Enemy Behavior and funny particularities.

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: November 18th 2012
Sotherius
Pillbug
Pillbug

Enemy Behavior and funny particularities.

Post by Sotherius » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:08 am

So, i was practicing NG3RE, after having some frustrating momments with NG2.

And i was testing out some theory that i had for quite some time already...

You know the big, hulk-like chimeras? I've seen people calling them brutes, it is a fitting name, so i'm using it as well.

I noticed, that this enemy in specific, that before i would fighter by just having ut charges and abusing sob counters, has a quite nice particularity.

It seems to be specially weak against strikes on the back, i noticed after seeing so many times the very specific "ARGH MY BACK" type of animation that they do when you hit in the back. So i ran some tests for some minutes (about 30 to 40 minutes)

And i came to the conclusion that, yeah, they're weak in the back, but if they have super armor on (due to some move or something), it won't work, and they also avoid being in this situation in specific.

But, considering that you land those back strikes, the cool thing is that you get a really long guaranteed string (an entire combo string as far as i could tell, at least with Ayane), but also, you can keep him staggered, if you move quick enough to his back once he starts recovering and turning to you.

I'm also practicing against this enemy type in general, because i really want to be able to deal with them consistently without going into the more "cheap" stuff.

Maybe after some really long time of practice i can get to a really great level with this game, and i hope more people would like to achieve this as well.

So, do you guys know about any other particularities with enemies, on their behavior, etc? All i could find was exploits to get easy SoB's or to make enemies kill themselves. But i imagine that even with the lackluster enemy design of ng3re, there is still a lot to it.
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Enemy Behavior and funny particularities.

Post by Dark Hazuki » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:04 pm

"Argh, my back" animation...:lol:

Reminds me of the time I saw a dartboard fall on my friend's back. Shouldn't laugh, it looked painful, but... :laugh2:

Anyway, I started playing this game yesterday for the first time in absolutely ages. Once I'd blown away the dust and cobwebs, I started to get the hang of it again. I like the idea of this thread and will definitely contribute if I find anything noteworthy. I feel a session coming on. A ninja session. Better get the kettle on. :ninjacool:
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:51 pm

This applies to almost all enemies. You can guarantee a launcher on knocked down enemies if you delay your scoop by half a second. What I mean is usually when an enemy is not in a bloody state, any attempt to launch them with say like Forward T (dragon sword) will be auto dodged, but for some reason if you delay it, its guaranteed 100% of the time.
Sotherius
Pillbug
Pillbug

Post by Sotherius » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:33 am

Well, i'll put a few things that i knew for quite some time that aren't exactly new, but good notation.

-Commando Ninja Bazooka:

Probably everyone will notice that fairly quick, but this is one of the few pure ranged enemies that have a normal health (some of them), but also, they only will attack if they are in their designated spot. Good knowledge since you can use your crowd control options with a lot of characters to not have to worry with the shots while you can't focus on them.

-Alchemists:

This i learned watching a lot of NinjaZ' videos, but also some testing trying to fully understand what is going on. When alchemists have their "magic guard" and you break them, they stay a few momments (maybe one second or two i don't know), totally vulnerable for anything you do, but only for the first hit. Which makes more possible, but still difficult to launch them.

One thing that Ninjaz would do that is probably the most efficient way of doing it, is just breaking the "magic guard" with a Flying swallow, land, and use the "Foward Heavy" launcher.

I couldn't find a consistent way to do with ayane, but in general, the only launcher that she has that strikes on the first hit is her jumping heavy.

With Kasumi, is similar to what ryu does, but more tricky

Flying swallow to break the magic guard, but keep holding it on landing, then release, and cancel the charge attack with a Ukifune (the command grab), before the charge attack lands, she will do a successful grab.

Also, Ayane's flying swallow is the only that doesn't seem to always break that magic guard, odd.

Genshin:

Nothing very special here. But, Ayane can't launch Genshin...

I don't know the exact reason behind that, but ayane can't launch genshin, at all, not a single one of her launchers will work.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:33 pm

^
You can use Ayane's/Ryu's explosive dart/bow on the Alchemists to launch them over n over again to keep izuna dropping them by catching them in the air.