What Would You Like To See Happen With Ninja Gaiden?

A forum for non-specific Ninja Gaiden discussion.
magx
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

What Would You Like To See Happen With Ninja Gaiden?

Post by magx » Mon May 12, 2014 6:18 pm

Realistically, I think maybe the new team ninja might be able to pull off a good reboot or sequel (I guess) if they just took their time, listened to the older fans and revisited the older games for inspiration. And maybe they could make a new 2D downloadable/handheld entry that wasn't total ass.

Ideally, I'd love to see both the aforementioned new 2D entry as well as a reboot or sequel but this time done by the original Team Ninja (most of whom now work for Itagaki at Valhalla Games). I would like the new 3D game to be in the vein of Ninja Gaiden Black.

They need to refocus the series and STOP TRYING TO APPEAL TO NON FANS. You're just alienating the real ones while failing at grabbing new ones.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Re: What Would You Like To See Happen With Ninja Gaiden?

Post by Fiend Busa » Mon May 12, 2014 7:21 pm

2D ninja gaiden eh I wont be happy if that happened lol
meyerpark00
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by meyerpark00 » Mon May 12, 2014 8:25 pm

Ninja gaiden should have died since 3 made so many people leave and ninja gaiden gets old. it's just fighting AI, it's a game to beat and leave lol. I regret playing NG. i think Team Ninja never listened to their fans actually, they just do what they think is good, even Itagaki back then.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:40 am

Fighting AI is what "fighter games" are about. Plus, the Co-op feature adds to the longevity of the game. But, I still really want a NG2/NGB hybrid.
meyerpark00
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by meyerpark00 » Tue May 13, 2014 3:57 am

ninja gaiden is hack and slash adventure. fighter games are like street fighter, tekken. you'll should add those to ninja archives forums.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Tue May 13, 2014 4:22 am

meyerpark00 wrote:ninja gaiden is hack and slash adventure. fighter games are like street fighter, tekken. you'll should add those to ninja archives forums.
Sure, but you could get bogged down in semantics all day.

Whether NG is a 'fighting' game, an 'action adventure' game, a 'hack n slash' game- whatever. It's a game series that we're all fans of, which is the central theme of this community. :ninjawink:

Meyerpark, you could certainly make threads in the general gaming forum about fighting games you like / are playing, etc. and invite others to play with you or discuss tactics, character strategies, etc. Discussion of any sort of game is welcome here! There's probably not much need for dedicated forums for said games at this time- though if the amount of discussion warranted it, it might happen in the future.

As for NG being 'dead'- I totally disagree. NG3 was definitely a major letdown that hurt the series, but I think Razor's Edge was a big rebound for Team Ninja. It didn't make a huge splash because it will always be associated with NG3, but IMO Razor's Edge showed that Team Ninja CAN still produce a great action game- they just need to build the next one from the ground up with the hack n slash crowd in mind, instead of building an entire game trying to be mainstream and then having to hastily fix it up as best as possible.

Anyway, I've posted my thoughts on 'NG4' in the other topic but I'd like to say that I would LOVE to see NES NG1 and NG2 get the "Bionic Commando: Rearmed" treatment. Those games are still terrific fun to this day and with some smart updates (graphic and sound remaster/rebuild, solid 60 FPS framerate, less ridiculous scroll-spawning) and added bonus features they could be phenomenal arcade titles.

Or even a wholly modern re-do, like the new Stryder game. I'd play the hell out of that. (Also, really need to get around to playing that new Stryder game... :laugh2: )
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Wed May 14, 2014 12:45 am

Lol meyer just bashing NG cuz he quit it
meyerpark00
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by meyerpark00 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:58 pm

Fiend Busa wrote:Lol meyer just bashing NG cuz he quit it
to be honest, it's also a truth. replay value is limited and they are just same runs over and over, just different weapons and longer.Ng small community too. Games like street fighter replay value are very high. Fun online, always new challenges,combo challenges, new combos from intermediate to expert and challenging, it's also very competitive.

[BBvideo 425,350]
[/BBvideo]
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Wed May 14, 2014 11:29 pm

meyerpark00 wrote:
Fiend Busa wrote:Lol meyer just bashing NG cuz he quit it
to be honest, it's also a truth. replay value is limited and they are just same runs over and over, just different weapons and longer.Ng small community too. Games like street fighter replay value are very high. Fun online, always new challenges,combo challenges, new combos from intermediate to expert and challenging, it's also very competitive.

[BBvideo 425,350]
[/BBvideo]
Yet you'll do the same with street fighter once you get bored of it, you'll bash that to

1. You quit NG, sold all your NG games and started bashing how all NG players have no lives and suck just because "you" don't play it anymore
2. You then go rebuy all the NG games again after bashing it and all the people who play it
3. You quit NG again

You'll be back because you can't make up your mind
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Thu May 15, 2014 3:49 am

Let's keep this on topic please.
meyerpark00
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by meyerpark00 » Thu May 15, 2014 4:45 am

reim0027 wrote:Let's keep this on topic please.
thanks reim.
magx
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by magx » Fri May 16, 2014 6:29 am

Fiend Busa wrote:2D ninja gaiden eh I wont be happy if that happened lol
Why do you say that?
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Post by julius-ruler4 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:53 am

Basically when Itagaki was still a head of Team Ninja then NG was great. Hayashi ruined this by NG3 and NGS2. Too bad Itagaki resigned because he would have kept Hayashi in his place and made NGS2 and NG3 and NG3RE also a masterpiece like NGB and NG2. NGO was, IMO, not quite complete and NGS is, sorry to say this, buggy.

I would like to see that we go back to the NGB and NG2 engine and do keep the SoB. I refer to the topic in NG4 section, and make it not like a Karma Run, but like a story that has actually to do something with Ninja's, fiends and Greater Fiends. NG3RE is the better version of NG3 but there are still some things that bother me: the fact you can not keep chaining a SoB after the 4th hit, that you only get a 10th of the points with a regular UT charge, and that some enemies can't be SoB'ed.

It would be great to see NG flourish again, but unfortunatly I say this from the bottom of my heart (And I say this because it is realistic), NG will end just like Call of Duty, every year a new one with many DLC's if Hayashi keeps doing what he did with NGS2 and NG3.

Julius
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri May 16, 2014 1:36 pm

Hayashi did do a good job with NGRE. Maybe he learned what people like and will carry that over to NG4.
Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX » Sat May 17, 2014 8:34 pm

Razors edge is a good ninja gaiden game. Full stop.
Favorite? Best?....those could be debated, but it is a good game. I had very little hope for NG4 until razors edge. But now it seems as though Hayashi may be starting to figure out what makes an NG game tick. Story and art direction need some major tweaks, but the combat has gotten really close to being where it needs to be. I enjoy the options available right now, it just needs to be balanced further and then polished to a mirror shine on all difficulties.

As a personal aside since we have bow UT's again, could we go back to having them gib dudes again? Best part of the bow in NG II was on-landing bow UT's exploding guys. Nice to have windmill shuriken on ryu too
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Sat May 17, 2014 11:09 pm

magx wrote:
Why do you say that?
Because its a step backwards and fans would be pissed except a couple
meyerpark00
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by meyerpark00 » Sun May 18, 2014 1:22 am

Fiend Busa wrote:
magx wrote:
Why do you say that?
Because its a step backwards and fans would be pissed except a couple
But 2D Ninja Gaiden was a classic and a hit. Sure people like classic more than modern most of the time right? 2D Ninja Gaiden was very challenging and and alot of people's favorite. If 2D Ninja Gaiden was in NG4, it was be like a free game for NG4 buyers lol.
Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX » Sun May 18, 2014 1:27 am

I would be in favor of a graphically updated 2d ninja gaidens as a pack in to ng4. Tightened up enemy spawning and convenient save system would be plenty of fun. Not at the expense of the main title though
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Re:

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sun May 18, 2014 4:44 am

Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX wrote:Razors edge is a good ninja gaiden game. Full stop.
Favorite? Best?....those could be debated, but it is a good game. I had very little hope for NG4 until razors edge. But now it seems as though Hayashi may be starting to figure out what makes an NG game tick. Story and art direction need some major tweaks, but the combat has gotten really close to being where it needs to be. I enjoy the options available right now, it just needs to be balanced further and then polished to a mirror shine on all difficulties.

As a personal aside since we have bow UT's again, could we go back to having them gib dudes again? Best part of the bow in NG II was on-landing bow UT's exploding guys. Nice to have windmill shuriken on ryu too
Agree with everything you said.

Especially those chunky bow (and Scythe!) UTs! :beers:
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun May 18, 2014 4:16 pm

I remember the 2D NG games. They were some of the first video games I ever played. That is what made me try NInja Gaiden for the XBox. As for the Story - stop trying. NG3/RE's story is annoying. Especially how intrusive it is (looking at day 5 especially). Having lore like in NGB and NG2 is fine. We don't need an intricate reason to kill the baddies though.

Another thing is remove the projectile bosses. Gawd, they are annoying. Like the helicopter, the spiders, that mecha dino boss after the duel spiders, etc.
Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX » Mon May 19, 2014 1:26 am

reim0027 wrote:
Another thing is remove the projectile bosses. Gawd, they are annoying. Like the helicopter, the spiders, that mecha dino boss after the duel spiders, etc.
I am not sure how the spider bosses are projectile bosses. I suppose you can attack the legs with bow but most just use melee. I like them as a change of pace...2 at once is a bit much though. Mecha Dino is my favorite boss in the game. With bow canceling the plane phase is a joke and bow canceling makes the helicopter laughable as well too. Before I could do bow canceling I would have agreed with you.

I definitely don't speak for everyone, but I don't want every boss/ sub boss to be a greater fiend style fight. Although I don't want any more table top statue fights(Buddha, SoL, canna). I guess the bone dragon from NGB was kind of this as well but it seemed better to me.

Variety is good I guess. I don't want to fight the same enemies all game, the same bosses, in the same opened areas.

That's part of team ninja's challenge though isn't it, because ninja gaiden means different things to different players. Balancing that is a hard task
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon May 19, 2014 2:18 am

What I mean by projectile bosses are ones that spam projectiles constantly (as their main attack). When the screen goes so crazy with explosives/projectiles that I can't even see Ryu, that is a problem.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Mon May 19, 2014 4:03 pm

@meyer, won't let me quote you for some reason lol

Sure it was a classic and hit but that was way back then, if Team Ninja reverts NG back to 2D the series is dead and I can guarantee it but I know that would never happen because Team Ninja are smarter than that lol. Believe it or not money comes first, a 3D NG would do infinitely better than a 2D NG

Especially after NG3, the people are expecting Team Ninja to go full out on NG4 and if they revert to 2D you can see why I said the series would die :thumb:
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Mon May 19, 2014 4:24 pm

Fiend Busa wrote: Especially after NG3, the people are expecting Team Ninja to go full out on NG4 and if they revert to 2D you can see why I said the series would die :thumb:
I don't think anyone's suggesting that NG4 be a 2-d game. I certainly wouldn't want that.

They could make NG4 and also make an NG 2-d game on the side as an arcade title or as a bonus game in NG4 (like the old NG games being in NGO, or the old NG arcade game being in NGB). I mean, it's not the greatest example because the modern game did very poorly, but Capcom made a 3d, modern Bionic Commando game right around the same time that the 2-d remake, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, came out.

If anything, Team Ninja could probably outsource the 2-d game to a smaller studio that's done similar arcade titles.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon May 19, 2014 5:43 pm

I agree. Extra rewards like that would be cool. I liked them in NGO and NGB.