Do not lynch me. Déjávu.

PLATFORM: PS Vita; RELEASE: February 26th 2013
Grayson1048
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Do not lynch me. Déjávu.

Post by Grayson1048 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:57 am

Please don’t crucify me for cheating like this.
In order to capture my PS Vita on OBS, I modded it.

I did some research and, among other cool things, I found a plug-in that allows you to create save states on a modded Vita, like you can on an emulator.
I feel dirty, but thanks to it I could finally beat a couple Tag Missions I had never been able to.

Cons: - Every savestate is over. 500MB, so they eat up a lot of memory.
- They WILL corrupt your save data for any game you create them on. They warned of this on the page I found, but I tried the plug-in anyway.
- That doesn’t mean all your data will be lost, but it does mean you won’t be able to load your different saves anymore. So if you use them on a given game, that game will become savestate-only, and you’ll have to load a SAVESTATE whenever you want to play it, since your save files will be corrupted.

Pros:
- You can create a save state just before the last boss of a given mission. You get killed, you load the savestate. Boom, you skipped the rest of the mission. Load it as many times as needed.

It’s called Déjàvu.

If anyone’s on the same boat of never having cleared all the Tag Missions in S2+, this might be your solution.
It IS cheating, though, so you will feel dirty afterwards. Be advised.
Master Ninja Ryu
Pillbug
Pillbug

Re: Do not lynch me. Déjávu.

Post by Master Ninja Ryu » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:09 am

You could have bought a PS TV Instead in my opinion this would be better, also you would be able to use a decent controller to play better and try-hard better this game.

BTW, completing these Tag Missions in this way will be CHEATING and won't be considered completed by no one and of course will make you also be banned from Trophies leaderboard sites like PSNProfile and other sites like this.

So be careful on what you do ^^"

But if this is just to able to record it since you can't afford a PSTV, so well, if you record the video and you'll have the proof it has been done all legit, it won't be a problem.

Because if someone clears those missions and have a proof like the video of the whole run, everyone will trust him, if not, everyone won't believe him and he will be pointed as a dirty cheater...so be careful !
Grayson1048
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by Grayson1048 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:23 am

Hello MNR :)
It’s okay, I’m not planning no record any of the missions in NGS2+.

I know it’s cheating, that’s what I said, lol. I’m not proud of having done it, even if it was only a couple missions.

I didn’t unlock the “Power of two” trophy, though, the guilt of cheating was too much and didn’t allow for it.

I made this post thinking there might be some people out there who want to make use of Déjàvu to beat tough spots, not just this but any PSVita game.
HEY! Maybe it could be used to unlock the Turbo Missions trophy! I think that’s considered impossible to unlock by pretty much everyone.
They even took out Turbo Mode for the Master Collection, since it was so merciless hard.

As for playing on a PSTV and proper controller, I don’t know… for me part of the “charm” of the Vita games is playing on the handheld console, since it does make things more difficult, and it’s part of the experience.
Master Ninja Ryu
Pillbug
Pillbug

Post by Master Ninja Ryu » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:52 pm

Hey Grayson ^^

I understand what do you mean but I prefer using a legit hardware approved by sony than modding my console ^^"
Also playing on the PSTV is still hard like playing with the PS Vita if not harder, for example using the Bow is really hard and harder than with the PS Vita so UN3 is even harder on PSTV x)

Anyway I'm glad you did not unlocked the trophy power of two, this would be totally a shame, the one who will be able to unlock it for real, must deserve it and be totally legit, it will be an Historical event for the Ninja Gaiden History !

BTW a question since I'm curious, what Tag Missions have you had still to complete ? UN1 and UN3 ? What about UN2 ?
Grayson1048
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by Grayson1048 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:48 pm

Oh. I didn’t know playing on PSTV could be harder in some cases. Tha bow touchbutton on the Vita is super uncomfortable to use, it really must be very hard on a PSTV then.

I understand about not wanting to mod your Vita, but I’ve found out it has many uses. Not just recording on OBS and Déjàvu, there are many cool and very useful plugins which make for a better Vita experience, I think. Also, piracy related functions which I won’t discuss here.

I agree! Power of Two has to be the hardest trophy/achievement in all of Ninja Gaiden! Specially on the Vita, since it has the original Team Mission stats, unlike the Master Collecion.
Power of Two or You Got Skills in the original Razor’s Edge, which I don’t have either.

As for the missions, it’s UN01 and UN02. I used Déjàvu for Mentor 05 and UN03, which require bow/machine gun and like I said, I find the touchbutton very uncomfortable to use.

I know you’re very good in Sigma 2! Have you unlocked the Turbo Missions trophy?
Master Ninja Ryu
Pillbug
Pillbug

Post by Master Ninja Ryu » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:33 pm

Grayson1048 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:48 pm
Oh. I didn’t know playing on PSTV could be harder in some cases. Tha bow touchbutton on the Vita is super uncomfortable to use, it really must be very hard on a PSTV then.

I understand about not wanting to mod your Vita, but I’ve found out it has many uses. Not just recording on OBS and Déjàvu, there are many cool and very useful plugins which make for a better Vita experience, I think. Also, piracy related functions which I won’t discuss here.

I agree! Power of Two has to be the hardest trophy/achievement in all of Ninja Gaiden! Specially on the Vita, since it has the original Team Mission stats, unlike the Master Collecion.
Power of Two or You Got Skills in the original Razor’s Edge, which I don’t have either.

As for the missions, it’s UN01 and UN02. I used Déjàvu for Mentor 05 and UN03, which require bow/machine gun and like I said, I find the touchbutton very uncomfortable to use.

I know you’re very good in Sigma 2! Have you unlocked the Turbo Missions trophy?
Nope, the Trophy of the Turbo Mission is even much harder than the Power of Two Trophy x)
But I think Power of Two Trophy is possible to achieve legit, even tough it requeires some super high level skill, a lot of luck and so many tries...

I have not understood your answer sorry, you said you used dejavù and completed the remaining couple of Tag Missions left , but you talked about UN1-2 , then UN2 and Mentor 5...so was 4 the number of the missions you still had to complete legit or have I understood bad ? ^^"
Grayson1048
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by Grayson1048 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:05 pm

I know it’s harder lol, do you have it? It’s mostly considered impossible.

To complete LEGIT I still have Mentor 05, and UN 1, 2 and 3.
I used Déjàvu for Mentor 5 and UN 3 :).
And you?

Congrats on 1000 subs by the way!
Master Ninja Ryu
Pillbug
Pillbug

Post by Master Ninja Ryu » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:18 pm

Grayson1048 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:05 pm
I know it’s harder lol, do you have it? It’s mostly considered impossible.

To complete LEGIT I still have Mentor 05, and UN 1, 2 and 3.
I used Déjàvu for Mentor 5 and UN 3 :).
And you?

Congrats on 1000 subs by the way!
Thanks ^^
It's mostly considered impossible because no one in the world unlocked it after 8 years so yeah I don't have it of course x)

I have to complete UN1 and UN3 , I completed UN2 two times on my PS Vita ( with the wall-glitch of course ) first time without recording it, so I started another try to record it at least to show to the people the strat and I ended up completing it again on this try x)

Here is the Run if you would like to see it, I hope it will help you ^^

I totally dislike the way I completed it, even tough this strat is really hard anyway and requires a lot of patience and to be careful, since fiend genshins Incendiary shurikens can go through the walls, so you must pay attenction, that's why it took 40 minutes ^^"
Grayson1048
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by Grayson1048 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:01 pm

Well, that’s still impressive anyway, man, and you beat it not once but twice!
In my opinion the hardest Sigma 2 missions are on the Vita version: on PS3 you can have a real life partner, and on the Master Collection the stats were very softened.
So between the uncomfortable controls and the old stats, these were the hardest Sigma 2 ever got.
I might try your strategy some day :), thanks for sharing.
Master Ninja Ryu
Pillbug
Pillbug

Post by Master Ninja Ryu » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:04 am

Grayson1048 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:01 pm
Well, that’s still impressive anyway, man, and you beat it not once but twice!
In my opinion the hardest Sigma 2 missions are on the Vita version: on PS3 you can have a real life partner, and on the Master Collection the stats were very softened.
So between the uncomfortable controls and the old stats, these were the hardest Sigma 2 ever got.
I might try your strategy some day :), thanks for sharing.
Thanks ^^

Well of course they are the hardest ones on PS Vita, they are the hardest thing to complete in all Ninja Gaiden Games ever, they are the Ultimate Challenge for a Ninja Gaiden player ! I hope to be able to beat them one day, in my life x)

P.S Yeah on the Baby Collection, the Sigma 2 Tag Missions are really hilarious, they are super ultra nerfed ^^"
But still hard for the average Ninja Gaiden players in my opinion ^^