Ninja Gaiden 4 Discussion

PLATFORM: TBC; RELEASE: TBC;
Hicho9
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Re: Ninja Gaiden 4 Discussion

Post by Hicho9 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:30 pm

Fiend Busa wrote: So Theoretically once NiOh is done, the team will be assigned to NG4 since Hayashi did say months and months back that they do want to work on a new NG and they do have ideas for it, but are busy because the team has their hands full with NiOh.

I agree this is likely. We have heard recently from various articles that Koei Tecmo wants to definitely push/promote/leverage existing IP in the near future. So, I think there is no question we are getting a new Ninja Gaiden at some point----it is just too core and important an IP for them to let lie for too long.

My suspicion is that NG4 is already in some early stage of development. NIOH is definitely Team Ninja's NG team's big focus right now----really important game for them, new IP, etc. But given that we are now at the final stages of NIOH development with release later this year, it should not require the whole team's resources. I suspect part of the team has already been shifted and transitioned to NG4 development. My prediction is we get a NG4 announcement sometime in 2017 (maybe at TGS), with a release in the second half of 2018.

If I had to guess, I would say Team Ninja has around three internal team groups. The NG/Nioh team, the DOA team and the side project/"other" team (FF, Hyrule Warriors, etc.), with of course some staff floating between all of them I am sure. Separately, I bet DOA6 is already in development as well by the DOA team.

I bet alot of the tech and assets, etc. from NIOH and DOAX3 are laying the groundwork and going to go into the next NG and DOA....
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:33 am

I wonder what is the current role of Yosuke Hayashi in Nioh and what will be in NG4. He was a programmer in old NG games, so he could be the same in Nioh, and it'll probably be director in NG4. Opinions?
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:13 am

2018? I can't wait that long. :cry:
Shigurui
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Shigurui » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:15 pm

Ninja Noob wrote:I wonder what is the current role of Yosuke Hayashi in Nioh and what will be in NG4. He was a programmer in old NG games, so he could be the same in Nioh, and it'll probably be director in NG4. Opinions?
Hopefully Tecmo give him back his old job as tea boy. He's fucking useless at anything game related.
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:16 am

Shigurui wrote:
Ninja Noob wrote:I wonder what is the current role of Yosuke Hayashi in Nioh and what will be in NG4. He was a programmer in old NG games, so he could be the same in Nioh, and it'll probably be director in NG4. Opinions?
Hopefully Tecmo give him back his old job as tea boy. He's fucking useless at anything game related.
You know at first I didn't want to believe that NG was 90% Itagaki and 10% rest of Team Ninja, but at this point years later I totally do believe that.

I'll try to be optimistic as hell if we get NG4 at some point anyway, and give the guy one last chance, even if after RE it was pretty clear he doesn't get NG that much.

I guess you take what you can :coffee:
Hicho9
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Hicho9 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:18 pm

I really though RE was pretty great in terms of combat gameplay, minus the baked in flaws from NG3.

Hayashi for better or worse is officially kind of head of Team Ninja and essentially acts in an executive producer type role managing all their different projects. I actually think this kind of role suits him for the most part, with less direct hands-on direction in development (he is not Director for example for Nioh, etc.).
Shigurui
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Shigurui » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:41 pm

The problem with Hayashi (IMO) is he knows fuckall about gaming, he's a bean counter that inexplicably ended up as head of TN. People wrongly credit him as an AI programmer on NG where his actual job was financial planning.

He proved his ineptitude as a game director with his interpretations of Black and NG2, as for his own work with NG3, we all know how that went, the further away from actual game related decisions he is the better.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:33 am

Yeah, I did not like NGS. NGS2 wasn't too bad. I loved the improvements with Rachel, for example.
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:37 am

Shigurui wrote:The problem with Hayashi (IMO) is he knows fuckall about gaming, he's a bean counter that inexplicably ended up as head of TN. People wrongly credit him as an AI programmer on NG where his actual job was financial planning.
Damn really? Didn't his name appears in NGB's credits at the AI designer or something like that?

Personally the thing I can't stand the most from this guy is his obssesion with shoehorning other characters inbetween Ryu's campaign. I'd rather don't have Ayane/Momiji/Rachel in the game at all but if you want to insist at least put their chapters aside as a bonus (kind of Ada's chapters in RE4).

Damn man, talking about this really makes me miss Our Lord and Savior :|
Shigurui
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Shigurui » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:15 am

The AI in NGB is credited to Kotaro Hosogay, Hiroyuki Sadamatsu and Masaki Toyoda. Hayashi was project planner.

Totally agree with you on his use of other characters in the games, especially Momiji in Sigma 2, 'hey, here's a character and weapon you've never used, enjoy the fixed camera twin Tengu gank', absolute prick! :picard:
Sotherius
Pillbug
Pillbug

Post by Sotherius » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:56 am

I trust whoever worked on NG3RE more than i could ever trust Itagaki...

Honestly, NG2 is not fun... it has a lot of great things about its combat, but the bad parts ruin it so much, and the good parts are mostly present on either NGB or NG3RE...
Spoiler:
i still wonder how i would feel about sigma 2, shame i don't have a ps3 really.
I know my ... *ahem*... opinion, is not a common one, but i really tried to like NG2, i tried really hard. and i'm still going to finish this mess called Master Ninja, but after dying a bunch of times to gigadeath and the game glitching cutting my progress, i don't know how much time it will take for me to get back to it.

So, anyways, without going off topic too far. Team Ninja has the potential to make a game better than NGB at this point, and i would love so. a mix of NG3RE's chacters, moveset, and combat mechanics in general, with NGB's amazing enemy behavior and A.I. and NG2's artstyle (the only thing that i can think is better than everything on the series), and i have a perfect NG4.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:07 am

I loved NG2 and NGB. NG3:RE had great fighting. The enemies had a lot of problems and very unbalanced (as in NG2). There was less fighting strategy than NGB, and I miss that. I loved NG2's and RE's intensity, RE's moveset, NGB's precision and fairness.
DJ-OMZ
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Post by DJ-OMZ » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:51 am

Hicho9 wrote: My suspicion is that NG4 is already in some early stage of development. NIOH is definitely Team Ninja's NG team's big focus right now----really important game for them, new IP, etc. But given that we are now at the final stages of NIOH development with release later this year, it should not require the whole team's resources. I suspect part of the team has already been shifted and transitioned to NG4 development. My prediction is we get a NG4 announcement sometime in 2017 (maybe at TGS), with a release in the second half of 2018.
This is exactly what I think as well.

I'm kind of happy that the game (if it will ever exist) will come after Ni Oh. The influence that the team can get from Ni Oh can give a good result to a Ninja Gaiden 4.
I mean, I love Ni Oh's environment, I also like that the team took the time to make demos looking for feedback from the players. I hope there will be such a thing for NG4

That being said, the only aspect I'm really "scared" of is the fighting system. My Idea of the perfect NG will be a mix of NGB and NGII. A well organised game with the ability to rush like crazy on your enemies :laugh: