Strats for Liz on Trials?

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: November 18th 2012
Post Reply
User avatar
reim0027
Administrator
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Strats for Liz on Trials?

Post by reim0027 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:46 am

So, I can take down every other boss without too much trouble (for the most part). But Liz, aka the "Bitch", I have big problems with (doing consistently). With her, you can't spam 360T or she'll eventually get you between the i-frames. I know to stay near her. I don't have the reflexes to start a 360T when she attacks (I'm working on that strat with Volf). Her attacks seem so random. She's the only Trial boss who I haven't found a good pattern with.
User avatar
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Posts: 866
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:48 pm
Location: In the Lords presence
Contact:

Re: Strats for Liz on Trials?

Post by julius-ruler4 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:57 am

IIRC I took her down in my last KR on Hard with the FT. I believe you can do a 360Y with it without jumping into the air. I do recommend the Scythe for this. When she does her dash attack she is vulnerable for the XXYY combo.

I hope this helps
User avatar
protekwow
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: Strats for Liz on Trials?

Post by protekwow » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:49 am

reim0027 wrote:So, I can take down every other boss without too much trouble (for the most part). But Liz, aka the "Bitch", I have big problems with (doing consistently). With her, you can't spam 360T or she'll eventually get you between the i-frames. I know to stay near her. I don't have the reflexes to start a 360T when she attacks (I'm working on that strat with Volf). Her attacks seem so random. She's the only Trial boss who I haven't found a good pattern with.
has been a while since i last visited the forum, busy life busy with other games :(

I hope this helps you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35gwKKvCE_8

its safe but alot slower compared to the close ranged strat. But you cannot fail on this one. I am not good at RE since i stopped playing right after release but my way should work for you. I myself always did the safest and easiest way to get through the trials^^

When she comes down next to you not doing anything (kind of stunned) then you can get 360y's in until she dashes away. (for even safer just do one 360y and get away).
Dont block when running circles for faster 360y input (this can also be applied to the close range strat).
User avatar
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: Strats for Liz on Trials?

Post by Fiend Busa » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:34 pm

Well you could always loop her, works with all weapons

4:21 to see how to do the loop
When her punch breaks your guard repush L1 then dash her tail smash n repeat, after he tail smash you have an opening to attack and if you have good timing you can attack her once at the exact same time that she punches you.

so for scythe you would do, punch punch guardbreak(repush L1), dash tail, 360T and repeat till dead
[youtube]
[/youtube]
User avatar
reim0027
Administrator
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Strats for Liz on Trials?

Post by reim0027 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:34 am

Thanks. I'll watch it and give it a try.

EDIT: why repush L1? Why not dash into a 360T?

Also, what are some other good times to hit (or not hit her)?
User avatar
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: Strats for Liz on Trials?

Post by Fiend Busa » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:53 am

reim0027 wrote:Thanks. I'll watch it and give it a try.

EDIT: why repush L1? Why not dash into a 360T?

Also, what are some other good times to hit (or not hit her)?
cuz resetting your guard is what causes the loop, after tail whip good and during her first punch is only time she is opened to attack, any other and she will break out the loop

your partner can attack her from behind during her punch punch tail whip
User avatar
reim0027
Administrator
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Strats for Liz on Trials?

Post by reim0027 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:06 am

Yeah, I tried that. Not going to happen. Not for a while. I need to get a better understanding of her broken AI before I try that. Otherwise, she just slaughters me with double FS and tail grabs.

Any tips on her AI? Like cues to her attacks, or times when it is safe to attack?
User avatar
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: Strats for Liz on Trials?

Post by Fiend Busa » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:07 pm

reim0027 wrote:Yeah, I tried that. Not going to happen. Not for a while. I need to get a better understanding of her broken AI before I try that. Otherwise, she just slaughters me with double FS and tail grabs.

Any tips on her AI? Like cues to her attacks, or times when it is safe to attack?
when she spins she will do an attack, then there will be about a 1 second delay before her next attack

I tend to look at her arms to see when she is going to attack and then I attack at the same time while holding block

to avoid her grab you need to dash before she attacks or dash at the exact same time she is grabbing

if she is on the ground and you are running to her you have 2 options, you either jump to her and get fucked by a grab lol, or you run to her and she dashes and you slide jump windpath jump (if she does the claw move after the windpath jump do bow and shurkien in the air)
User avatar
reim0027
Administrator
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Strats for Liz on Trials?

Post by reim0027 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:17 am

How do you attack at the same time while holding block?
User avatar
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: Strats for Liz on Trials?

Post by Fiend Busa » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:45 am

reim0027 wrote:How do you attack at the same time while holding block?
press S or T then hold block
User avatar
reim0027
Administrator
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Strats for Liz on Trials?

