Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 (360/PS3)

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: November 18th 2012
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 in March 2013 !!!!!

Post by iraqoz » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:35 pm

I dont know about the reliability of Amazon France, but it seems very true:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... next-year/
Last edited by iraqoz on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 in March 2012 !!!!!

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Interesting...

Wonder if it turns out legit. If so, you had the scoop! :cool2:
stqueirolo
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 in March 2013 !!!!!

Post by stqueirolo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:00 am

iraqoz wrote:I dont know about the reliability of Amazon France, but it seems very true:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... next-year/

yeah im buy in it :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
kosmos
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 (360/PS3)

Post by kosmos » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:23 am

March 5 in Europe, 59,99 € ($77).

http://www.amazon.fr/Koch-M%C3%A9dia-X3 ... 259&sr=8-6

It will be funny if this version comes with more content than the WiiU game, this way they will screw everyone, first 360 and PS3 user for releasing a shitty game, then the WiiU users and finally the 360 and PS3 users for making them buy the non shitty version at full price.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 (360/PS3)

Post by Puregrunt » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:41 am

I guess i'm not really surprised. It will probably be even more updated than Razors Edge, that way they can promote it as a new version (and score some extra cash in the process). Tecmo and Team Ninja = money hungry corporation :naughty:

At least this way, the 360 and PS3 users can say STFU to the Wii U fanboys who have already trolled the 360/PS3 users about it. :ninja:
HaoKuaiDeJian
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by HaoKuaiDeJian » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:50 am

In a few private message between me and the TK community manager he pretty much confirms that it was coming and that it would be announced in either Nov or Dec. I posted about it on GFAQ's over 6 month ago so I've been waiting for some news for a while now.

Yeah, I know what you mean man. The Wii U fanboys are no different when it comes to Bayonetta 2. The internet is full of assholes.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:37 am

HaoKuaiDeJian wrote:In a few private message between me and the TK community manager he pretty much confirms that it was coming and that it would be announced in either Nov or Dec. I posted about it on GFAQ's over 6 month ago so I've been waiting for some news for a while now.

Yeah, I know what you mean man. The Wii U fanboys are no different when it comes to Bayonetta 2. The internet is full of assholes.

Anonymity= excuse to be an asshole :headbash: I guess without them though we wouldn't have these lovely internet slang words, Trolling etc :facepalm:

It would be silly to think that the 360 and PS3 users wouldn't ever get to see this game, i'll bet my bottom dollar that it will be even further revised with more content/features. By the time Xbox 720 comes out we'll be on version Ninja Gaiden Sigma Black Razors edge 3?? It will be the most refined NG game yet! After all we, the customer have been play testing it for a few years already :headbash:

All joking aside, i'll probably buy it. But not after i see a complete, thorough review. Have to be a bit cautious this time.
mickstupp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mickstupp » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:05 pm

I will play this. I skipped NG3 because of the reviews, everywhere. And there's no way I'm buying a WiiU, so I'm glad I'll finally get to play the thing. Hopefully I'll like it more than NG2, which I didn't like. For the most part.

Really though, I'd rather have Bayonetta 2 at this stage. The first one was GIGANTIC FUN. In capitals.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:09 pm

I'm with PG on this one. I'll wait until it has been thoroughly vetted and reviewed before I buy this game.
dragon_rocks
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by dragon_rocks » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:17 pm

This is what I had posted in the other thread. Looks like they are doing exactly that:

"1. Release the build they did for PS3/X360 - Expectation that at least 50% of the fans will buy the game + some new gamers will buy as well
2. Release free DLC with additional fan fav weapons - Expectation that at least 10-15% more fans will buy the game due to this
3. Release paid DLC with bosses from previous games for missions - Expectation that 25-50% of game owners will buy the DLC and additional 5-10% of fans will buy the game
4. Release enhanced version of Game for Wii U - Expectation that at least 10-20% of the existing fans will buy the game again and some new Nintendo gamers will buy as well
5. Release Sigma/Black version with enhanced features for PS3/X360 - Expectation that around 50-60% of fans will buy it again"
Ryu_Hayabusa
Greater Fiend
Greater Fiend

Post by Ryu_Hayabusa » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Forgive my my swearing, but...

I. FUCKING. KNEW. IT.

My apologies.
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:40 pm

Disagree with dragon_rocks's post.

I'll preface this by saying I am as pissed off about TN right now as you guys, so I would not waste any time defending them, and I don't mean for this post to do that.

However, in the service of keeping our negativity completely warranted at all times, I'll post my thoughts.

It's my opinion (which could be totally false) that TN did not plan it this way whatsoever. I disagree with your post because it perhaps sounds like thats what you and maybe more people are thinking. Which is fine, if that infact is the case, I'll be pissed off about it as well from that perspective.

But I really don't think it is, I don't believe it's a grand scheme to rip people off. I simply think what happened was, that Itagaki left, TN wanted Hayashi to take the series in a new direction, wether higher ups had anything to do with that or not, Hayashi screwed up NG3 proper, and TN genuinely didn't expect that. Now, razor's edge already being confirmed for WiiU right around the time NG3 vanilla was released, nintendo/fans wanted them to make improvements on a game that was almost universally panned, so they did. And now, after the WiiU version was announced with all of these "improvements" (I'm far from convinced at this point) the 360 users and ps3 users obviously wanted to play this, most outrageously explained by the people who bought Ng3 in the first place. So they now release this new version, in hopes to keep the 'fans happy', I guess.

That's just the way I see it, I don't think it was schemed at all, I just think they're totally out of touch with the game/fans/etc, and this is the result.

And I won't touch this until somebody good at NG says its worth spending time on and why. I really wish TN would just issue a public apology, swallow their pride, and say their future plans for NG is either taking a good long enough time to develop a quality title with fans input, or outsourcing to somebody good (platinum) and going that direction.
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Kazama jin wrote:Disagree with dragon_rocks's post.

I'll preface this by saying I am as pissed off about TN right now as you guys, so I would not waste any time defending them, and I don't mean for this post to do that.

However, in the service of keeping our negativity completely warranted at all times, I'll post my thoughts.

It's my opinion (which could be totally false) that TN did not plan it this way whatsoever. I disagree with your post because it perhaps sounds like thats what you and maybe more people are thinking. Which is fine, if that infact is the case, I'll be pissed off about it as well from that perspective.

But I really don't think it is, I don't believe it's a grand scheme to rip people off. I simply think what happened was, that Itagaki left, TN wanted Hayashi to take the series in a new direction, wether higher ups had anything to do with that or not, Hayashi screwed up NG3 proper, and TN genuinely didn't expect that. Now, razor's edge already being confirmed for WiiU right around the time NG3 vanilla was released, nintendo/fans wanted them to make improvements on a game that was almost universally panned, so they did. And now, after the WiiU version was announced with all of these "improvements" (I'm far from convinced at this point) the 360 users and ps3 users obviously wanted to play this, most outrageously explained by the people who bought Ng3 in the first place. So they now release this new version, in hopes to keep the 'fans happy', I guess.

That's just the way I see it, I don't think it was schemed at all, I just think they're totally out of touch with the game/fans/etc, and this is the result.

And I won't touch this until somebody good at NG says its worth spending time on and why. I really wish TN would just issue a public apology, swallow their pride, and say their future plans for NG is either taking a good long enough time to develop a quality title with fans input, or outsourcing to somebody good (platinum) and going that direction.

im whit you i dont think they planned for this , becouse that means they plan to fail from the begining and i dont think any creator/developer will try to fuck it up to sell more , still i like ng3 and ill will love to have razor edge whitout to have to purchase a wii u
mickstupp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mickstupp » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Having worked for a few game publishers and developers, I would personally not be the least bit surprised if it was entirely planned. They don't care about the end users. They care about cash. Full stop.
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:27 pm

mickstupp wrote:Having worked for a few game publishers and developers, I would personally not be the least bit surprised if it was entirely planned. They don't care about the end users. They care about cash. Full stop.
even if you only think on money fuck it for more money does not look like a good bussines , take in acount that only five people have finish NG3 RE
so i think its not a big seller , a lot of people do not purchase ng3 in xbx and ps3 and a bunch will not purchase the sigma version if it exist just from the failure of ng3 , so i do not see the bussines side of that .
maybe you could expand for me how does making a bad game makes anyone more money . :sunnyd:
mickstupp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mickstupp » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:55 pm

stqueirolo wrote:maybe you could expand for me how does making a bad game makes anyone more money . :sunnyd:
I never said it did. I'll be honest though... my gut reaction to your post is to be very impolite indeed. But I realise that I'm under an awful lot of stress right now, and I can't hear your tone of voice, so I am probably just feeling like over-reacting because I need to take it out on someone/something. So I apologise for feeling that.

In any case. I can only speak from personal experience. What you or I or anyone else here thinks is good business sense... means absolutely nothing. It has no bearing on what marketing and business types in game companies believe is reality. They have no conception of the real world. I know this from personal experience. They're idiots. They look at the bottom line, at numbers. That's all. I've been part of putting out games with very few bugs, and games that were utterly riddled with bugs. Management never gave a damn. It's all about the cash, the quality of the product comes second every single time. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to a normal individual, I understand that. You're right, it's stupid to think that someone would consciously choose their approach. But the money-people in large companies don't live in a sensible world. There is no rational explanation for their thought processes. It genuinely is absolutely believeable that this was planned... and even that they thought it was a good idea!

You simply can't assume that just because we have an ounce of common sense between us... that so do people with degrees and big jobs in game companies. It doesn't work like that.

To answer your question, kind of, I would point you to the film world, where utterly rubbish movies can make hundreds of millions. I'm totally convinced the exact same situation exists in the videogame world. I'm thinking here of the first CODBLOPS game, which I played to completion and thought was a 6-hour festering pile of poo. There's your example of a bad game making disgusting amounts of money. I'd get into the topic further, but honestly I've spent more time here than I can afford right now.

I would reiterate though. Please don't take offense at anything I've said. I'm incredibly stressed right now and have no idea how my text is coming across. If you're offended by me, then it's because I haven't chosen my words well, and I'm sorry.
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:11 pm

mickstupp wrote:
stqueirolo wrote:maybe you could expand for me how does making a bad game makes anyone more money . :sunnyd:
I never said it did. I'll be honest though... my gut reaction to your post is to be very impolite indeed. But I realise that I'm under an awful lot of stress right now, and I can't hear your tone of voice, so I am probably just feeling like over-reacting because I need to take it out on someone/something. So I apologise for feeling that.

In any case. I can only speak from personal experience. What you or I or anyone else here thinks is good business sense... means absolutely nothing. It has no bearing on what marketing and business types in game companies believe is reality. They have no conception of the real world. I know this from personal experience. They're idiots. They look at the bottom line, at numbers. That's all. I've been part of putting out games with very few bugs, and games that were utterly riddled with bugs. Management never gave a damn. It's all about the cash, the quality of the product comes second every single time. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to a normal individual, I understand that. You're right, it's stupid to think that someone would consciously choose their approach. But the money-people in large companies don't live in a sensible world. There is no rational explanation for their thought processes. It genuinely is absolutely believeable that this was planned... and even that they thought it was a good idea!

You simply can't assume that just because we have an ounce of common sense between us... that so do people with degrees and big jobs in game companies. It doesn't work like that.

To answer your question, kind of, I would point you to the film world, where utterly rubbish movies can make hundreds of millions. I'm totally convinced the exact same situation exists in the videogame world. I'm thinking here of the first CODBLOPS game, which I played to completion and thought was a 6-hour festering pile of poo. There's your example of a bad game making disgusting amounts of money. I'd get into the topic further, but honestly I've spent more time here than I can afford right now.

I would reiterate though. Please don't take offense at anything I've said. I'm incredibly stressed right now and have no idea how my text is coming across. If you're offended by me, then it's because I haven't chosen my words well, and I'm sorry.

i fully understand your point now ,and excuse me if i dindt elaborate better my question so its not offensive , wasnt my idea to bother you i just didnt understand the point :beers: :beers:
and i kind of agree of the point you make . :silly:
Ryu_Hayabusa
Greater Fiend
Greater Fiend

Post by Ryu_Hayabusa » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:23 pm

You know what's sad? I'm still going to get the Sigma version.
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:You know what's sad? I'm still going to get the Sigma version.

will be 2 becouse for sure im gettin it :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
Ryu_Hayabusa
Greater Fiend
Greater Fiend

Post by Ryu_Hayabusa » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:06 pm

stqueirolo wrote:
Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:You know what's sad? I'm still going to get the Sigma version.

will be 2 becouse for sure im gettin it :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
And I think that after that one, a reboot should be in order.
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:
stqueirolo wrote:

And I think that after that one, a reboot should be in order.

i agree
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:56 pm

mickstupp's, thanks for posting that man, it's very eye opening to have some in-the-industry knowledge for this discussion.

I've not had any experience with the game industry so far, so I appreciate your post. You guys could be right, honestly. It was just the other day that I ran across a discussion on facebook from some game developers I had befriended a while ago, they were talking about their disgust with an apparent trend of releasing games that aren't complete in order to release 'on time', then counting on patching the game later.(A shoddy development process hilariously referred to as "brogramming" by one of the coders, I guess) But yea it does sound like this kind of thing is becoming more and more common, they were actually discussing the latest WiiU patch release I think (which I don't really know about), apparently the console needs a patch just after it's release, and isn't updating very smoothly sometimes, or something like that.

So there's no telling. It could easily have been a combination of our ideas as well, I think there's not alot of a question that Ng3 vanilla's development was questionable in the regard we are referring to. Nothing smells like management interference more than that game's release.
mickstupp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mickstupp » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:20 am

Ah see there's the thing. The guys working on the game are not the problem. They really do want to release the best product they can... it's the guys with the money that screw things up. You end up forced to release products with sometimes really serious issues just to meet arbitrary deadlines. We once had to release at a thoroughly bullshit date, just so that the company would see some profits from the product within a certain quarter. It had nothing to do with the product and everything to do with satisfying shareholders.

The engineers, the testers, the artists and sound guys... They all want our games to kick all kinds of ass. The designers too, they feel compromised all the time due to cuts made from above. Money money money.

Procrastination.

Much as I have in the past bitched about Hayashi, I'm fairly sure he too would want to release a kickass game. But ultimately, it's up to the guys signing the pay checks. They dictate budgets, release dates, how many resources can be applied to fixing bugs or polishing the game.

Too much procrastination. Have to go.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:56 pm

I dont know guys but I have a bad feeling about this. Iam glad and I hope we get a confirmation from TN soon about NGS3, but something that really bother me, and I really hope its only negative thought in my mind.
Now we all know that NG3:RE is an exclusive WiiU game, so hayashi need to do something else for the Sigma-version. This situation remind me on the change from NG2-NGS2. So Iam really afraid that he do the same things, simply remove the blood, gore and decapitation and add that purple mist. And dont mention alot of content will be removed as well :anxious:
I know its very unlikely, but I just can do anything about this skepticism due to the things Hayashi did so far :picard:
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:23 pm

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 : The $60 dollar parch to make our game a little less of a dissapointment.

I can't wait to hear the interviews with TN for this. I also hope they have paid DLC for it. :pray: