You did it again? Really? Another KR on Normal this time? Run complete (9,390,012)

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: November 18th 2012
reim0027
Administrator

Re: You did it again? Really? Another KR on Normal this time?

Post by reim0027 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:35 am

Nearly half a million better! I really wish they had enemy counters. Made things so much nicer.
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Post by julius-ruler4 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:21 am

Completed Day 6. Such a pain to farm. I only scored a merely 32k better becaise of those sliders. Edited OP for the scores.

Though only 32k more, it boosted me 507k ahead of my old score. Believe me, getting those extra points is such a pain on this Day. If only they were a bit more cooperative...
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:37 am

What was the hardest part?
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:56 am

The hardest part were farming those slider guys. Liz the bitch was so easy compared to farming them esses. Cannot really believe that I got more out of this day compared to my precious score. Even if it is just barely 32k
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:33 pm

Ok, so I started and completed Day 6A and no practice runs as I see where I previously missed some points. Though I missed some in this run I still feel confident about breaking 9mil.

I'll adjust the OP after I completed the dishes tonight
julius-ruler4

Re: You did it again? Really? Another KR on Normal this time? Run complete (9,390,012)

Post by julius-ruler4 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:13 pm

Ok, so the run is completed. I felt confident because I basically farmed around 125k from the goddess' her minions using meditation. What made me even more happy is that, though I didn't get the full 40k for time, I was able to break the barrier of 9 million. Even better was to get almost 9,4mil (9,988 points short of it, but hey, I'll take the score), by using the meditation bait.

I did rush things slightly, but I don't think I can improve my score a lot anymore. From my experience, it is possible to get an all out perfect run and get 9,5mil. There is approximately 200k I left behind but I'm not bothered to try and get it as I almost burned out on the run.

Here is what I lost on every Day:

Day 1: 6k
Day 2: 14k
Day 2A: 10k
Day 3: 20k
Day 4: 15k
Day 5: 30k
Day 6: 30k
Day 6A: 20k
Day 7: 30k
Day 8: 50k

Total lost: 215k

UPDATE: I think, if you get super cooperative AI then you can get 9,6mil. Though 9,39mil is already a WR on Normal difficulty. I might pass on Hard again to see if I cannot get more out of every Day. Though the odds of me doing it are slim, very very slim.

Reim, thanks for sticking to me for this run. LR, I pulled it off for you. 9 million

Screenshot is provided below:
Spoiler:
RE highscore.png
I am so happy the run is over.
Yours Faithfully
julius
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Luckrequired
Ninja Lucky Pants
Ninja Lucky Pants
Location: British Headquarters of The International Dojo of Ninjas

Re: You did it again? Really? Another KR on Normal this time? Run complete (9,390,012)

Post by Luckrequired » Thu May 24, 2018 11:39 pm

You awesome little badass! Congratulations on breaking that 9 mIl threshold! :thumb: :cheer:

So what now? Chill and bask in glory or push more and go for 9.6 mil?! :scratch:
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:31 am

Nice job. Now, do a UN KR!
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:08 am

Reim, I earned a break from RE, so a UN KR will have to wait.
LR, I will bask in glory instead of pushing on. Though only 215k less then ideal, I don't think someone else would be able to pull off what I did.

The original goal was to get 8,75mil. Knowing I was at one point 402k ahead changed my goal. I thought 9,25mil was a dream, but the dream came out as soon I got the final score of 9,39mil.

What helped me achieve it was sometimes the 360Y spam with the Scythe. Knowing your enemies is crucial to achieve such a score, their patterns, their SoB frequency, etc. All of it comes into play. Even knowing how many enemies have been killed into the previous encounter.

EDIT: To know your enemies, you have to look at their behaviour when you do certain attacks or certain techniques. It all plays a role in getting some vital points when doing such a full blow KR. You got also keep the kills in mind.
Each difficulty requires a certain amount of kills before getting a full UT.
Normal: 7 regular kills, 4 Van Gelfs, 4 Chimeras/Brutes
Hard: 8 regular kills, 4 Van Gelfs, 5 Chimeras/Brutes
Master Ninja: 9 regular kills, 5 Van Gelfs, 5 Chimeras/Brutes
Ultimate Ninja: 10 regular kills, 5 Van Gelfs, 6 Chimeras/Brutes

Enemies not giving full UT:
Dogs (kill them with charged UT)
insects (kill them with charged UT)
Jetpack aerial kills (kill with bow)
Zombies (use Falcons Talons to finish them with an OT)

Van Gelf = 2 regular enemies
Chimera/Brute = 1,8 regular enemies
Alchemist = 1 regular enemy

If you manage to get a bloody rage KM on 1,1 then kill insects with a charged UT for even more points (requires regular enemy to be SoB'd)

Sometimes in fights it only takes like 4 or 3 kills to get a full UT, this is the case if you do some fights in one single gauntlet before saving. How is this being reset, people wonder? It resets back to 0 every time you miss or hit a full UT on some enemies, or when dying or when reloading from a checkpoint. not dying or not reloading from a checkpoint will grant you even more points out of a single encounter. Day 1 is a perfect example of this specific aspect. Doing the fight after the Steel Spider Tank in one gauntlet without saving or dying will result in you getting a full UT after 3, 4, 5 or 6 kills as you killed 3 guys with a Ghost Kill and defeated the Steel Spider Tank. 3 for Normal, 4 for Hard, 5 for MN and 6 for UN. However, when you complete an encounter and it gives you a health and time bonus, then this also resets back to 0. Using a full UT resets the BRKM back to 1,0.

The BRKM can never go higher then 2,0 when you do not have a full UT, and not above 3,0 period. However, if you have a full UT at a BRKM of 1,0 then 2,0 is the maximum before it resets again to 1,0 after doing the full UT.

How to KR NG3:RE properly?

This is rather simple. To get a maximum score, you have to have played through the specific difficulty at least once and upgraded all your weapons by either using the CC or by doing a new game with the total karma available from previous runs. Scarab glitching is not the way to do it as it will not test your skills. To know how many enemies an encounter has, you have to write down the amount of enemies you have on every encounter on a piece of paper. Then look at the amount of enemies that there can be on the field at once and keep track of the amount you already killed before. When you are sure the enemies stopped spawning then release a full UT on the remaining enemies to get the maximum out of a specific fight. Also remember to make sure you gain a maximum amount of points out of every single type of enemies.

Which weapons to use?

Eclipse Scythe, Falcons Talons, Lunar Staff, Dual Katanas, all at level 3. This guarantees the biggest SoB-chain and has extended UT animations. The ES is mostly for chaining SoB and the 360Y against some bosses. For the RotM the ES counter attack is beast.

Which enemy to kill with which weapon?

Regular enemies with the ES. Chimera/Brutes/Zombies with the FT, use XXXXX or XXXYY to bait their SoB grab. When it delimbs a Brute, use the FT to OT the guy. Be sure to get close to a Chimera as its SoB grab has some good range. Sliders can be done with the ES by meditating to bait SoB or with the LS doing charged UT's. DK is only used as a full UT weapon since this has some insane range and does some serious damage with the extended wind slices.

Which Ninpo do I use?

Only one which is the True Inferno Ninpo. Since it kills every single enemy, that is not a boss, it is really useful against some alchemists and other enemies if you are in a bind. Though it takes the longest time to charge up, it is very good when you have to do meditation. Meditation cannot be done if your health is completely full.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:33 am

I've only done KRs on NGB, but they are all exhausting. Take a break.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sat May 26, 2018 12:43 pm

I am doing right now. I'm not sure whether I will do another KR on RE. These are literally nerve-racking.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun May 27, 2018 2:07 am

I think you should. You are good at them and seem to enjoy them.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Mon May 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Enjoy them, yes and no. No in a matter that not every enemy is as cooperative as I would love to and yes for the fact that I always keep putting new benchmark scores for the next guy to beat. And almost no one seems to try it.

And as you said I am pretty good at it, though not the best in the world. It would be insane to know where you can get some extra points.

And TBH, from what I've heard, UN is uber difficult. MN is a huge increase from Hard and I can confirm that.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:37 am

From what I remember, UN's difficulty is more cheap than hard.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:33 pm

Ok, a little note to everyone here. I checked some of my videos again and I can confirm that doing the quick death of the spider tank in Day 8 grants you nothing. So in my Normal run I did, instead of the quick death, I fought the spider tank and got 7,5k out of it. So for a KR, fight off the tank and not the quick death method as it will cost you valuable points
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:50 am

Waiting for your MN or UN KR.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Reim, I currently got caught up so much in GTAV that I barely play on the PS3 anymore.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:41 am

Ok. Have fun with GTA.