NG3 Razor's Edge Wii U Thread

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: November 18th 2012
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Re: NG3 Razor's Edge Wii U Thread

Post by iraqoz » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:17 pm

stqueirolo wrote: i tell you its a good NG game the problem people still try to play ng 2 in 3 thats just wrong :wink:
If that was the case then I'll be happy for change they did. Actually there more dimembrans, blood and gore....maybe even more than NG2. I dont hate change I gladly welcome it, but you see there are some factors that distinguish NG from other action/hach&slash games and I see those factors are been degraded :facepalm2: so instead of improving them they diminshed them !!! they can change everything they want I dont mind just not the reason most of us play NG :cry:
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:04 am

NG needs to go to other devs, in my opinion.

Agree with PG's point about how much time is spent learning a game's system.

To me, It does kind of edge on the 'pissing people off' side of things, when developers go and start messing with frame properties and auto targetting/speed issues/core mechanics of an indepth system that fans have spent hours learning and adapting to, for an ill-conceived reason, that being to shallow it up for casuals..I guess? Either way, I think it can be concluded that they didn't really know what they were messing around with, as far as the technical core mechanics are concerned, or so it sounds like.

While the game is always just a game to me, I can definitely understand the hardcore players who are pissed off over this stuff. To me it's not a matter of change vs no change, at all, really whatsoever. Change can be welcomed if it is intelligently crafted and makes a serious case for itself to succeed whatever was before it for the better. any moderately decent video gamer can tell ng3 didn't do that.

hope NG gets another developer who'll actually make another quality title.

Or, I hope sega stops being stupid and makes a console next gen shinobi.
Shigurui
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Shigurui » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:56 am

Forgot this was even out, had a look at some vids and reviews and all I came away with was same shit, slightly different package. Unless Tecmo hand this franchise and all past code over to Platinum (who else could do it?) then it's doomed under Hayashi. I wouldn't trust that prick to make a sandwich correctly.
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:28 pm

Meh it's still NG3.
stqueirolo
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Post by stqueirolo » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:37 pm

Kazama jin wrote:NG needs to go to other devs, in my opinion.

you see again the same , people try to play 2 on 3 thats wrong, and becouse its not the same game you all know how to play its a bad game .
for me its more of people dont like to relearn something .
you want the same thing one and another i guess most of the people go to a restaurant and always ask for the same dish , shit thats boring .
ill take a diferent meal everyday even if its not that good , eat the same every day for the next 8 years uffff what a boring life :blah:
MasterRyukenden
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by MasterRyukenden » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:06 pm

stqueirolo wrote:

you see again the same , people try to play 2 on 3 thats wrong, and becouse its not the same game you all know how to play its a bad game .
you want the same thing one and another i guess most of the people go to a restaurant and always ask for the same dish , shit thats boring .
ill take a diferent meal everyday even if its not that good , eat the same every day for the next 8 years uffff what a boring life :blah:

I agree with you! With all do respect this is ninja gaiden 3 not ng1 or ng2. The gameplay is going to be different if you like it or not, if players want ng1 or 2 gameplay why not release a dlc. NG1 was a masterpiece, NG2 was great with outstanding gameplay and NG3 flat out sucked!! Now NG3RE is a good game but not great, not even near the greatness of one or two. I feel like razors edge still needs work but anyone who would put over 200 hours into the game might feel different. Why? simple cuz you master it. The problem is one and two were made by Itagaki and the real team ninja part 3 wasnt. This is my opinion with the couple of hours ive played and i don't even have full upgrades on weapons.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:08 pm

MasterRyukenden wrote:
stqueirolo wrote:

I agree with you! With all do respect this is ninja gaiden 3 not ng1 or ng2. The gameplay is going to be different if you like it or not, if players want ng1 or 2 gameplay why not release a dlc. NG1 was a masterpiece, NG2 was great with outstanding gameplay and NG3 flat out sucked!! Now NG3RE is a good game but not great, not even near the greatness of one or two. I feel like razors edge still needs work but anyone who would put over 200 hours into the game might feel different. Why? simple cuz you master it. The problem is one and two were made by Itagaki and the real team ninja part 3 wasnt. This is my opinion with the couple of hours ive played and i don't even have full upgrades on weapons.
That exactly what we want, or atleast what I want.
Someone in gamefaq wrote very good post about the things that lacks, which IMO VERY VERY CRUCIAL when it comes to NG.