Post by reim0027 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:17 pm

Ok. I thought you had a new way to hold block, then initiate an attack.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Re: Strats for Liz on Trials?

Post by Ninja Noob » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:01 am

I'm stuck in MN day 6 tov because of Liz, from several days (LOL). If I was using the Scythe I coul'd beat her, taking damage, but I coul'd beat the tov. But I'm using the Sword, I also have all my health upgrade at disposal to heal, and even with all that health I can't beat her.

I can avoid all the attacks she does from distance, but can't punish them. Sometimes she does her dash attack, I dodge it, press square and Ryu atuodashes and attack her, other times he just slashes trhough the air without autodashing. I did not completely understood this autodash attack mechanic in this game, frankly, it's so odd.

Up close, I can punish her when she does punch punch punch tail. I block the three punches with guard resets and dodge the tail, it works almost always. I still can't enter his loop tough. When she does three tail attacks, I actually reset block the first two, then dodge the third and still can't hit her, and always get punished. Her claws attack, sometimes I manage to dodge it, other times I get hit, but even if I dodge and try to hit her she goes into dodge/i-frames motion and fucks me.

Then the throws: one is readable because she raises her arm before she does. The other is just broken unreadable, she does it when you are close and she does not warn you in any way. Still I enjoy fighting her, but I'd like to discover how to consistently punish their attacks.

And I still have to learn how to fight Alexey, Fiend Genshin and maybe other guys that don't come in mind...

When you watch videos it look so easy but actually NG3 bosses are a pain.
User avatar
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: Strats for Liz on Trials?

Post by Fiend Busa » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:03 pm

Ninja Noob wrote:I'm stuck in MN day 6 tov because of Liz, from several days (LOL). If I was using the Scythe I coul'd beat her, taking damage, but I coul'd beat the tov. But I'm using the Sword, I also have all my health upgrade at disposal to heal, and even with all that health I can't beat her.

I can avoid all the attacks she does from distance, but can't punish them. Sometimes she does her dash attack, I dodge it, press square and Ryu atuodashes and attack her, other times he just slashes trhough the air without autodashing. I did not completely understood this autodash attack mechanic in this game, frankly, it's so odd.

Up close, I can punish her when she does punch punch punch tail. I block the three punches with guard resets and dodge the tail, it works almost always. I still can't enter his loop tough. When she does three tail attacks, I actually reset block the first two, then dodge the third and still can't hit her, and always get punished. Her claws attack, sometimes I manage to dodge it, other times I get hit, but even if I dodge and try to hit her she goes into dodge/i-frames motion and fucks me.

Then the throws: one is readable because she raises her arm before she does. The other is just broken unreadable, she does it when you are close and she does not warn you in any way. Still I enjoy fighting her, but I'd like to discover how to consistently punish their attacks.

And I still have to learn how to fight Alexey, Fiend Genshin and maybe other guys that don't come in mind...

For her 3 tail smash if you do reset, reset, dodge she won't always have a recovery to attack. Its random, she will either enter her recovery from her third tail smash or just dash right away and start a new attack

When you watch videos it look so easy but actually NG3 bosses are a pain.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Re: Strats for Liz on Trials?

Post by Ninja Noob » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:41 pm

Man why did you just quoted the message without adding any reply?
User avatar
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: Strats for Liz on Trials?

Post by Fiend Busa » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:54 pm

Ninja Noob wrote:Man why did you just quoted the message without adding any reply?
I did, its in the quote and idk why that happened
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Re: Strats for Liz on Trials?

Post by Ninja Noob » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:21 pm

Ah ok, so you said recovery after three tail smashes is random, sometimes I can punish, other times not. I noticed that some attacks have random recovery, it encourages a lot to learn the loops. Are there missions that let's you practice bosses on MN/UN difficulty? I think bosses on mentor trials are easier.
User avatar
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: Strats for Liz on Trials?

Post by Fiend Busa » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:46 pm

Ninja Noob wrote:Ah ok, so you said recovery after three tail smashes is random, sometimes I can punish, other times not. I noticed that some attacks have random recovery, it encourages a lot to learn the loops. Are there missions that let's you practice bosses on MN/UN difficulty? I think bosses on mentor trials are easier.
I would just practice Liz in NGS2 on chapter 17. If you are good with Liz in that version then, the one in NGRE will become a joke. They are 99.9% the same thing. The only difference being that in NGRE she is more open to attacks and is easier to kill.

For tactics the only difference is in NGS2 if you went under liz while she was in the air, she would come down instantly (does not work in NGRE)

In NGRE they added back the counter move for her dash (Not in NGS2 but in NG2)
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Re: Strats for Liz on Trials?

Post by Ninja Noob » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:42 pm

Don't have Sigma2 but I'll watch some videos, thanks bro :thumb:
Post Reply