PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: November 18th 2012
MuffinMan123
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

tell me how to play this game

Post by MuffinMan123 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:38 pm

dodging is pointless. dodging after a guardbreak is free damage for them
onlanding izuna drop and onlanding dctf 360T don't work

a whiffed izuna drop brings ryu to a ground combo that leaves him wide open, free damage

mario jump only opens the enemy for a ground combo, but not izuna drop

people tell me dodge shuriken is the new dodge mario jump, but you can't even block right after you do a shuriken, so it only knocks back 1 guy, but it's still free damage for the other guy.

right now I can't seem to play the game other than running around spamming SOB because it's the only way to get HP fast enough to offset the damage I take from the bullshit dodges.

I am only on hard mode past the white girl god boss, and I really hate that dinosaur/chopper fight, I can't imagine what it will be like to do those on ultimate ninja.
ShreddyBobby
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Re: tell me how to play this game

Post by ShreddyBobby » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:03 pm

I've read that chaining SoB is the key to the combat in this game. I've only played the demo though, so don't actually take that as advice.
RebornLS
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by RebornLS » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:48 pm

here are a few

a.) As you begin a combo press and hold [SLIDE/BLOCK]. That way, if another enemy attacks while you are mid-combo during a non-iframe it ALWAYS autoblocks the incoming attack. You cannot block throws, so remember that.
b.) In NGII when things became intense you would hold the thumbstick in a direction and tap dodge/block to move around;in NG3:RE its the exact opposite! Hold the [SLIDE] button and tap the thumb stick in the direction you want.
c.) this is in correlation to the above statement. SLIDING INTO ENEMIES CANCELS THEIR ATTACK!! For example:SLIDE into an enemy attack til delimb. SLIDE INTO the enemy closest to the delimbed enemy(this prevents them from attacking) then SLIDE BACK into the delimbed THEN obliterate.
d.) In terms of an attacking enemy: Slide is the priority. Use Block only as a last resort.
e.) Some enemies will jump against a wall to evade your Izuna Drop. If this happens shiryuken cancel then as you land. ID again, they will jump right into it. ID is still very useful.
f.)SoB is amazing. Delimbs ARE NOT random. Also, they are not connected to regular counters(NG2). SoB are throw counters.

what weapon do you use?

the boss your on now, if i remember correctly; on MN if defeating her no damage with the lunar locks the game up. i dunno if its the same on HARD. so, be weary.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:00 pm

On the higher difficulty's, yes chaining the Steel on Bone is the most reliable method to making it through. The game forces you to abuse it because of it's set up. It's not like NG2, where once you can master the iframes, you can charge into any encounter. You feel like your freedom to choose how to fight is taken away. Look at the Multiplayer. It's ALL guys using the Scythe, doing non-stop 360 Y's. Virtually nothing else is used. You can only watch so many videos before you get bored. But, the way it's designed, the players have little choice. I can't imagine fighting all those bosses and waves with the DS, it would be ridiculous.

It took me like 2 days to get past the section just before the 3 purple Prototype bosses on UN. The section barely lasts 5 minutes, its just that Ayane is awful to use on UN imo. It was those spiked white fiends, purple imps from NGB and the black/green Van Gelfs. It literally takes just a few small hits and you can't afford to make any more mistakes. The game has balancing issues. It's like you go from steamrolling your way through, then BAM...you hit a brick wall. Ryu would have handled it a lot better. I really don't think anyone playtested the higher difficulty's at all. There's another section just before the Helicopter Warship that's almost impossible, because you run out of energy so fast. You just have to play it over and over and over until the game gives you a mercy win.

The other weird thing is the bosses. I had so much trouble on some of the bosses on MN, and no trouble on UN. It took me many attempts on MN to take it down (like 20) where as on UN i passed it first time??

I know some guys love it to bits, and i can appreciate that. I gave it a solid chance, played through all difficulty's and made it to level 50 in trials, then i shelved it. Haven't played it since.

A major rethink is required (IMO) and a back pedal to the likes of NGB and NG2 design is whats needed. RE has a lot of redeeming quality's, but it's still NG3 underneath.
MuffinMan123
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by MuffinMan123 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:17 pm

if they give back the instant block after a successful dodge, a proper onlanding combo setup, and a guillotine throw that actually connects, do you think that will be enough to fix the game?
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:29 pm

No :laugh2:

But it's a start. Ryu needs to be a lot faster, i say bring back the dash from NG2 and completely remove the SoB mechanic and just stick with delimbing and OT's. I want them to go back to the whole essence system, charged UT's and Muramasa shop system. I want the enemies to try and suicide bomb me, but i also want to have that split second reaction from Ryu so i can deal with it. In RE i was often caught with some devastating attack because i couldn't move fast enough. They could change all the weapon imputs back to NG2 as well. I was trying to XXY with the Lunar and its been removed! Just leave it the same as before and add some more combos. Goddammit Hayashi.
stqueirolo
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Post by stqueirolo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:43 am

for a change i completly dissagree whit pure grunt the game do not foreces you to used SoB , the great mayority of player decide to play it like that, you can cancel izuna drop animations also the dash can be cancel in mid way , this game ask you to really learn i frames and really learn to use reverse wind becouse in here it gives you i frames and attack frames if you nailed perfect and press x or y .
again that statement taht people only uses the scythe its very wrong , the most people that i found play whit the sword then the kusari gamma and the lunar ,only when trying really dificult trials its that the sycthe appears more.
most of the complains are from the ones that only play the game becouse they have to prove they are great at ng but none really dig deep on the combat to not complain of their own lack of skill on it . :facepalm2:
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:46 am

MuffinMan123 wrote:if they give back the instant block after a successful dodge, a proper onlanding combo setup, and a guillotine throw that actually connects, do you think that will be enough to fix the game?

instant block after a perfect dodge its on the game and guillotine throw works perfectly just be at the rigth distance :wave:
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:03 am

most of the complains are from the ones that only play the game becouse they have to prove they are great at ng but none really dig deep on the combat to not complain of their own lack of skill on it

Do i lack skill for completing Master and Ultimate Ninja? What about 17 million in TDS Survival? How many video's are there that have guys destroying the UN missions without Scythe spam?

So NG3 RE has no flaws, it's only because people can't play it properly? It's not considered "cheap" in it's design in any way? Do you think you could beat the UN mode without abusing the SoB?

I can say that NG2 is cheap at times. Projectile spam galore, Genshin's Underworld Drop is pretty cheap, so is Elizabets insane animations and recovery. Zedonius's grab? The list goes on.
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:25 am

Puregrunt wrote:
most of the complains are from the ones that only play the game becouse they have to prove they are great at ng but none really dig deep on the combat to not complain of their own lack of skill on it

Do i lack skill for completing Master and Ultimate Ninja? What about 17 million in TDS Survival? How many video's are there that have guys destroying the UN missions without Scythe spam?

So NG3 RE has no flaws, it's only because people can't play it properly? It's not considered "cheap" in it's design in any way? Do you think you could beat the UN mode without abusing the SoB?

I can say that NG2 is cheap at times. Projectile spam galore, Genshin's Underworld Drop is pretty cheap, so is Elizabets insane animations and recovery. Zedonius's grab? The list goes on.

no one disagree you are dam god on ng2 but in razors meh your kind of a normal ninja , ultimate ninja its not as hard as you make it on your own .
im not saying razors edge its not flawed im saying your complains in specific are wrong .
why to come into a post about someone that wants to know how to play and dish on the game this happen on ng3 too , do you see me in your posts about ng2 trolling the game , accept it you want ng 2.5 and that game will never exist go and play what you enjoy and leave the rest to enjoy what ever we want . TROLL
MuffinMan123
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by MuffinMan123 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:30 am

I feel like I just saw xino lol
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:38 am

I could try and entertain your response ST, but i won't bother. My opinion is based on my own experience with the game. One i feel i am qualified to give. I gave both game's the benefit of the doubt. Completing UN on both games, IIRC i had the number one legit spot for a little while too, but that makes me mediocre? I didn't like them, so what? I am entitled to my opinion. If i was trolling, i would be directly bashing it. If you re-read my post, i said "I know some guys love it to bits, and i can appreciate that". Instead of getting defensive, why don't you contribute something worthy of an intelligent response?

