NG3 Razor's Edge Wii U Thread

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: November 18th 2012
Puregrunt
Administrator

Re: NG3 Razor's Edge Wii U Thread

Post by Puregrunt » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:04 pm

It certainly has my friend. We are only now missing the Tonfa and Flails...$DLC???? :smile: :picard:
Massaca
Splatter Witch

Post by Massaca » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:33 pm

I really want my VF back but with Ayane and the returned weapons + changing appearance with upgrades again, I'm more than happy so far. I read on GFAQs that the there are supposedly a few weapons planned as free DLC but I'm assuming that's just purely rumour and wishing. Suppose it could be TOnfa, VF and the Enmas thingy/Dabilahro.
Either way, I wasn't excited at all for NG3 but I am extremely excited for NG3RE.

Kinda surprised at the lack of Kitetsu (just in NG3 in general). With the Katana switching through the story could've been nice but maybe it's too different and they were too lazy/spending time on other stuff. I think it would go well with the Blade of the Archfiend as the the dual swords combo instead of the TDS. Could add some cool moves to the BotA inspired from how it was in NGB.
Raptor
In the Shadows

Post by Raptor » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:53 pm

Here Massaca;

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/25/ni ... haracters/
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge also adds Ayane to the game as a playable character. Ayane has her own chapters, but a separate mode in the game will let you play all chapters using either her or Ryu. She and Ryu can also team up in a new co-op online multiplayer mode.

Team Ninja also made enemies in Razor’s Edge more aggressive, improved AI, and upped the game’s difficulty. There are plans for free DLC as well, and Nintendo announced this morning that these will be in the form of additional playable characters, which will be revealed at some later date.
stqueirolo
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Post by stqueirolo » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:29 pm

f uc k i dont wanna to have to purchase a wii u but whit the kusari gama in its so dificult to avoid it .looks so nice
aaaa and protectwow yeah its january sorry for the mistake :facepalm:
bodaaf
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by bodaaf » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:41 pm

Need to convince the wife to buy a Wii U. I'll only need to buy 2 games ever; NG3 and Bayonetta 2 :whistle2:
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:45 pm

There is just no reasoning with trolls (read my comments on the YT page)

[BBvideo 425,350]
[/BBvideo]
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:39 pm

wow fuc king trolls , to much complain for one opinion , PG take it as it is trolling jajajajaja
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:29 pm

lol..

Surely it's obvious to everyone what's going on, if they'd take a step back and look at the situation. NG3RE would've been completely identical to NG3 if NG3 had done well.

It's common sense in my opinion, to think that once nintendo or whoever saw that NG3 was probably the biggest failure of an anticipated sequel in recent memory, they clearly ordered the devs to change things for the upcoming release.

All this stuff those youtube people are saying sounds like they're suggesting that there's no reasoning behind the additions, meaning that it would be more like sigma: The game shows up on another console with additional content, just because.

Such is not the case to me, and it shouldn't be to anyone else. The fact is TN was banking on NG3 vanilla doing well, and it failed utterly, and miserably. With a future version of the game to be a launch title for an important console for nintendo, yea of course they're going to have to change some things to improve it.

Anyways. I'll be looking forward to Massaca's opinion of it, I'm quite curious how it'll turn out. It looks like alot of fun so far, even if the kusarigama is still unsafe as hell, most likely. :T I'd also be surprised if they left out the flail, alot of people liked that weapon, I thought. I really like the VFs also, however, 360Y in NG2 is unsafe, and I've been spoiled by the bota.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:35 pm

bodaaf wrote:Need to convince the wife to buy a Wii U. I'll only need to buy 2 games ever; NG3 and Bayonetta 2 :whistle2:
Is Metal Gear:R coming out for that as well? Or I guess you could always just get it for your 360.

Really hope they end up pissing off all the Nintendo fans and porting Bayo 2 after a year or so. I know M$ is never ever gonna let Halo go to any other system so I'm kinda stuck with them. :silly:

I love your new sig. :biggrin:

@Kazama - I think it's probably a bit of each. Razor's Edge would've had some bonuses / exclusive content- but not to the extent we're seeing now- if NG3 Vanilla was well-recieved. As I've said before, I don't want anything to do with that game, no matter what they do to it, if it still feels like NG3 combat underneath all the bells and whistles- but I hope people have fun, of course. I just didn't enjoy the style of game it was made to be.

The VF in NG2 is really under-rated IMO. So fast, so effective at delimbing. Really flashy, too. Just cycling the single X attack can maul ninjas a lot more effectively than you might think. Only major weakness IMO is the low damage output on non-delimbable enemies / bosses. (Or maybe it's not, I guess I'm just saying that it's a really FUN weapon compared to say, Tonfa ET bombing everything. :wink: )
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Yea MG, I was so pissed when I found out that alot of the VFs combos just have unreliable frame properties for no UTing big groups of IS ninjas.. I really like the move list.

The X counter is utterly beast, it almost always delimbs like 95%, and you can immedietly OT. I really liked the ->X combos. ->Y is beast as well..

Everybody likes the running x wong fei kick also. :p

The problem is that during my experiments, flails 360Y upon explosion brings you to full damage, not to guard break, which is just disappointing. I'm pretty positive it does anyways, that's why I abandoned it. That and a few other combos do the same thing, which is unfortunate.. It's why the talons are so nasty, because you can sit there and spam ->Y while kunai'd, you can apparently block out of the animation, or most of it.

So a reliable action that the talons would have vs the flails, as far as offense is, you're kunai'd, ->Y(delimb), (explosion, guardbreak, dash)-> OT
Where as, the flails, you'd have a kunai on you, and if you started to combo, if I remember correctly you can't guard break out of it, you just take full damage. I wish I was wrong, I really like the weapon. I may do more tests on it. :T

Yea i'll be curious about if they change the actual feel of the NG3 combat.. A while back , you saying the auto targetting was an issue pretty much had me stay clear of the game entirely, so I'll be interested in how it turns out.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:09 pm

Guillotine Throw if you're stuck with Kunai and noone's available to OT. I know some people find GT unreliable but it always worked really well for me.

I also want to say that there's some i-frames in the latter part of XXYY, but it's been a while, I could definitely be wrong.

There were a lot of little things in NG3 that just added up to make it feel bad to play, in my opinion. Targeting, response, moveset laden with recovery frames everywhere, bad enemy design, bad boss design, intrusive dumbass story, QTEs.... I swear it's like they intentionally tried to f*** up each individual element. :shrug:

(Mission Mode is better in a lot of ways but the controls/combat system still feel dodgy IMO. )

The notes I've seen that suggest they're trying to make Ryu more responsive/less recovery laden are encouraging, I suppose.

What I wonder is, since they're "going backwards" now and including all this stuff from NG1/2 that they removed in 3- is that what the team actually wants, do they see this all as improving their game? Or are they just begrudgingly doing it because the fans were outraged at NG3?

My point being... does Razor's Edge reflect an updated understanding on their part of what they should be doing with NG, or is this just a move to staunch the bleeding for now while they figure out ways to more successfully "Westernize" NG4, if you follow? I worry that the current Team Ninja does not have good creative leadership in terms of understanding what makes an action game fun to play. :deepthought:
magx
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by magx » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:59 pm

Murphy's Ghost wrote:
What I wonder is, since they're "going backwards" now and including all this stuff from NG1/2 that they removed in 3- is that what the team actually wants, do they see this all as improving their game? Or are they just begrudgingly doing it because the fans were outraged at NG3?

My point being... does Razor's Edge reflect an updated understanding on their part of what they should be doing with NG, or is this just a move to staunch the bleeding for now while they figure out ways to more successfully "Westernize" NG4, if you follow? I worry that the current Team Ninja does not have good creative leadership in terms of understanding what makes an action game fun to play. :deepthought:
I suspect that it is likely a mixture of both. I bet there was a good bit of a power struggle/creative difference between team members during the development of NG3. As strongly sure of himself as Hayashi seemed to be with respect to the "westernized" direction the game took, there HAD to have been some original NG devs still on the team that were dying inside wondering just wtf he was thinking. Hopefully those voices are now prevailing. As long as Hayashi can find a way to let them and still save face, we'll be ok :biggrin:
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:08 am

I'm really hoping that the original NG3 was an ill-fated executive decision behind the scenes or something.. That's wishful thinking though.

What Hayashi said in an interview about NG3 was something like, "We tried to cater to american gamers, and it didn't work", then I thought he basically said they're going to stick with what they were good at. .. Something about.. american hamburgers.. and .. japanese hamburgers..

?? ..

Well regardless, I would be willing to bet that if NG3RE does well for them, that would be more than enough motivation to continue in it's tracks, rather than going back to what caused them so much trouble, even if the creative motivation and vision isn't there.
magx
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by magx » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:51 am

Just sell the intellectual property rights to Valhalla and be done with it already!
bodaaf
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by bodaaf » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:56 am

I've always suspected that the dev team couldn't get all the razor's edge thing in the original NG3 due to time and budget. In the end I bet resources and experience were not sufficient to compensate for half of the team leaving ... Development was probably delayed while the release date was not allowed to be shifted; and out comes NG3 :deepthought:
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:38 am

That signature :laugh:

I don't think TN have any idea what they're doing in fact. Hayashi's direction has a lot to be desired for. The company's direction post Itagaki was/is more about making money and not catering for the existing fan base. They can say it any way they want to make it sound appealing, but we all know how NG3 turned out. It's nothing like the NG of old, when the game direction was lead by Itagaki. All the Itagaki games are good. NG,NGB and NG2. NG3 could literally be a different game if it didn't have Ryu Hayabusa in it.

I read comments here and there of people saying that NG3RE is "returning to it's NG roots". The hell? Do they even know what that means? All they are doing is adding in content from NG2, nothing new. If the franchise was returning to its original form we would see another game like NG or NGB...not NG3 with NG2 parts thrown back in......

Simple logic. TN know from all the feedback that NG3 was a complete flop. Make some money in the meantime and piss off some fans. Then give them what they ask for, but in the same time force them to buy another console? Again its about the money for them. Itagaki might have been a bit of an arrogant douche, but at least he knew how to make good NG games. I will wait to see what they do with the 360 and PS3 version of RE. I think they will make it available, but we will need to pay for it. No DLC. If they don't do anything at all about it i will never buy another TN game ever. I will play survival until my hands can't take it anymore.
magx
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by magx » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:59 am

Agreed. The core of NG3's design outside of combat is so far removed from what makes the first game great (and the second as well, to a lesser extent) that it needs a lot more of a redesign to make these changes really worthwhile.
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:35 pm

Master PG wrote:That signature :laugh:

I don't think TN have any idea what they're doing in fact. Hayashi's direction has a lot to be desired for. The company's direction post Itagaki was/is more about making money and not catering for the existing fan base. They can say it any way they want to make it sound appealing, but we all know how NG3 turned out. It's nothing like the NG of old, when the game direction was lead by Itagaki. All the Itagaki games are good. NG,NGB and NG2. NG3 could literally be a different game if it didn't have Ryu Hayabusa in it.

I read comments here and there of people saying that NG3RE is "returning to it's NG roots". The hell? Do they even know what that means? All they are doing is adding in content from NG2, nothing new. If the franchise was returning to its original form we would see another game like NG or NGB...not NG3 with NG2 parts thrown back in......

Simple logic. TN know from all the feedback that NG3 was a complete flop. Make some money in the meantime and piss off some fans. Then give them what they ask for, but in the same time force them to buy another console? Again its about the money for them. Itagaki might have been a bit of an arrogant douche, but at least he knew how to make good NG games. I will wait to see what they do with the 360 and PS3 version of RE. I think they will make it available, but we will need to pay for it. No DLC. If they don't do anything at all about it i will never buy another TN game ever. I will play survival until my hands can't take it anymore.

i completly dissagre , i think fans are to comfortable in their games so dont want any grow. ninja gaiden 3 its a ninja gaiden game .if most of people dont like it fine but dont come whit the bullshit that its not even a ninja gaiden game , i really dont know what game did you play , the only think that for me its sure it was not the same game.
so instend of relearned and apriciated as what it is ,everyone complains of how you cannot do what you use to do ,insted of see what can be done whit this new game . i know im the only one but getting tire of people complaining you dont like it fine shut it up becouse theres people that we enjoy it .
i see team ninja going in the right direction trying to change waht people dont like ,asuming their fault and trying to do it better.
o bullshit they are forcing us to purchase a new console shit thats not news i have a playstation for sigma versions of ninja gaiden just like a bunch of you.
so lets be inteligent and not just a bunch of pissed fan boys . if you dont like it fine leave it be and play what you like .
by the way this answer its not for PG i just used his post to get my idea out , i dont have anyrtouble whit people not liking the game , a have complain whit all the bitchin after 8 months , let it be jajajajaja
Luckrequired
Ninja Lucky Pants
Ninja Lucky Pants
Location: British Headquarters of The International Dojo of Ninjas

Post by Luckrequired » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:05 pm

I don't think TN have it in them to recreate what Itagaki achieved with NGB. So we'll have to accept whatever form NG comes in these days.

I agree somewhat with ST.

I don't think a patch for Xbox/PS3 users is that easy. If NG3:RE has been developed for specifically for WiiU then that code will need to be rewritten for PS3 and Xbox. Which will take more time and effort that Tecmo may not want TN wasting. I'm no techie so don't quote me on that.

I'm looking forward to buying a WiiU regardless of RE, it's got Bayo, Pikmin 3 and hopefully a WiiU edition of RE6 coming. And plenty of stuff we don't know about that could be awesome.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:06 pm

stqueirolo wrote: i dont have anyrtouble whit people not liking the game , a have complain whit all the bitchin after 8 months , let it be jajajajaja
You can't have it both ways.

People are free to express their opinions here so long as they're not attacking one another.

So if they didn't like the game, when the game is discussed, they're gonna talk about why. I'm sorry the conversation around NG3 is mostly negative when you like it, that IS a bummer. Most NG vets don't like NG2 that much compared to NGB, which I disagree with (NG2's my fave NG game) but that's OK- that's what they think and they have their reasons.

One thing I will say is that I play and enjoy a lot of different games. "Different" is OK. My problem with NG3 wasn't that it was different, it was that in my honest opinion the game sucked. So when it comes up, that's what I'm going to say. Should I lie? :silly:
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Master PG wrote:That signature :laugh:

Maan I didnt know you have the 6th sense :smile:. You just wrote everything I have in mind about this issue.

They just adding some basics things, which could be a patch or something.....its good but FAR from a real NG game.......just you guys wait until you play it.....the same B***S*** GAMEPLAY.... tell me about it when you play it because IAM NOT BUYING a new consule and therefore IAM NOT BUYING NG3:RE.
I'll buy the sigma-version which I almost sure that they will release it to the ps3 and xbox360 knowing how much HAYASHI loves recreating games on other consules, and also Iam pretty sure that Hayashi is not that stupid to forget about the fan-base in ps3 and xbox360.....he is just playing with us to squeeze some money, but sooner or later he will release it in ps3 and xbox360 Iam almost sure of it.

Thanx god that I just scratched NG2 and NGS....there are TONS of things I can still do with hundredes and hundredes hours of gameplay. So iam not in a hurry :eyebrow:
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:47 pm

Murphy's Ghost wrote:
stqueirolo wrote: i dont have anyrtouble whit people not liking the game , a have complain whit all the bitchin after 8 months , let it be jajajajaja
You can't have it both ways.

People are free to express their opinions here so long as they're not attacking one another.

So if they didn't like the game, when the game is discussed, they're gonna talk about why. I'm sorry the conversation around NG3 is mostly negative when you like it, that IS a bummer. Most NG vets don't like NG2 that much compared to NGB, which I disagree with (NG2's my fave NG game) but that's OK- that's what they think and they have their reasons.

One thing I will say is that I play and enjoy a lot of different games. "Different" is OK. My problem with NG3 wasn't that it was different, it was that in my honest opinion the game sucked. So when it comes up, that's what I'm going to say. Should I lie? :silly:

heard and noted :wave:
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:50 pm

I tend to agree with PG on this, but I'm not against playing a new NG, if it's at least on par with the sigmas in terms of polish.(Which is not very polished, but at least the auto-targetting is reliable)

I would rather TN listen to what people are saying, and just use NG2's engine/setup, add levels, challenges, weapons, or whatever, but don't mess with the core. This way you can at least retain the reliability of the core engine that made NG2 great, and we, as a fanbase, can have some sort of content that is related to quality gameplay that's actually new, in a sense. I would be fine with playing some frankenstein-esque ninja gaiden releases if it was just more expansion type stuff for the NG2 core and engine. (F that hurricane, I was saying NG3RE was franken-gaiden way before I knew about that bullshit.)

^ this is hopeful, but it's better when compared to the alternative. That being, TN ignoring fan responses, releasing trash, the series ends up failing, and we're stuck with playing survival, chapters 1,2, 11, and potmn 4 for the rest of our lives.

And regarding the series roots, Yeah, I wish more stuff like NGB could be released, but it would take quite a bit of care and knowledge/experience to be able to approach that level of balance. Honestly it wouldn't be that difficult if you played alot of NGB, but unfortunately I don't think developers and publishers really play enough games to understand that.

There was some video on gamespot a while ago, with them interviewing developers asking them if games were getting easier,everyone agreed, and it seemed like everyone had a tough time understanding 'why' that was, or how to fix it.

It just seemed like a bit of a joke to me. I'm sure you guys know, if any devs decided to ask any of the NGB vets, or any MN NG2 people for advice on a currently developed game, it would in general, turn out much more balanced than not. I just dont think they understand/care about it, and want to focus on how to make more money. Like is it that hard to understand hitboxes, and + and - frames on block and hit? It's all very basic fighting game stuff, and if they did about an hour of research on it, it would make perfect sense.
protekwow
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3

Post by protekwow » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:53 am

NGB/NGS was realy well balanced. NG2 was ok, i enjoyed it and never thought of it being cheap when it came down to the IS ninjas on MN. But There were some troubles already on NG2 in terms of balance. Comparing any of the previous StoryModes to NG3 cant be done since NG3 is way too bad for that. The enemy AI is complet crap, the level design boring and stupid, targeting is totaly broken (OT ready ninjas on the ground will mess up air combos, you cant properly OT in a mass of ninjas... ...), you cant play fancy you have to stick to that certain boring way to get through most of the missions (UN2 - not difficult by gameplay but you have to play cheap and safe to beat the lag i.e. takes like 3 windpath to get one working -_-). Most of the new enemies are totaly broken in their mechanics and combos.

The apes are stupid in their design from top to bottom its not understandable for me how they can implement an enemy type like this. Also readding vangelfs when all the revamped combos/weapons/fightingStyles dont even match this enemy in any way. How can it be that there is no other way to beat fiendgenshin than spamming one certain move with the scythe to be 100% sure you wont get hit, else you die. There is no balance in this game at all. Most of the trials are completly broken in difficulty where as NGB/NGS/NG2 MM was just awesome.

Regent of the mask has wayyyy too much hp, especialy when not absuing the claw/sword or the scythe loop. FiendRyu/Ryu are a good idea to bring them back but the way they fight is beyond horrible compared to NGS. So yea if you look at all the facts NG3 compared to other titles is just completly broken in every apsect. One of the more funny facts is that when you have a low framerate (thanks to no PC release) you are not able to slide as fast as you normaly would (which results in retarded deaths).

But even with so many disliking things. The idea of how they wanted to change the game in itself is not that bad, still its a joke to go back to the roots after failing so hard at something new and trying to make money with stuff that was there in previous games (and even more lol).

I would be realy mad if i had bought this game just for the story mode. The glitchy bugged laggy trials even with all their flaws tho make it an enjoyable game. In my opinion one should not badmouth ng3 too hard until they played almost all the trials.

And it is in no way a button masher game. One mistake, one wrong move and you are basicly dead on any of the UN trials (except UN3 -_-). ST and me are working our way through the trials. I enjoy and hate every day i play and learn something. I cannot emphasize enough how much more fun this game would be if more people from the forums would play with us online and were going for mission like UN5.

I will be getting myself RE on day1 and hope to meet some ninjas from the forums here! (I dont mind getting a WiiU for NG3RE since my only games for xbox and ps3 are NG2,NGS,NGS2,NG3 and RE6 :ninjacool:
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:24 am

Maan I didnt know you have the 6th sense :smile:. You just wrote everything I have in mind about this issue.
:awesome:

If they wanted to return to the games roots, then we would need a new game built from the ground up. Honestly, if TN say, actually hired some of us to playtest and have major input on the next NG game, it would be very likely to be a great game. The need to create a new game incorporating the best elements from the two best versions. NGB and NG2. NGB has the best level design, amazing attention to detail, very creative enemy design (beserkers for example), epic boss battles (who wasn't literally blown away the first time they fought Alma in the monastery). It has Ninja badass written all over it, and had replayability in the truckloads. NG2 has the weapons, the gore, the speed and intensity. Mesh the two games together and you have a winner.

NG3 is still NG3 underneath, even with the "Razors Edge". Of course i'm curious as to how it turns out, but i'm not holding my breath. Everything is just implemented so badly. I watched one of the UN trials where the guy has to fight multiple Regents. It was like 20 mins long, with Ryu just jump-sliding around the edges non stop until he could squeeze in a very short combo and repeat. How incredibly boring. The fact that you need to resort to those tactics to beat it is just ridiculous if you ask me. Maybe if they had health meters you could actually guage where the hell you were at.

It's not a button masher, BUT you do have to keep relying on the same bread and butter combo's to progress at a reasonable pace. You can't spice things up at all, if you do you get nailed over and over. After i finished MN and UN, i sold it. I gave it a few more chances, but still found myself returning to play NG2 (my favorite in the series). I got a measly $15 trade in for it :shock:

FFS Tecmo Koei, find Itagaki and pay the man whats required, redeem yourselves so we can enjoy NG again.