spring 2016 release.

Honestly, I am very excited for NG4. Razors Edge proved to me that the new Team Ninja can do a great action game. I also think with the successes of FromSoftware and Platinum recently that the trend is going back to Japanese developers focusing on doing truly Japanese-style action games (vs. Japanese developers trying to make their games more "Western" which was one of the huge errors of NG3).
Hicho9
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Hicho9 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:18 pm

I also think it highly likely that Hayashi would NOT be directing NG4, but just have some kind of executive producer role. It seems like his role now in TN is largely producing/planning projects on a more macro scale like the collaborations with other devs.

This strikes me as a good thing. I don't think Hayashi is terrible, but I agree that it is doubtful he has the kind of vision needed to really direct a great new NG game. His talents lie elsewhere.
Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:12 pm

I am not gonna be too worried until TGS. If that comes without any news I will be sad. Maybe a remaster trilogy to get the team up to date with the NG engine on new consoles and build interest with a NG4 release a year later? I can dream...
ensatsu-ken
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by ensatsu-ken » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:56 pm

Well, on the bright side, at least this isn't one of those series that gets milked out with yearly releases to the point of causing fan fatigue and burn out. I'd rather wait a few years for a good NG sequel rather than receive a slightly altered version of the previous game (in terms of mechanics), like your typical Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed release.

Of course, the downside to that is how the last truly good NG game that we had came out way back in 2008, and waiting 4 years for NG3 didn't exactly help that game's quality.
Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:32 pm

I like razors edge...not as much as NGII, but it's still pretty fantastic. Ng3 was a turd
fantastic_planet
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Post by fantastic_planet » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:27 am

If this means they're taking their time so it doesn't end up like 3 and Yaiba, I'll be happy. I don't have a lot of hope though :pray:
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:43 pm

Team Nina knows everyone is dying for NG. If you go to their facebook page, any post they make, people just reply with "NG4". NG related or not haha.

I think we'll see it at TGS.

NGRE was worked alongside or right after NG3 vanilla. So its been 2.5-3 years + Hayashi stating that they are working on NG4 in Dec of 2013. Gives me high hopes it will be shown at TGS.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:46 pm

When is the TGS?
ensatsu-ken
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by ensatsu-ken » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:42 pm

I'm not sure of the exact date, but it usually takes place around mid-September every year, so it should be happening just over a month from now.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:41 am

#NeverForget
Stumbled upon this old video of mine haha
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:56 am

LOL. I'll believe it when I see it.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:00 pm

I think about that interview any time that Tecmo Koei speak to the journalists. So, it seems that Team Ninja major focus is on Nioh and DoA. Tecmo Koei have recently stated that they are focusing on pushing other franchises like Attack on Titan, Fatal Frame and that odd trap/torture game.

So, it seems realistic that Team Ninja could start working on a new NG4 after Nioh release. The problem could only be Tecmo won't give them the resources because they are using them on the other franchises.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:49 pm

That's too bad. It took a long time, but I finally warmed up some aspects of NGE: RE (NOT NG3). I would like NG4, but not if it is done half-assed. I still want a combo of NGB and NG2.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:16 pm

I'm not saying that Tecmo is not giving the resources to Team Ninja, I just wanted to say that it could be a possibility. Also, there is a possibility that those money could be invested into a Nioh sequel rather than NG4. Just speculating on all the possible scenarios.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:58 am

Ninja Noob wrote:I think about that interview any time that Tecmo Koei speak to the journalists. So, it seems that Team Ninja major focus is on Nioh and DoA. Tecmo Koei have recently stated that they are focusing on pushing other franchises like Attack on Titan, Fatal Frame and that odd trap/torture game.

So, it seems realistic that Team Ninja could start working on a new NG4 after Nioh release. The problem could only be Tecmo won't give them the resources because they are using them on the other franchises.
Resource is not an issue, Team Ninja just have their hands full at the moment.

One team is dedicated to DOA related material while the other half is for Ninja Gaiden and other titles. (Attack on titan and those other games don't hurt Team Ninja as they are developed by Omega Force)

There was a NiOh FAQ posted here somewhere that confirmed the staff working on NiOh are infact the ones who work on Ninja Gaiden. So Theoretically once NiOh is done, the team will be assigned to NG4 since Hayashi did say months and months back that they do want to work on a new NG and they do have ideas for it, but are busy because the team has their hands full with NiOh.

God I feel like such a fanboy reading what I wrote lmao. I want NG4 so bad that I try to convince myself that it will happen no matter what :headbash:
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:53 pm

Nice post! At this point, I don't know what to hope for. Nioh is shaping in a glorious form, so I'd like that the game get sequels and sequels. But it means that NG4 won't come out early... it would be cool if we get a new NG a year, and a new Nioh next year, and so on ad infinitum...
Shigurui
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Shigurui » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Some news coming next month, let's hope for NG4.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news ... pment.html
Schlitzer
Pillbug
Pillbug

Post by Schlitzer » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:32 pm

Yeah, I just came across this news as well. What makes me suspicious is the word "project". Please, please, please let it be a proper NG game :pray:

Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:32 pm

I wake up to a possible NG4 news. Oh man

Edit: "I apologize for any confusion caused by this tweet. This new project does not relate to a new video game!"

FUCK
Shigurui
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Shigurui » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:41 pm

^ At this point I'd settle for remasters on PS4.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:37 pm

That might convince me to get a PS4.
Schlitzer
Pillbug
Pillbug

Post by Schlitzer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:50 pm

Fiend Busa wrote:I wake up to a possible NG4 news. Oh man

Edit: "I apologize for any confusion caused by this tweet. This new project does not relate to a new video game!"

FUCK
Oh man, what a letdown :-( Hopefully it´s still kinda interesting