What does Razor's Edge do right that NG3 didn't?

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: November 18th 2012
Zero-ELEC
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Re: What does Razor's Edge do right that NG3 didn't?

Post by Zero-ELEC » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:46 am

Co-op is cool as long as it's optional. Like, maybe have separate missions for single player and co-op. I dunno. :/

I mean, Co-Op is the logical evolution to Brawlers/Hack-and-Slash/Character Action games, I get that. Heck, some of the best, classic, Beat-Em-Ups had Co-Op in them. (Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, Final Fight) But it was optional. You could totally save Marion, kill Belger or defeat Mr. X alone. I digress.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:55 am

Zero-ELEC wrote:Co-op is cool as long as it's optional. Like, maybe have separate missions for single player and co-op. I dunno. :/
Or at least have separate balancing, I think.

I dunno why this topic made me think of this, but I used to start TMNT: The Arcade Game on NES in 2p mode and let the second player die immediately so I could play in 1 player with more enemies and higher boss HP (when you're 10 years old buying another game isn't really an option, so I guess that was effectively Master Ninja mode. Krang was a major pain in the ass. :laugh2: ).
RebornLS
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by RebornLS » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:08 am

Murphy's Ghost wrote:
Zero-ELEC wrote:Co-op is cool as long as it's optional. Like, maybe have separate missions for single player and co-op. I dunno. :/
Or at least have separate balancing, I think.

I dunno why this topic made me think of this, but I used to start TMNT: The Arcade Game on NES in 2p mode and let the second player die immediately so I could play in 1 player with more enemies and higher boss HP (when you're 10 years old buying another game isn't really an option, so I guess that was effectively Master Ninja mode. Krang was a major pain in the ass. :laugh2: ).
THIS MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH!

If Krang were in NG we'd all be dead.

The speedo and suspenders that his andriod wears, is deadly in its own right!

Think if Genshin fought only in speedo and suspenders. :surprise:
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:44 am

RebornLS wrote:Think if Genshin fought only in speedo and suspenders. :surprise:
Thank you for putting that image in my head first thing in the morning. :scared:
RebornLS
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by RebornLS » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:10 am

Dark Hazuki wrote:
RebornLS wrote:Think if Genshin fought only in speedo and suspenders. :surprise:
Thank you for putting that image in my head first thing in the morning. :scared:
anything i can do to help wake you up. :silly:

i'm half temped to do a joke photoshop of krang in a genshin. but i think that would take too much time :facepalm: :facepalm2: :picard:
Hicho9
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Hicho9 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Just a few quick comments....

First, I am loving doing a Cicada Surge teleport counter into a Steel on Bone... :twisted:

Secondly, the more I play with the demo, the more I feel that the weapon movesets and combos in Razor's Edge might now be my favorite of the whole NG series.
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Hicho9 wrote:First, I am loving doing a Cicada Surge teleport counter into a Steel on Bone... :twisted:
Soooooooooooo gonna try that right now! :silly2:
stqueirolo
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Post by stqueirolo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Dark Hazuki wrote:
Hicho9 wrote:First, I am loving doing a Cicada Surge teleport counter into a Steel on Bone... :twisted:

has anyone notice that the comand list has more than 300 moves .
RebornLS
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by RebornLS » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:39 am

stqueirolo wrote:
Dark Hazuki wrote:

and thats not all, there are some 'hidden' moves. the reason i say 'hidden' is because they probably were not intended as secrets but some coder forgot to type them in :laugh:
bodaaf
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by bodaaf » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:07 pm

Hicho9 wrote:Just a few quick comments....

First, I am loving doing a Cicada Surge teleport counter into a Steel on Bone... :twisted:

Secondly, the more I play with the demo, the more I feel that the weapon movesets and combos in Razor's Edge might now be my favorite of the whole NG series.
:sunnyd:
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:14 pm

stqueirolo wrote:
Dark Hazuki wrote:

300 different moves? :shock:
gull
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by gull » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:57 am

I feel bad for all those who bought NG3. This one sounds so much more appealing! I almost want to try it out! I'll get least get the demo
Marsbar
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by Marsbar » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:02 pm

300 different moves???

I'd be surprised if I used more than 5 each for both NGB and NG2. :silly:

NG3 RE for X360/PS3 sounds promising.
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:06 pm

Marsbar wrote:300 different moves???

ive already expend more than 20 hours to the demo i have to say its really promising , but will have to see if the games get to pass the demo jejejeje
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Marsbar wrote:300 different moves???

Me too. I find a couple moves and stick with them. Never been a flashy combo guy.
bodaaf
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by bodaaf » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:48 pm

stqueirolo wrote:ive already expend more than 20 hours to the demo i have to say its really promising , but will have to see if the games get to pass the demo jejejeje
I've almost gotten as much playtime out of the demo as from the full Rising Revengeance (on 3 difficulties :D).

Not to say I didn't enjoy Metal Gear, the NG3RE demo is just awesome so far :wave:
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:34 pm

bodaaf wrote:
stqueirolo wrote:ive already expend more than 20 hours to the demo i have to say its really promising , but will have to see if the games get to pass the demo jejejeje
I've almost gotten as much playtime out of the demo as from the full Rising Revengeance (on 3 difficulties :D).

Not to say I didn't enjoy Metal Gear, the NG3RE demo is just awesome so far :wave:

i did enjoy rising but i have way more fun whit the demo of ng re than the full game of rising jejeje
Tizadin
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Post by Tizadin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:32 pm

you guys are really making me want to pick this up... I tried the demo, I am very impressed with the changes compared to NG3...what to do :banghead:
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:41 pm

Tizadin wrote:you guys are really making me want to pick this up... I tried the demo, I am very impressed with the changes compared to NG3...what to do :banghead:
You should get it after a price drop! :silly:

As I was saying in the chat box yesterday (I thought I had mentioned this in my first post in this topic but I didn't..), one thing that RE did exceptionally well was revamp the scoring system. From what I've seen in the demo it's a much better story-mode scoring system than any of the other games had, with the possible exception being the Hurricane Pack / Intercept (which I've barely played but I understand it conceptually- focusing on speed and Intercepts over UT maximization).

Random- If I could edit one thing into NG2 it would be green essence in story mode. Would instantly turn Karma runs from a chore into some insanely frantic shit. :laugh2:
Tizadin
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Post by Tizadin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:34 pm

Murphy's Ghost wrote:
Tizadin wrote:you guys are really making me want to pick this up... I tried the demo, I am very impressed with the changes compared to NG3...what to do :banghead:
You should get it after a price drop! :silly:

As I was saying in the chat box yesterday (I thought I had mentioned this in my first post in this topic but I didn't..), one thing that RE did exceptionally well was revamp the scoring system. From what I've seen in the demo it's a much better story-mode scoring system than any of the other games had, with the possible exception being the Hurricane Pack / Intercept (which I've barely played but I understand it conceptually- focusing on speed and Intercepts over UT maximization).

Random- If I could edit one thing into NG2 it would be green essence in story mode. Would instantly turn Karma runs from a chore into some insanely frantic shit. :laugh2:

I think I will wait for a decent price drop, even though its only $40, i got suckered into buying NG3, that nightmare of a game...I am quite excited to play the new revamped game, I am seeing a lot of praise for it at the moment...price drops can not come any faster!
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Tizadin wrote: I think I will wait for a decent price drop, even though its only $40, i got suckered into buying NG3, that nightmare of a game...I am quite excited to play the new revamped game, I am seeing a lot of praise for it at the moment...price drops can not come any faster!

That's pretty much how I feel. I bought vanilla full price and I'm honestly still a little sore about it. Combine that with the fact that I'm not hurting for games to play right now - I have too many as it is. And there are still some things that bother me in Razor's Edge.

On the whole there's no doubt it's a huge improvement, though. From what I've seen it's certainly worth playing at some point.
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Murphy's Ghost wrote:Random- If I could edit one thing into NG2 it would be green essence in story mode. Would instantly turn Karma runs from a chore into some insanely frantic shit. :laugh2:
You could take it away from Mission Mode and give it to Story. :wink:
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:02 am

Dark Hazuki wrote: You could take it away from Mission Mode and give it to Story. :wink:
Outside of Survival that's probably an improvement, yeah. It would belong more in story mode, where over the course of a chapter the chances to get it would even out more than the shorter missions. (I also figure that if it were in story mode they'd have spots with breakable vases/chests that would give you green essence to establish some sort of baseline.)

A while back I had a pretty high spot on an NG2 mission (I want to say the one with Liz on the helipad?) just because a couple minions dropped green essence right before I killed her so I had a 2x or 3x multiplier on her kill score. Totally cheap; I didn't even play that well, just spammed Claws FS for the most part. :laugh2:
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:59 pm

ToV's. Wickedly enjoyable. :ahhh:
Ryu_Hayabusa
Greater Fiend
Greater Fiend

Post by Ryu_Hayabusa » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:45 pm

The combat is a whole lot more enjoyable, but the Alchemists in Day 2 are still a huge ass ripper. I'm on Hard and I barely get any damage done on these freaks. I'm using the Claws, but they are level 1 so not too great. Maybe I should drop down to Normal, I seem to have lost my touch.