Not another Hard KR, Julius? Run complete (11,038,421)

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: November 18th 2012
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Re: Not another Hard KR, Julius?

Post by julius-ruler4 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:40 pm

I can indeed. For Day 2 Ayane and Day 3 I have gotten an extra 70k in total which puts me approximately 128k (127,966 to be precise) ahead of my previous run. For Day 2 there will be no video because the file went corrupt. I couldn't export it again Game Capture HD since I deleted the video from the program. You can always watch this video below on how I approached these fights and how many points I got out of it. That old video is just an example and imagine the scores are even 38k higher.

Again said if you want you can always ask questions on how I exactly do this kind of run and what you exactly need to do. Anyways you can contact me on Facebook or skype if you want in order to do a dual commentary. I simply answer the questions you ask and try to give a detailed explanation on how a KR like this on this game functions.

Video from the previous run is below:
I suggest this because I need a video to prove that the score I achieved yesterday on Day 2 is possible. I really cannot retry Day 2 since I know that will cause me to get this bug.

After this run I will do a KR on Hero mode to see how much points you can get. There are no ToV's available on Hero mode so I will get at least 200k less then on Normal or Hard.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:02 pm

Ok, here is another update on this run: I couldn't improve my highscore on Day 5 due to those BS Ninjas that are not tempted to do their red glowing attack. I mostly need to de-limb them or meditate bait the SoB.

I am however still 135k ahead of my previous run and I intent to keep it that way. I only need to be able to stay on par with my previous run, beat Fiend Genshin and I'll be able to get 10,75 million.

Julius
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:45 pm

Ninjas not cooperating? How strange . . . LOL.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:57 pm

Damn bug struck again and I really couldn't use that now. I am so pissed right now and I have to start all over again. At least now I can try to get even more points on Day 1 and even get a recording for Day 2. Really a bad timing for this.

Day 1: 965k is definitely possible, 970k is unlikely
Day 2: 1,25 million might be possible if I manage to bring down that second helicopter with a UT. I need to edit the OP to let people know how it went.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:11 am

UPDATE: Day 1 is completely "remastered" and done :yahoo: :yahoo: . Even with all the points available I start to think 970k is possible whereas 965k was definitely possible (got almost 968k on Day 1, came 185 points short).

Will start Day 2 and see how many s I can acquire this time. I just want to finish this run with 10,75 million.

Reim: I will give you my skype so we can do a Q&A on this Day. I can answer any question about this run.
Fiend Busa: if you read this then I know you the skills to beat this score.
Kage: thank you for showing al your stuff about this game
Everyone Else: thx for the support.

Now on to Day 2.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:36 am

Day 2 is completed and I have the video available. I literally destroyed Volf with the 360Y from the Scythe. BTW, thx Fiend Busa for showing that technique with the guard reset.

Watch the OP for the scores.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:54 pm

Have you uploaded the videos? What was causing the bug? I know my game freezes every time on Day 8 (during the annoying scene after Muramasa's where you are in the truck and shooting down jet packs and helicopters) if I have the KG equipped.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:57 pm

I don't know what causes the bug to appear once every time. The thing is that it comes as well when you restart the Day after completing it. This happened to me when I restarted Day 3 to get above 1.23 million to stay ahead of my old score.

BTW I have my skype back and we could do a Q&A about Day 1. How about it? I have nothing to do at the moment.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:04 pm

Sure, for a little bit. I'm not very interested in Karma in NG3, but I do like to follow your run.

EDIT: gotta go offline. Real life calls. Skype ID is reim0027.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:46 pm

added to my skype contacts
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:47 pm

OP has been edited. Day 4 is completed and I am proud to say that I am 155k ahead of my previous run. I am thrilled because I know how to approach Day 5 and those BS Ninjas. De-limb is guaranteed SoB.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:55 am

Day 5 is completed and I had only these three things to say: WTF, HOLY SHIT and WOOOOOW. I cannot believe I actually pulled this off even though I had to reload from a checkpoint or start from scratch. Quite amazing is this to score over 1 million on Day 5 by just using SoB and de-limb. :ninjacool: :ninjacool:

seriously? BRUH!!!! :kungfu: :kungfu:

editing OP for the scores.

currently 215k ahead of my previous run.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:50 pm

1 million? That sounds like a lot. Those ninjas must have cooperated for you . . .
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:19 pm

Indeed they did. De-limb is really the key of getting succes on Day 5 and getting close to de-limbed TAC Ninjas is also the key of getting SoB and a lot of points for the Full UT. I have some problems with my Day 5 video. I had to remove the audio from the file itself because it was not sync anymore with the video and I had some video issues as well. I had to add something so I chose to add some of my favorite audiotracks. The video itself has some parts cut out because my PC didn't properly export them and I already lost the raw file from my Game Capture HD program.

I really hate this from happening but it seems that the video is freezing at some points due to my antivirus pop-up message that I get every now and then. This cause my CPU to be completely loaded and I couldn't fix this.

I intent to start Day 6 soon and upload Day 1 video along with some SOLO commentary along. In the meanwhile I will see that this issue with my antivirus is solved by the time I start the commentary.

Yours Faithfully
Julius
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:13 pm

Day 6 is completed and WOW :surprise2: , this is truly a huge performance. I don't think there is much room for improvement, but seriously I scored 135k higher then last run. 956k is a serious score on Day 6 even though I messed up a few kills and a few SoB's. Edited the OP for the scores, check it out.

Currently 352,740 points ahead of my previous run, and I'm absolutely on fire. 11 million on Hard is definitely possible if I can stay on par with my previous run and defeat Fiend Genshin on Day 8 ToV. De-limb and meditation really helped me to get this score and the 360Y of the Scythe is absolutely beast-mode against those Van Gelfs.
julius-ruler4

Re: Not another Hard KR, Julius? Day 6 Ayane completed

Post by julius-ruler4 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:30 pm

Day 6 Ayane is done and I was so pleased that Fiend Busa gave me the trick to bait SoB without de-limb: meditation. I scored above 1 million on that day and the enemies were very cooperative. I think I could have done better with the ToV but I decided to take the score as I already let myself get killed twice by those BS Ninjas due to whiffed SoB's and I could have gotten 4,5k more on that one fight with 25 military terrorists.

Still I am more then pleased that it all turned out great for the total score on that day. 1+million is insane on the second Ayane-day.

I will soon start uploading the videos and I'll prepare my commentary as I will fall silent sometimes if I don't know what to say. I think I actually cancelled Genshin's first ninpo cast because I just looked to the video after I exported it and it is indeed cancelled due to my ninpo cast.

I'll start doing my commentary soon.

Yours Faithfully
Julius
julius-ruler4

Re: Not another Hard KR, Julius? Run complete (11,038,421)

Post by julius-ruler4 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:09 am

Day 8 is done and I'm pleased that it is all over now. After sweating so much on that damn bug (the one that causes your cleared bonus to be 0, which might occur on any moment) I finally completed the run.

I have something below here.
Spoiler:
NG3-RE Hard KR complete.png
I couldn't believe it when the run was over and my highscore is so hard secured, at least for a moment.
Thank you to the following persons for support, motivation, techniques and tricks and courage:
- Alhazard
- Dark Hazuki
- Bigalski
- Fiend Busa
- Kagerasimaru
- Reim0027
- and everyone else who read this thread here

Thank you all guys and please do compete with me to see: Who will be the next Hard guy?

That's all for this run. Seeya guys perhaps on a "Hero mode" Karma Run.

Yours Faithfully
Julius
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:53 am

Wow, you finished the run off fast. Nicely done. Any plans for more karma runs?
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:01 pm

Yes I do have some plans. I intent to do a karma run on "Hero Mode", where there are crystal skulls but you cannot do the ToV's. I think I can get at least 6,5 million on that mode and I cannot see why this would be bad considering I get an easy 1,5 million if the ToV's were available.

About my hard run, I think I missed 4 scarabs in total which is sufficient to get my highscore broken by the next guy. Still, in order to get 11 million you need to get at least the next amount of points on following days:
Day 1: 965k
Day 2: 1,2 million
Day 2A: 960k
Day 3: 1,23 million
Day 4: 935k
Day 5: 1 million
Day 6: 950k
Day 6A: 1 million
Day 7: 1,375 million
Day 8: 1,325 million
And get those scarabs I didn't take and you'll break my highscore

I will start a new thread about the "Hero Mode" karma run. But for now I think I earned a break from karma running on RE.

Seeya later fellow ninjas and Yours Faithfully
julius-ruler4
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:02 pm

Day 1 is up with some commentary. Thx for watching
julius
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:04 am

Cool. I'll watch it later.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:00 am

Nice job on Day 1. How did you get them to do so many SoB grabs? Every time I try to farm them, the enemies seem to stop doing them.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:07 pm

Well I had a hard time doing this as well. I mostly waited for the enemies to do their SoB-grab or baited this by meditation. In the next few videos (especially days 5 and 7) I allowed myself to get hit, with a bunch of ki available to use, to meditate and bait the SoB. While you are in the Grip-of-Murder challenge the enemies are way much more likely to do their SoB-grab.

De-limb on the BS Ninjas and Alchemists are quite useful too to get the SoB-grab. Be sure that the shields of every Alchemist you want to SoB on, is destroyed or they will be able to block your SoB attack.

For every enemy you need to know their patterns and their SoB-grab frequency. I tried to calculate the percentage of SoB-grabs they do on average. I came with the next results:

Regular brown/white terrorist: 85%
Pylon/shield soldiers: 70%
Dual sword guys: 75%
Pink imps: 50%
Van Gelfs: N/A (both types)
Dogs: N/A
Insects: N/A
Zombies: N/A
Chimera: 40%
Brutes: 50%
Spider dudes: 10%
BS Ninjas: 15%
TAC Ninjas: 15%
Mages: 15%
Sliders: 5%
Alchemists: de-limb: 100%, regular: 0%
Mini Regents: 0%
Epigonos: 40% with either JR or Scythe
Clone Ryu: N/A
Bosses: N/A except Goddess: 0% (happens on several critical moments where you can do SoB because it is part of the storyline)

off-topic: IceLord seems a very good Karma Runner. I actually want to challenge him to see if he can beat my highscore, since he holds the title of Master Ninja on NGB.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:53 pm

Day 2 is finally up and running guys. I had to cut out the audio and remove some clips. I will need a new PC.

Thanks in advance
julius
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:33 am

Need a new PC? One that can handle HD editing?