Opinions regarding this game

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: November 18th 2012
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker
Posts: 805
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Re: Opinions regarding this game

Post by Ninja Noob » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:22 pm

Puregrunt wrote:Would recommend upgrading the Scythe for your MN run. You can generate loads of karma for other upgrades and build a decent score. Getting the max multiplier for the grip of murder scenes is easy 3.0 and Max Karma by chaining the Steel on Bone technique
Yes, it was actually my plan, even if I don't like using the scythe that much, but in this game there are some section that are clearly designed to chain SoB's, and the Scythe is just the best at it. I don't know how the karma multiplier works, though. There are just some sections in which enemies do red attacks very frequently, so I equip the scythe, do SoB's and after the fight I have a lot of essence. In any other case I just charge ut's if possible, otherwise I try to hit enemies with short combos hoping for a delimb, or in extreme circumstances I use the scythe 360's attack.

Anyways, thanks for your support, it's so great when the best players like you and the other great guys here bother helping the casuls, it doesn't happen everywhere, trust me. This is a great place to stay for a gamer, thanks to you guys.

Back on topic, I don't think UN is easy, but most of you guys say it's not funny so I'll avoid it and go straight to trials, unless I really appreciate MN story mode. So far, even if I still don't like the mechanics of the game itself, I like that it's hard and enemies can kill me in two hits, it just forces me to stay focused and develope a decent strategy. Such a pity that the checkpoints are so generous.
meyerpark00 wrote:Ninja Noob, also the trials are very easy in NG3:RE. Did 5 UN trials within 1 day. You don't need to do all, just do 5 UN, 15 MN, all Acolyte, Mentor and Leader trials for the some headgear and armlets. Also within your Clan Battles, you'll need 5 Betrayals, 5 Battle Royale wins and 5 Leader Kills. On how you unlock skills, moves and items are bought through Ninja Skills menu which I think is better than free unlock.

Also be sure to do Karma Glitch if you want, it's very useful and helps you get through quick. You'll buy everything in Ninja Skills in no time and for unknown ninja after you beat story once with plenty Karma Points from glitch.
Thanks for your post, man, this will be useful. But I won't do karma glitch 'cause I like to work for my upgrades. I'm happy to hear that the armlets are coming back into the serie. Off topic: If you didn't live so far from me, I woul'd have be happy to play some Street Fighter matches.
meyerpark00
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:13 pm

Re: Opinions regarding this game

Post by meyerpark00 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:29 pm

Do you play Street Fighter on PSN or. I'm US so we should be good if you there.
User avatar
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:19 am

Re: Opinions regarding this game

Post by H.Smoke » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:06 pm

Ninja Noob wrote:The last boss was crap. I'm not pissed that much by the fact it requires an annoying tactic, but at least let me fight a good looking, badass boss. I think any NG last boss shoul'd be humanoid like in NGB, and it's a pity NG2 had those crappy, uninspired pushovers at the end.
I really like the true form of the Archfiend. Watching him fly around and stare at you as he spammed hell and back with meteors was pretty badass. It was lame that when he is in the ground he just walks though. Anyway I like the feeling of that bossfight.

As for RE in harder difficulties for me is just abusing SoB. Trying to vary your gameplay in MN was asking for death since enemies hit really hard and they block and evade a ton... Hell, wind paths hardly stun them so SoB is the safest way to go. I stopped playing MN in Day 3 because it wasn't fun, it was tedious. Good luck to you and I hope you finish it, although I remember the last boss and I can't help but think how rage inducing will be in MN.

Also regarding the checkpoints I think they are justified since you're bound to die a lot in this game and since there are no items it kinds of compensate for that.
User avatar
reim0027
Administrator
Posts: 4699
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Opinions regarding this game

Post by reim0027 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 am

Meyer - the trials are easy? Did 5 UN trials in 1 day? I don't believe that for a second. UN trials are brutal, and downright cheap. And, you need a good partner to beat them (unless you are freakishly skilled). And, please don't be encouraging people here to exploit the game by glitching.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker
Posts: 805
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Re: Opinions regarding this game

Post by Ninja Noob » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:06 am

H.Smoke wrote:Also regarding the checkpoints I think they are justified since you're bound to die a lot in this game and since there are no items it kinds of compensate for that
Yes, that's the way the game is balanced, but I think that save statues plus items it's a better way to balance it, if the level design is done properly. In NG2 you coul'd exploit them in the first chapter, I love how it is designed, but later on they will just force you to fight longer gauntlet, playing 100% all the time and managing the items and ninpo. When I played easier games in the past, I just didn't understand some design choices, but playing NG games on the hardest setting and comparing them each other is giving me a better understanding of how a game designer actually think when balaincing a game (maybe :smile: )

Actually the game feels somewhat cheap. There are some straightforward sections, in which it's pretty clear what to do. Then come some nasty wave, you struggle on it, and when you avercome it it comes a nastier horde and you die in a second. I'm on Tov1, I learn how to deal with the first two hordes. Then: fight mages and vangelfs, noob!!! Sometimes I just feel bored charging ut's or waiting for sob's, and try to incorporate some no ut's play, and I'm learning the patterns of the bigger guys, it's not that bad. It just feels a lot weired to do, because the always block after the second combo hit. The "medusas" are more fun to fight no ut's, they block less, and are far less intimidating than NG2 gajas.

But I like it. I'll just shout a big f**k you when I complete this tov, and a bigger one when I complete the whole campaign.

Meyer: I live in Europe, dunno if we can have some decent matches, also I don't have the game and the fight stick anymore cause didn't find opponent to fight against anymore. If you were closer, I coul'd consider to buy the game and learn to play with the pad.
Last edited by Ninja Noob on Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: Opinions regarding this game

Post by Fiend Busa » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:09 am

reim0027 wrote:Meyer - the trials are easy? Did 5 UN trials in 1 day? I don't believe that for a second. UN trials are brutal, and downright cheap. And, you need a good partner to beat them (unless you are freakishly skilled). And, please don't be encouraging people here to exploit the game by glitching.
If he was talking about UN trials with scythe then yes, they gradually become very very easy once you understand how the game works. Lik near the start of NGRE I thought UN9 was insane and impossible but now I can do like 10 completes of it within an hour if I have a good partner.

Without scythe/lunar the UN trials are pretty are aside from 1-4 and 6

The UN trials are retarded anyway + bugs....sheesh xD
User avatar
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: Opinions regarding this game

Post by Fiend Busa » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am

Ninja Noob wrote:
H.Smoke wrote:Also regarding the checkpoints I think they are justified since you're bound to die a lot in this game and since there are no items it kinds of compensate for that
Yes, that's the way the game is balanced, but I think that save statues plus items it's a better way to balance it, if the level design is done properly. In NG2 you coul'd exploit them in the first chapter, I love how it is designed, but later on they will just force you to fight longer gauntlet, playing 100% all the time and managing the items and ninpo. When I played easier games in the past, I just didn't understand some design choices, but playing NG games on the hardest setting and comparing them each other is giving me a better understanding of how a game designer actually think when balaincing a game (maybe :smile: )

Actually the game feels somewhat cheap. There are some straightforward sections, in which it's pretty clear what to do. Then come some nasty wave, you struggle on it, and when you avercome it it comes a nastier horde and you die in a second. I'm on Tov1, I learn how to deal with the first two hordes. Then: fight mages and vangelfs, noob!!! Sometimes I just feel bored charging ut's or waiting for sob's, and try to incorporate some no ut's play, and I'm learning the patterns of the bigger guys, it's not that bad. It just feels a lot weired to do, because the always block after the second combo hit. The "medusas" are more fun to fight no ut's, they block less, and are far less intimidating than NG2 gajas.

But I like it. I'll just shout a big f**k you when I complete this tov, and a bigger one when I complete the whole campaign.

Meyer: I live in Europe, dunno if we can have some decent matches, also I don't have the game and the fight stick anymore cause didn't find opponent to fight against anymore. If you were closer, I coul'd consider to buy the game and learn to play with the pad.
Do you play on ps3? If yes, we should play together sometimes! My friend list is starting to dwindle down, everyone is moving onto other games lol xD
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker
Posts: 805
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Re: Opinions regarding this game

Post by Ninja Noob » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:17 am

Of course, mate, but I think I shoul'd get a little bit better before we play, I'm still playing MN campaign. Here's my gamer tag:

Dark_Blood_NG

Feel free to add me, same for everyone here.

Edit: of course it'll just be a try, since we live so far and maybe it will be unplayable, as I said to Meyer, but since I have the game, it won't cost anything to try.
User avatar
reim0027
Administrator
Posts: 4699
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Opinions regarding this game

Post by reim0027 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:21 pm

Of course, once you get crazy skills, the UN trials become easy. But, for the average good NG player, they are NOT easy at all.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker
Posts: 805
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Re: Opinions regarding this game

Post by Ninja Noob » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:28 pm

Guys, do you like if I open my own thread to post progress like in NG2 board, or you prefere I use this existing thread?
User avatar
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2587
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:00 pm
Location: Hampshire. UK.

Re: Opinions regarding this game

Post by Dark Hazuki » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:52 pm

I think starting a new thread would be best. :thumb:
meyerpark00
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:13 pm

Re: Opinions regarding this game

Post by meyerpark00 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:07 pm

Probably because I was used to 360 scythe lol. I did UN 1-5 double scythe within 1 day tbh. UN1 1st try, UN2 1st try, UN3 in like 3 tries, UN4 was more annoying for the time did in over 5 tries, UN5 like 3rd try. Trying to speed NG3:RE abit.
User avatar
protekwow
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: Opinions regarding this game

Post by protekwow » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:39 am

Wish i had played more NG3:RE :( I still love NG3 (even tho many hate it). I just cant get into NG3:RE, too busy IRL.

I hope i can play properly again if NG4 hits. I realy miss those NinjaTrials with st_gaiden and other awesome players. ST our UN5 ng3 run was the best!^^
Post Reply