NG3 Razor's Edge Wii U Thread

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: November 18th 2012
reim0027
Administrator

Re: NG3 Razor's Edge Wii U Thread

Post by reim0027 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:34 am

Gotta love anonymity. Allows people to be complete asshats. Arguing with them is a waste of time.
HaoKuaiDeJian
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by HaoKuaiDeJian » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Have you guy's seen these?

Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:28 pm

I can't see it, says the content is blocked :scratch:
magx
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by magx » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Master PG wrote:I can't see it, says the content is blocked :scratch:
Similar situation here.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Blocked for me too.
HaoKuaiDeJian
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by HaoKuaiDeJian » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:14 am

Sorry lads i''m not sure why that is.

It's 2 skins from NGS2. Fiend Ryu and the blue one. I'm not sure if the blue costume had a scarf in previous games, but it's got one in this
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:51 am

That's pretty much why I think that hiring and collaborating with top players for a franchise is going to end up being really important.

It's obvious that developers and publishers don't have time to actually play a TON of games and understand how they work, clearly, or else they are either unable to understand, or just don't care.

The fact is that any one of us, who's played NG over the years on the harder difficulties, could come up with a formula for a badass successful NG game in about a day or two.

Again, the problem lies in the motivation being money. The attitude is clearly that they don't give a shit about what the game has in it, as long as it sells. fair enough, it's a business. But as long as money is the deciding factor, corners will always get cut as far as this sort of stuff goes, they will always never be open to the idea until somebody takes a chance and it ends up being successful.

Which they already have, in multiple instances. The fighting genre has collaborated with players often, and also community FPS like team fortress 2 are obviously fairly open with balance issues and what should be done. A deep game like NG should be no different.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:55 am

Kazama jin wrote: It's obvious that developers and publishers don't have time to actually play a TON of games and understand how they work, clearly, or else they are either unable to understand, or just don't care.
Random derailment - that's one thing I actually always respected about Hideo Kojima, much as the direction/writing in MGS games sorta drove me nuts after awhile for all its plodding preachiness- Hideo Kokima is friggin' AWESOME at Metal Gear (and is known to be a video game addict in general).

After MGS2:Substance came out there was a Japanese DVD floating around that had a "director commentary run" of MGS2- it was Hideo Kojima doing commentary over a video of him doing a near-flawless run of MGS2 on Extreme for the Big Boss rank. Having done that run myself, I can tell you it's no joke. :smile:

PS - @ ST - I didn't wanna be a dick in my response to you, looking back now. Just I think that everyone should be able to say what they think honestly, is all.

At the same time, I'm gonna try to be more positive about Razor's Edge - noone here has played it yet so for all I know the game will be something I'd have fun with. :ninjawink:
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:03 am

It's impossible to know without playing it. Most of us are a bit pessimistic about it because of the first version was so lack luster. Who knows, this game might actually be quite good :pray:

:ninja:
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:15 am

Master PG wrote:It's impossible to know without playing it. Most of us are a bit pessimistic about it because of the first version was so lack luster. Who knows, this game might actually be quite good :pray:
I can't say that would be a bad thing, but I dunno if my budget can handle it. If everyone that gets it starts hollering about how it's the greatest thing my barely-existing bank account is gonna shed major tears. :laugh2:
magx
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by magx » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:02 am

Master PG wrote:It's impossible to know without playing it. Most of us are a bit pessimistic about it because of the first version was so lack luster. Who knows, this game might actually be quite good :pray:

:ninja:
WE HAVE A HERETIC! GET HIM!
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:17 am

*Smokebomb* :bolt:

:laugh:
stqueirolo
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Post by stqueirolo » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:15 pm

Kazama jin wrote:

The fact is that any one of us, who's played NG over the years on the harder difficulties, could come up with a formula for a badass successful NG game in about a day or two.

WOW really you think you can do it better in two days , start your kickstarter ill pay you jajajajajajajajaja :coffee:
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Murphy's Ghost wrote:
Kazama jin wrote:

PS - @ ST - I didn't wanna be a dick in my response to you, looking back now. Just I think that everyone should be able to say what they think honestly, is all.

no trouble you had a point i understand it :beers:
magx
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by magx » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:22 pm

stqueirolo wrote:
Kazama jin wrote:

WOW really you think you can do it better in two days , start your kickstarter ill pay you jajajajajajajajaja :coffee:
To be honest, I did think of the teleport ability and extended shuriken attacks when dreaming up ideas for the sequel to the first one (this would have been in 2006-2007 I guess). And none of us would have thought QTE's, Kunai climbs, turret sections and being led around via headset would have made brilliant additions to the formula :beers:
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:06 am

stqueirolo wrote:
Kazama jin wrote:

I don't understand your response. Is it really that unbelievable? All you'd have to do is expand on NG2 did for starters. That being:

-A solid gameplay engine with reliable auto-targetting, and smart, aggressive AI.
-more weapons. more time spent balancing the new weapons.
-more balanced bosses, think about how genshin works. The idea of a rare-hurt frame boss, that has rhythm based combinations that you cannot strike through. Design early bosses that teach you to block, and pick your spots. Later bosses could be less balanced and more survival based, but early bosses should teach the player defense and offense. Doku and Genshin did this well, Genshin much more so. I don't think Murai is a good example at all, since the wall jump is so encouraged, and using the level 1 DS skillfully is not something a new player is going to do without alot of time. which brings me to:
-Do not limit the movelists on early weapons. NG2 did this great, you have a substantial movelist, enough to get by. I wouldn't change the idea of higher tier moves being released later in the game until I had some time to think about how it would work otherwise. But level 1 weapons need to be able to be of good use.
-Can take a look at how UTs and Ninpo are applied, I think NG2 had a great balance for them, and again, I'd take some time to see just how it would effect the balance if you were to change them. I don't think they need to be changed from NG2 at their core, minor tweaks and stuff maybe.
-MORE COSTUMES. TN is naive on this subject. Those morons want the game to sell well so badly, but fail to realize that there is an entire market for customization in games, in general. Fighting games with indepth customization always have day1 buyers who like that aspect. A celebrated action game like NG should at least have a crazy amount of costumes, palette swaps, or some sort of customizable theme or what the hell ever. It doesn't have to turn into a soul calibur mess, but this seems to be something that alot of people like.
-(new idea) I want to be able to summon assist ninja dogs. Shut up. I'd make a version of the game with that in it for myself only. you could tag team COMBO with the ninja dogs. whatever, it would be fucking boss.
-Get fucking rid of kunai climb.

Right so, jajajaja, that took about 10 minutes or so. Think about if 3 or 4 NGB/NG2 vets did this for 1,2, maybe 3 days. They absolutely would come up with a formula for the next great NG game, period.

Seriously man. The last thing I think anybody was thinking when NG3 came out was, " damn, wow! that was a good try! .. they almost had it!.."
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:59 am

Seriously man. The last thing I think anybody was thinking when NG3 came out was, " damn, wow! that was a good try! .. they almost had it!.."

well you see for me ninja gaiden 3 make the right changes in not a good way , but for me its wow! that was a good try!. and gives me hope for the franchise
i was specting something way worst from hayashi, the idea of razor edge getting deep in changing what could be take as a fail in 3 , for me its a good sing of whats to come, im a musician so in the art part of things i know that something that in paper sounds great not always work .
kosmos
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3

Post by kosmos » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:13 pm

dragon_rocks
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by dragon_rocks » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:19 pm

Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:49 am

The costume's look really good. I especially like the original Ryuken blue sleeveless one. They should put the Biometal and Shadow Walker back in as well. They'll probably DLC them.

(You can't embed this video, just click on the link instead)

At 0:51 Ayane is fighting 2 Ryu's :shock:
dragon_rocks
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by dragon_rocks » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:45 am

Actually not. It looked like one Ryu was co-op partner and the other is not Ryu but another ninja enemy.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:07 pm

Why the fuck didn't they do something like that in the first place? They should release a NG3: Black. :bitch: :picard:
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:52 pm

reim0027 wrote:Why the fuck didn't they do something like that in the first place? They should release a NG3: Black.
Give it a few months after RE comes out. You never know in this day and age.
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Murphy's Ghost wrote:
reim0027 wrote:Why the fuck didn't they do something like that in the first place? They should release a NG3: Black.
Give it a few months after RE comes out. You never know in this day and age.

lets hope it happen but i doubt it becouse of sigma .
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:13 pm

I just came across this statement made by Team Ninja following the release and review by fans and loyalists. From N4G.com.

While speaking with Gamasutra, director Yohei Shimbori said that "everybody at the studio was pretty shocked. It really made us take another look at the game and why that reaction was there. One of the things that I learned was the power of having a series behind you, and what it means to be part of a series. There are existing fans out there, and you have to think about the people who have supported the series for so long, and you want to make sure that the game that you make appeals to them first, and satisfies those fans first.” (PS3, Team Ninja, Xbox 360)

Come again?? They were "shocked" because the game was complete garbage, and an insult to the NG gaming community. :facepalm: