Opinions regarding this game

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: November 18th 2012
reim0027
Administrator

Re: Opinions regarding this game

Post by reim0027 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:38 pm

The DK are awesome in RE, maybe a little slower, but still powerful.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:18 am

Blade of the Archfiend and the Kusari-gama are both better in NG3RE, IMO. The Dragon Sword though, is the best in NG2.
Hicho9
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Hicho9 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:27 pm

i agree with alot of the points made. Overall, RE now has my favorite combat of all the NG games (although I prefer the feel of OTs in NG2 for some reason and it still sucks that there is no playable True Dragon Sword).

It's primary weakness is still just the mediocre uninspired level design carried over from NG3. RE is very much under-appreciated though by the gaming community at large. I am super excited for NG4 because of it.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:32 am

I got the game, played only a few minutes on normal campaign and get to Doku in ToV1.
The slide feels bad, the moves have a lot of recovery, which encourages to shuriken cancel a lot (I think). Mecha spider boss sucks. Enemy design sucks. UT's are good, I like they don't last forever like NG2. I think I haven't understood how to perform sob, is it just triangle? The enemies don't want to die, and it's on normal. They just run at you and stop a the same distance everytime, the AI has a very bad feel. The attacks by Ryu have slow startup, but you still have shurikens and slide. S+X is damn hard to perform, and most of time the game register just Square. Why I have to pay to perform a windpath? Not that it seems useful like in the past NG's. SST combo is slow, and it's not a guaranteed delimb.

The result is that I just run away from enemies charging ut's, sometimes releasing a charge T attack, which delimbs if I'm lucky. This game doesn't give Ruy the deadly attack power and speed of NG2 nor the mobility and responsiveness of NGB, it just wants you to coward everything and charge ut's, do sob's. All these things were pretty evident by video footage, but when I played they felt worst than in the videos.

Of course, my rants doesn't differ from the majotiy oj comments I read on the internet about this game. I just played it a few minutes, I shoudn't get to the conclusion so fast. There is a thing I like a lot in this game: it looks like a challenging one, the enemies hurt you a lot, even on normal difficulty. I'll try to clear it on MN and then I'll try the mission mode. Oh, wait a sec: is the mission mode dlc? Please tell me it's just unlockable...

BTW: I want to play some Dead Space first...
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:13 pm

I disagree. Ryu is a total badass in this game. All the weapons are powerful. But, you have to play differently than NG2 and NGB. That is where the issue comes from. If you've only played for a few minutes, then you really don't understand the mechanics, and are defaulting back to what you know from NG2 and NGB.

Hell, I consistently rack up 50+ hit combos with the KG. I'm not a combo player either, but the weapons are so viable that it is easier to do this.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:32 pm

Yes Reim, I will play the game and discover what it has to offer, I'm curious. But I wanted to express my feelings about my first minutes of gameplay, because there are a lot of things that, at first glance, looks like a lot of steps back into gameplay evolution for this serie, and that worried me. As soon as I complet Dead Space on the hardest setting I'll start playing RE, and hopefully go deep into the gameplay.
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:01 pm

Ninja Noob wrote:Of course, my rants doesn't differ from the majotiy oj comments I read on the internet about this game. I just played it a few minutes, I shoudn't get to the conclusion so fast. There is a thing I like a lot in this game: it looks like a challenging one, the enemies hurt you a lot, even on normal difficulty. I'll try to clear it on MN and then I'll try the mission mode. Oh, wait a sec: is the mission mode dlc? Please tell me it's just unlockable...
Well RE isn't by any means an 'easy' game but more than challenging I'd say that it's frustrating, especially in harder difficulties.
reim0027 wrote:But, you have to play differently than NG2 and NGB. That is where the issue comes from. If you've only played for a few minutes, then you really don't understand the mechanics, and are defaulting back to what you know from NG2 and NGB.
This is true, although for me every NG has kind of a different approach to it. In RE's case is just more apparent given how some mechanics work.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:05 pm

Ninja Noob wrote:Yes Reim, I will play the game and discover what it has to offer, I'm curious. But I wanted to express my feelings about my first minutes of gameplay, because there are a lot of things that, at first glance, looks like a lot of steps back into gameplay evolution for this serie, and that worried me. As soon as I complet Dead Space on the hardest setting I'll start playing RE, and hopefully go deep into the gameplay.
Good to hear it. I can understand first impressions. I hated this game at first (like most games I play, LOL). Once I "figured it out", this game started to kick ass.

If you are on PS3, hopefully we can hook up for the trials. :thumb:
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:09 am

Yes man, as soon as I start playing the game seriously, I'll add you and Hazuki. But hey, don't expect high level :D
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:18 am

Actually, Ryu is probably more of a combo machine in this game than in any of the previous games. The way the moveset is laid out is very different from previous games so it takes time to get used to the way he handles in this game.

That said, I still think the combat in NGB and NG2 is more fluid than combat in this game, but in terms of pure combo potential NG3RE Ryu is the best.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:54 am

Yes, I watched some cool combo footage on this game, my complaint was on the speed of the attacks, and the facts that bread and butter XXY combo looks not very efficient (maybe it's just very good), but don't worry, I'll be glad to play RE, just let me rant a bit like your average gamer fanboy :smile:
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:56 pm

Fuck Dead Space, want some ninja action.
My PSN name is Dark_Blood_NG
I'm adding you guys. Every ninja who wants can add me.
Edit: Reim and Hazuki added!
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:14 pm

Cool. I'll look for you when I'm on tonight. I'm GMT - 6:00 (so 9:15am for me).
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:19 pm

I think I'll being sleeping :D
How I unlock Ninja Trials?
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:12 pm

Beat Story Mode? Or is it a DLC? It has been too long. TBH, I don't remember.
Kagerasimaru
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Post by Kagerasimaru » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:35 am

Beat Day 2 to unlock ninja trials and have only access to noob ninja, beat day 2 Ayane to use her as a character, beat day 5 to have Momiji playable, beat the game to unlock ryu and kasumi for trials.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:17 am

LOL what is "noob ninja"? Damn Hayashi, I have copyright!!! :D
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:25 am

reim0027 wrote:Cool. I'll look for you when I'm on tonight. I'm GMT - 6:00 (so 9:15am for me).
Sorry, I was wrong with my calculations, I think I'll be playing the game at that time. BTW I think it's better if I practice a lot more before I start mp sessions.
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Post by julius-ruler4 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:51 am

Clan battles would be great on PSN, been doing some lately and I've improved a lot since my last battle against Reim.

Still bad how other scythe guys keep spamming the 360Y, they just make it impossible to breach their defence and they only know that move.
I can't remember when but in a clan battle against 4 people, I killed every single one of them by a SoB that they couldn't repel. Man, sometimes the scythe is completely broken for SoB, but the KG in trials and clan battle still rocks.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:47 pm

Noob ninja is a base ninja that you upgrade from karma from the trials/clan battles.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:49 am

So I beat normal story mode, did most of the tovs but missed two or three of 'em. On normal, the game is very mashy once you upgrade Lunar and Scythe. I just skipped hard and I'm on master ninja tov1, the game is much more challenging and I lke this. Just, the checkpoint system is so stupid, it doesn't punish you at all, let you repeat any single encounter until you beat it. Not that I didn't exploited save statues in NG2, but there where some challenging gauntlet in which you couldn't do it, it had a much better balance, and you coul'd soften the difficulty by managing your items. I worked so much better.

The last boss was crap. I'm not pissed that much by the fact it requires an annoying tactic, but at least let me fight a good looking, badass boss. I think any NG last boss shoul'd be humanoid like in NGB, and it's a pity NG2 had those crappy, uninspired pushovers at the end.

So far, I liked the tov's and Ayane, she is just omnipotent. With my big disappointment, I didn't like the dragon sword/jinran maru/bota. The dual katanas are much more interesting. Still, I use the sword for some boss fights, it works very well. The lunar is the actual dragonsword of the game, with combos that goes from a delimb directly into OT or UT. The Scythe has the best SoB attack plus the infamous 360 attacks.

More impressions after I beat MN.
Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:45 am

In my experience if you can do MN, you can do UM in this game (not that it was ever a question for you of course).
The last boss sucks even more on MN and UM then on normal, and not just because of her looks.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:51 am

Since most guys says UN is very badly designed and that the trials are much better than the story campaign, I plan to clear MN story once with all tov's and then go straight to trials. Unless I end up appreciating story mode on MN, which is still a possibility.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:26 pm

Would recommend upgrading the Scythe for your MN run. You can generate loads of karma for other upgrades and build a decent score. Getting the max multiplier for the grip of murder scenes is easy 3.0 and Max Karma by chaining the Steel on Bone technique. It also destroys Bosses like the Regent and Prototype Goddess/s. If you did the Hard run first the weapons carry over, although they are on level 1 from the get go.

UN is much much harder than MN, make no mistake about that. It can be done though, even without Scythe spam. No scarab glitching either!
meyerpark00
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by meyerpark00 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:00 pm

Ninja Noob, also the trials are very easy in NG3:RE. Did 5 UN trials within 1 day. You don't need to do all, just do 5 UN, 15 MN, all Acolyte, Mentor and Leader trials for the some headgear and armlets. Also within your Clan Battles, you'll need 5 Betrayals, 5 Battle Royale wins and 5 Leader Kills. On how you unlock skills, moves and items are bought through Ninja Skills menu which I think is better than free unlock.

Also be sure to do Karma Glitch if you want, it's very useful and helps you get through quick. You'll buy everything in Ninja Skills in no time and for unknown ninja after you beat story once with plenty Karma Points from glitch.