- Auto-correct system with one frame grab and hit :surprise:......still the the same B***S*** as NG3 where you forced to strike 1-2 hit max and run away, you cant fight group of enemies face-to-face without getting "auto-corrected-one-frame-grabed" all the time. So "hit-and-run" is the only style you can use in MN-difficulty.
- Hitbox: normal humanoid enemies sometimes ignore your hit (they dont stagger) and hit like there is nothing happend.........well see this in NG2/NGS2 while fighting bigger fiends but I have never experienced this on humanoid enemies.
- Juggling: happend specially if you get in midair...you get juggled by enemies and if there are VG they can chain grab you and you cant do anything about it.

Those are some of the VERY IMPORTANT factors to me personlly when Iam playing a NG, actually therefor I like this series so much, because its almost perfect. Without those things its very hard to enjoy playing NG like you use to it.
I dont mind starting to learn new style if its not broken and its my fault for not learning it probably, but its broken....its not a question about not to adapt to new play style its just "you cant get near the red line and stand laughing any more" if you understand what I mean. This is the essence of NG we are talking about.

Just to make it clear, when I mentioned those thing Iam not only talking about NG1 and 2, Iam talking about the essence of NG which is IMO the almost flawless combat-system.

I can be wrong because I only played NG3 on ps3. But that what I can conclude from watching and reading since the release of this game.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:27 pm

In general, I don't think it's a very sound approach to judge a game without having played it.

I played NG3, finished Master Ninja, played some of Ultimate Ninja. Finish all Acolyte/Mentor and most of the Leader trials solo. Played about 10 matches of PvP. Tried all the MN trials solo, did not finish any. From that experience, I feel pretty confident in my assessment of the game. I'm no technical guru, I mostly just operate on 'feel'. I kinda hated NG2 at first, but after 50 hours playing it, it felt great to play, like driving a race car. Bayonetta and Vanquish took a little bit of adjustment, but ditto. After 40-50 hours of NG3 it still felt like I was driving a clunker with a shot transmission. So, maybe that's on me- but in my opinion the game simply does not play well.

I haven't played Razor's Edge and I probably won't, so I'm not gonna have an opinion on it. I hope people enjoy it, though.

To that end, could we possibly leave the NG3 bashing behind (or do it in one of the NG3 vanilla topics) and leave this space for honest discussion of Razor's Edge actual gameplay, if anyone wants to talk about it?

I mean... I'm not gonna stop you folks from posting, I don't think anyone's been disrespectful or anything (which is why I love this place... :biggrin: ), and I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do. It's just a thought? :anxious:
MasterRyukenden
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by MasterRyukenden » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:39 pm

I'll be uploading a bonus video of NG3RE gameplay from the gamepad.. Take a look guys very cool, it could be done with most games.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:12 pm

Murphy's Ghost wrote:In general, I don't think it's a very sound approach to judge a game without having played it.

I played NG3, finished Master Ninja, played some of Ultimate Ninja. Finish all Acolyte/Mentor and most of the Leader trials solo. Played about 10 matches of PvP. Tried all the MN trials solo, did not finish any. From that experience, I feel pretty confident in my assessment of the game. I'm no technical guru, I mostly just operate on 'feel'. I kinda hated NG2 at first, but after 50 hours playing it, it felt great to play, like driving a race car. Bayonetta and Vanquish took a little bit of adjustment, but ditto. After 40-50 hours of NG3 it still felt like I was driving a clunker with a shot transmission. So, maybe that's on me- but in my opinion the game simply does not play well.

I haven't played Razor's Edge and I probably won't, so I'm not gonna have an opinion on it. I hope people enjoy it, though.

To that end, could we possibly leave the NG3 bashing behind (or do it in one of the NG3 vanilla topics) and leave this space for honest discussion of Razor's Edge actual gameplay, if anyone wants to talk about it?

I mean... I'm not gonna stop you folks from posting, I don't think anyone's been disrespectful or anything (which is why I love this place... :biggrin: ), and I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do. It's just a thought? :anxious:
I say that because I played NG3 and done almost everything in it. So its easy to judge NG3:RE only by looking at youtube videos. But you right you can only judge the game by playing it yourself, thats why I took my statement in one of the posts I found from someone who played the game.

Its not question about enjoying the game or not. I bet I'll enjoy the extra thing they put in myself. The main point of this thread is to discuss the pros, cons, news..... of this game and that what we do.

And if we talk about enjoyment...it goes without saying...I wish everyone enjoy every game they play.
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:26 pm

Murphy's Ghost wrote:

:

thanxx thats all i ask becouse its really tiresome to try to see something of the game i enjoy and just find bad coments continusly :beers:
i hate bayoneta and im not in that post saying its a bad game nor trying to convince anyone of what i think of, it just the same whit devil may cry and god of war.
for me thoes games just plain sucks no challnge , enemys are there just to be hit sacks . do not enjoy puzzles and i hate the personality of the main characters.
kratos yealing mutha fucka and just arrogant all the way
dante arrogant prick
bayoneta simple dominatirx whore
still i think if someone like them good for them , i do no t enjoy that type of characters .
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:46 pm

I disagree with people saying that this is 'change'. No disrespect, I just think 'change' is a way of sugarcoating the devs being rushed/not knowing what they are doing. The stuff in iraqoz's post about some of the technical differences is evident of this, and it's especially frustrating for hardcore players considering that we seem to understand the system on a technical level, more than the developers apparently do, or care to.

That's all for me though, I do agree with MG, we've been talking about the NG3 situation for a while now, I'll leave it to other folks to discuss gameplay and stuff in this thread from now on. I don't think the discussion about NG3 is really going to go anywhere from here. I'm still considering writing a snail mail letter to tecmo or TN somehow, i've just been busy with other things.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:33 am

Whilst i agree that change can be good, that still doesn't necessarily mean that it will be good. It's not just about adapting either. Look at NGB and NG2. Do they play the same? No they don't, but they are both awesome games. I can adapt to any playstyle, wether that be the slower, more methodical playstyle of NGB, or the frenetic, chaotic speed of NG2. People don't complain about it because they can't accept the changes, they complain for legitimate reasons. And then they back it up with facts.

I finished NG3 on Master Ninja, and then even put myself through Ultimate Ninja, just to see it through. I gave it many chances.

NGB
- Excellent graphics
- Cool bosses (Alma, Awakened Alma, Fiend Ryu, Spirit Doku)
- Maximum replayability
- Balanced and challenging AI
- Creative original weapons (Unlabored Flawlessness, Nunchucks, Kitetsu, Dabilahro)
- Excellent level design
- Awesome Mission Mode with literally thousands of hours playability
Practically every website rates the game 9.0+

NG2
- Unrivalled combat speed
- Blood and Gore
- Loads of replayability
- Massive variety of unique weapons (Falcons Talons, Kusari-gama, Blade of the Archfiend and Tonfa)
- Tests of Valor
- Survival Missions
- Excellent Graphics

The only real complaints that i've ever heard about both iterations, is that they are too hard. Even NGB on normal would kick a casual gamers ass. NG2, people complained about the level of projectile spam. BUT, the pro's outweight the cons. Hence why people invested, and still do invest time playing these games. They are exhilirating, fun, challenging and cleverly put together. It's almost completely unanimous that these versions are very good and it's pretty evident in numerous feedback they've gotten. Now for me to really appreciate NG3, i would need someone to tell me why. Give me some real facts as to why it's good, why the changes are unique and thoughtful.

Have the changes been detrimental, or is it simply a case of us not accepting it for what it is, and enjoying it. For me, if i eat the same thing over and over again, and it tastes great, i'm probably going to enjoy it and keep coming back for more. If i go off on a tangent and eat something different for a change, but it tastes like crap, no matter how many times it's digested it's still the same. I'll probably just go back to eating the same thing i love and enjoy...see the logic here?

Now the funny thing is this. Why is that in NG3 Razor's Edge, it has most, if not all of the NG2 features added back in. And they were all implemented after people complained. What does that tell you?
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:28 am

no offense but it tells me PEOPLE EQUAL SHIT.
i do not like that they make changes becouse people complain just like mass effect final , games are art and like any other art some will like it some not i do not have to tell you why you should like it . if you like it fine if not fine too .
the thing is stop complaining you dont like it fine go on whit your life and play ng b or ng 2 .
again i do not like a bunch of games and im not saying to you continously why i do not like them , i do not enjoy clasical music and still i do not go to a conservatory and say to the people that like it they are wrong , for me its like religion or politics you thing you are right and that you have to convince everyone of that .
i will not give you reasons to like it becouse i do not care if you or anyone else like it , i personally enjoy it and thats me any trouble whit that.
try to think for yourself and stop trying to convince that your opinons matter to anyone else sorry to be rude but common its been more than 6 months you dont like it leave it :kungfu:
you could be the best ng player in the wolrd still your opinion to me its not valid becouse the only opinion im interest is mine.
theres people that knows ng 3 its not the best but still enjoy it so who are you to tell them they should not, just becouse you dont like it , and you are so cocky that you think getting all technical its a valid answer common grow up .
i think this will be my last post becouse i grow tired of these comments so see yaaa ninjas
have fun in everything and see yaa in ng 4 :ninjawink:
protekwow
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3

Post by protekwow » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:43 am

NG3 is just about the trials, the StoryMode is horrible. Seeing RazorsEdge the StoryMode will be more fun but i dont know about the trials :( Dont judge NG3 by just having played the Story instead of the DLC Trial content, thats where the fun is and i enjoy it every day! Would be nice UN5 double Ayane or maybe different weapons instead of always the scythe. But i think Meyer mentioned somewhere that the damage of the Dual Swords is completly broken (its too low for ceratin attacks) so you wont realy be using it..... Balancing strikes again -_-
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:51 am

@Kazama, PG.. my point is that the time for comparison has come and gone. I don't necessarily disagree with either of your points, by the way.

So NG3, or NG3:RE, isn't as good as NGB or NG2 or NGS or whatever. It is still a video game, that exists. It is a Ninja Gaiden game, whether or not it captures all our members' interest. (Clearly, it does not. Let's get the obvious out of the way...)

The question at this point is, is there anything substantive to be gained from bitching on a forum that Team Ninja clearly does not read? I think we're past the reaction stage now as far as NG3 vanilla is concerned. At least, in the sole thread currently dedicated to a new release almost none of us has actually played, can we not choke the discourse with presumptions, however probable they might be?

If NG3 or NG3RE is a 'bad' Ninja Gaiden game, so be it. At least can we move towards discussing how this 'bad' NG game is best played, for success or amusement? What's the most ridiculous juggle combo that can be performed in NG3? I certainly don't know...

And if there's to be a topic fueled by disappointment from this game, how about we have a 'suggestions for NG4' or 'letter to Team Ninja' (as Kazama Jin has smartly suggested) topic instead of a 'I fucking hate NG3' topic... it's really the same thing but a lot less sour, eh? :anxious:

Really, honestly? I just think we have a really good, smart, fun group of people here, and however diverse our opinions and experiences might be, I hate to see it be consumed by negativity (which I'm utterly guilty of at times myself, no doubt, and if you all want to check me on that, it'd be welcome). That's really all that bothers me here.

Carry on, ninjas.

:thumb:
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:05 am

Opinions are like a******s, everyone's got one. It's OK by me to have someone disagree on something, but it's not OK when they don't provide a valid reason. We're all adults (for the most part) here, so we can behave like them. There's a big difference between having an opinion (and a mature discussion), and having a non constructive discussion. I couldn't care less if someone else like the game, play it all you want, until your fingers fall off (i don't mean that literally).
Einherjar
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend
Location: In my igloo, in the snowy wastelands of Southern Canada.

Post by Einherjar » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:45 am

Hey guys, just came to say that I reported some wrong things.

For one thing, Ryu in Ninja Trials CAN change his weapons and Ninpo, but only before starting the trial.
Also, you can start a New Game after completing it without having to keep all of skills, if you want to start the game naked again.

My game has been crashing a bit over the past few days, but so has the Wii U by itself. Kind of annoying.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:36 pm

I agree with MG. Let's keep this on topic; discussing NG3:RE and not a NG3 bash.
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:19 pm

Einherjar wrote:Hey guys, just came to say that I reported some wrong things.

For one thing, Ryu in Ninja Trials CAN change his weapons and Ninpo, but only before starting the trial.
Also, you can start a New Game after completing it without having to keep all of skills, if you want to start the game naked again.

My game has been crashing a bit over the past few days, but so has the Wii U by itself. Kind of annoying.

yeah cool to know one question which ninpos are available , and do only ryu can use those ninpos or the generic ninjas can to .
Marsbar
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by Marsbar » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Thank you for all the reviews and info. Your comments have convinced me that NG3:RE is definitely not what I am looking for. You have saved me over $400. :D
MasterRyukenden
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by MasterRyukenden » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Is Ayane in love with Ryu? Look at the end of her day 6 mission. Ayane isn't happy with the way Irene talks about Ryu. :eyebrow:
protekwow
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3

Post by protekwow » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:35 pm

MasterRyukenden wrote:Is Ayane in love with Ryu? Look at the end of her day 6 mission. Ayane isn't happy with the way Irene talks about Ryu. :eyebrow:
Everyone loves ryu even me :ninjawink:
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 pm

Wasn't that Sonia?
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:50 pm

Master PG wrote:Wasn't that Sonia?
In Team Ninja's odd attempt at connecting the modern and NES series, apparently Sonia = Irene. (Sonia was her code name, or something...) :think: