Idea For Story of Ninja Gaiden 4

A forum for non-specific Ninja Gaiden discussion.
ThaBlackFalcon
Pillbug
Pillbug

Idea For Story of Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by ThaBlackFalcon » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:00 pm

Title: Ninja Gaiden 4 - Resurgence

Backstory: Long after the defeat of the Vigoorian Empire and the slaying of the Archfiend, the Hayabusa clan was finally able to live in peace for some years. Unfortunately, no happy ending lasts forever. What young Ryu had failed to realize was that there were other Greater Fiends lying dormant during his various journeys to save mankind from the Fiend realm. A new rival clan has risen and they intend to revive the long dead Black Dragons in an attempt to take over the world. The clan's elder has found an ancient relic said to be the key to the awakening of these fiends, and that they will be the ones to usher in the era of the Black Dragon. Ryu and his brother Hayate and his father Joe, along with the legendary blacksmith Muramasa embark on yet another journey to stop this great evil, but will they make it in time?

Protagonist Characters: Ryu Hayabusa, Joe Hayabusa, Hayate Hayabusa, Muramasa, Rachel, Ayane
Antagonist Characters: Jinbei (Elder of the Black Dragon clan), Hanzo (Head of the Black Dragon Clan (part human, part fiend)), Nocrus (King of the Fiend Realm), Enrah (Greater Fiend of the Earth), Yumi (Greater Fiend of the Moon), Solus (Greater Fiend of the Sun), Nomugu (The Legendary Black Dragon herself)

Enemies: Black Dragon ninjas (from humans to human/fiend hybrids), Dragon fiends (Think Vigoorian Berseker (NGB) meets Water fiend (NG2) and can fly if they so choose) Black Dragon Fiends (Much stronger and deadlier version of dragon fiend, with a slightly darker and more menacing look), Fiend Samurai, Undead, Symbiote Fiends (Basically Venom minus spider-like powers) Dragon Knight (Jinbei's personal guard. They have Humanoid bodies with Dragon's heads so they can breathe fire and are basically armored ninjas in terms of their agility and moveset)

Ryu's Arsenal:

Light weapons: Sai/Daggers, Kama, Nunchaku, Steel knuckles

Medium Weapons: Dragon Sword, Murasama katana (for fighting undead foes), Wooden Staff, Kusari-Gama, Tonfa

Heavy Weapons: Fiend Buster (Dabilahro), Giant Scythe, Sledgehammer, Emperor’s Gauntlets

Ninpo: Art of Incineration - Ryu attaches a talisman that incinerates foe (base level = 1 foe, max level = up to 4 foes)

Art of the Shadow Clone - Ryu summons a doppelgänger as a temporary ally to confuse enemies and allow for team combos (base level = Ryu with base DS, max level = Ryu with max DS)

Art of the Ninja - Ryu turns invisible for a short period, while in this state he can freely use assassin and obliteration techniques at will (base level = 4 seconds, max level = 10 seconds)

Art of Swift Wind - Ryu’s speed increases three fold and enemies move in slow motion while in this state (base level = 3 seconds, max level = 8 seconds)

Art of the Hayabusa - Once per life, upon Ryu’s health fully depleting, he is resurrected (base level = 25% health regen, max level = full health)

Art of the Fiends - Ryu charges and fires a massive blast dealing damage to any enemies caught in its path (similar to piercing void, but more of a laser like the emperor’s first form in NGB)

Any and all additions, edits, suggestions, compliments and/or critiques are more than welcome!!!
reim0027
Administrator

Re: Idea For Story of Ninja Gaiden 4

Post by reim0027 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:22 am

I love the Kusari-Gama. Favorite weapon in NG3RE. I like the doppelgänger ninpo too. I'm not inventive enough to do these ideas.
ThaBlackFalcon
Pillbug
Pillbug

Post by ThaBlackFalcon » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:03 am

Yeah the Kusari Gama was my choice weapon in NG2 lol

I had a good conversation with Royta about this in the ninja gaiden subreddit and he gave me some good feedback as far as weapons and ninpo.
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Post by julius-ruler4 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:18 pm

I am actually fond of the ideas. The way you'd build up the story would be nice to play and might give Ninja Gaiden the revival it needs. Team Ninja's "Talisman of Rebirth" was removed from them with Itagaki's departure from TN. Hopefully they'll flourish again with NG4
ThaBlackFalcon
Pillbug
Pillbug

Post by ThaBlackFalcon » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:55 pm

Yeah, I actually liked the system that NG3:RE used where after killing a certain number of enemies you built up your ninpo. I think the only thing I would do differently is have the player be able to have ninpo energy once its equipped for the first time(like how you got your first ninpo slot with Fire Wheels) and then have it set to have a cooldown and for each time you level up the ninpo, the cooldown is increased (this could allow some cool ideas for armlets that I haven't thought of yet, but maybe something that would reduce the cooldown time of ninpo at the cost of reducing Ryu's overall attack or defensive ability)...I did like having the armlets as a means of further supplementing play style and dealing with certain encounters at the various difficulties.

Thanks for the feedback!!