I'll let your troll comment slide. But if you do it again, i'll consider further action. Please don't put me in that position.
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:41 am

MuffinMan123 wrote:I feel like I just saw xino lol
when ever and if you really want to know more about the game im glad to help you in any way i can , as a coop partner or as a consultant hahahaha, i just get annoy when people that dont enjoy something try to discourage others from finding something that maybe would enjoy . :(
ps3 st_gaiden xbx stqueirolo
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:52 am

Puregrunt wrote:I could try and entertain your response ST, but i won't bother. My opinion is based on my own experience with the game. One i feel i am qualified to give. I gave both game's the benefit of the doubt. Completing UN on both games, IIRC i had the number one legit spot for a little while too, but that makes me mediocre? I didn't like them, so what? I am entitled to my opinion. If i was trolling, i would be directly bashing it. If you re-read my post, i said "I know some guys love it to bits, and i can appreciate that". Instead of getting defensive, why don't you contribute something worthy of an intelligent response?

I'll let your troll comment slide. But if you do it again, i'll consider further action. Please don't put me in that position.
please be my guest and banned me mister law , if telling you in your face that you are a troll of ng 3 deserves a banned please im waiting :clap:
Massaca
Splatter Witch
Location: Free "Prisoner" at the Demon King's Castle (NSW, Aussieland)

Post by Massaca » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:06 am

ST, you were given a pass. Don't push it being a smartarse. Move on.
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:17 am

naaa the hell whit it if calling the things as i see it its a deserve banned well lets do it . i have not insulted anyone and this its not the first time this happens so if im banned thats it one less gaiden fan in here .
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:41 am

stqueirolo wrote:naaa the hell whit it if calling the things as i see it its a deserve banned well lets do it . i have not insulted anyone and this its not the first time this happens so if im banned thats it one less gaiden fan in here .

ST, your response to my posts and the condescending way you spoke to me is enough to warrant a ban. If you can't see how that would be justified, then perhaps you really aren't deserving of a membership here. This is your final warning.
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:57 am

im waiting for you mister law i consider you being disrespectfull of me, grow up .
dont think that getting banned its the worse , i consider way worst if i shut my mouth just becouse you feel like saying to you that you are a troll its an offense go ahead i dont give a flying %$%"

you ask for fredom of speech of what you think and wants but if decide to talk against your campaing against ng 3 oooooo sacrilege :facepalm2:
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:03 am

ST has now been banned from the Ninja Archives. If anyone feels it was not justified, then feel free to speak to anyone else on the site team regarding my decision.

Thanks for your understanding.

Please carry on with your thread Muffinman :cool3:
RebornLS
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by RebornLS » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:56 am

Lunar: THE POKE system(quick kill system) for groups
These moves have such a high rate of de-limb stringing them all together isn't needed. BUT instead i continue the combo momentum by switching to another limbed enemy. the game sees it as a combo but the i-frames continue over.

* means a split second hesitation is required or a no hesitation enemy switch

the danger is there will be ALOT of delimb guys on the field. but the i-frame carry over means no real threat while stringing them togather. the worst thing to happen to me: when i tested this on UN and an enemy would evade...thus forcing me to restart this tactic

its basically my NG2 POMN tactic: delimb every thing then obliterate

Multiple enemies recommended:
fish with XX*X*

example of what i mean: XXXY*XX->XX*X->X->YY*XYXXY or hold Y (after the last *) instead of XYXXY(izuna drop)

the only Xfactor:UN and MN monkeys and KFC fiends

Hopefully some high skill players(unlike me) find some crazy exploits with this tactic.

I doubt i'm the first to figure this out, but i cant find anything on it. sorry if this is poorly worded or poorly explained.
feel free to chew me out! XD

One Move De-limbs
To de-limb most full heath enemies:
After obliteration a BC [STRONG]

OLBC [STRONG] as an enemy attacks.

BOSSES
*In general, 360 BC [STRONG] is usually boss safe.

Regent Of The Mask:
*running BC [STRONG] as he finishes up an attack
* ->+[LIGHT],[LIGHT],[STRONG],[STRONG],[STRONG]
360[STRONG] immune to throws

Genshin:
Lunar seems to be the worst possible choice against Genshin. Seriously, when playing Ninja Trails, I'd have to think about 'is Genshin in this level?' and sometimes chose another weapon. The Izuna Drop seemes to be the only viable strategy; and to be fair, some of what I’m going to say revolves around the Izuna Drop.

So, here comes the 'crazy-talk':
This will seem like lunacy to experenced NG players but hear me out.

IN GENERAL GENSHIN VS. LUNAR OVERVIEW:
-Initate the 360[(hold)STRONG] attack, don't wait for him.
-Veterns, you wont get hit when you think you will.
-With the lunar, spamming circular dodges will keep you safe

Counter with a 360 [Strong]. As the last hit connects,genshins A.I. will see that as a seperate attack. Counter with an Izuna Drop. As you land do a 360 [(HOLD)STRONG]. Release a moment after his twirly kick animation ends. As you release hold [BLOCK]. You will probably whiff, but you are safe. Any move short of his Ninpo will be blocked. Thus allowing you to counter with another Izuna Drop.

How Genshin evade A.I. works:
1st attack: connects
2nd attack: evades
3rd attack: connects
4th attack: evade
5th attack: connects

In terms of what I said above:
1st attack: 360[STRONG]
2nd attack: last hit of a 360[STRONG] will count as the 2nd attack
3rd attack: Izuna Drop
4th attack: 360[(hold)STRONG]
5th attack: Izuna drop

See the pattern?
360[(hold)STRONG] is Genshins Achilles Heel. If you whiff you are safe. You can do it on the offensive. That means don’t use it as a counter! In other words when a Genshin fight starts you attack first.
If his attack animation starts don’t use it as a counter. That means you can’t mindlessly spam it.

As with most bosses in Razors Edge, they catch on to loops. This means Genshin will start spamming ninpo. To get him to ‘reset’ or ‘lose his memory’ of your looping intentions – do consecutive evades in a circle. Lunar seems to have the fastest evade. So going in a tight circle around Genshin will cause him to attack with grabs and jump spinning sword attacks. Make sure you have switched to fight camera 2(or what ever you want to call it). After a few circles, continue the original strategy.

One problem with doing this: if your partner is ignorant to your strategy he may disconnect (because it looks like your trolling with slides).

Other moves that are damaging to Genshin:
->[LIGHT],->[LIGHT],[STRONG] :you cant hold ->, and you have to be almost late with the second ->[Strong]
360[STRONG] is the most damaging non-throw attack. Make sure you connect though. It has the worst recovery with practically no i-frames

A general lunar tip: The later you are with an input (without breaking the combo), the greater damage it will do.
MuffinMan123
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by MuffinMan123 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:19 am

dude, you should expand on that a little bit, it's like reading martian language even for a NG veteran such as me.

just got past ayane day 6 right now. I skipped so many trials... probably have to grind normal mode to get all those test of valors.
RebornLS
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by RebornLS » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:00 am

MuffinMan123 wrote:dude, you should expand on that a little bit, it's like reading martian language even for a NG veteran such as me.

just got past ayane day 6 right now. I skipped so many trials... probably have to grind normal mode to get all those test of valors.
My grammer is that bad? Sorry.

The above post I made was copied and pasted from other posts I made.

The poke system is based on the WHIFF play style. The genshin loop is also WHIFF tactic. It's all about attacking a recovering enemy late enough to where your initial move misses, the enemy goes to punish your previous attack and get punished by you.

Think of it as a head start.
This tactic is a godsent when fighting alchemists.
RebornLS
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by RebornLS » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:23 am

Oh, and for online ...you'll run into these people who spam 360Y with the scythe.

Equip your de-limb counter perk and ghost perk.

When spammers attacks you with 360Y.. Counter the attack, that automatically delimbs them every time. Press Y to obliterate

After the score is like 10-0 they will more than likely rage quit and go get his little 360Y buddies. To teach you a lesson. But that's ok...

When multiple 360Y attack you...

Counter/obliterate like before. When two or more attack they will likely do this 360Y,B meaning you counter is all messed up. We'll so is their move priority! as they fall ghost walk and as they land ghost kill him. FYI: The spammer That threw the air shiryukens just lowered the priority of OLC360Y. Immediately press and hold BLOCK+attack (during the ghost kill animation) for the chance that the other attackers 360Y hit will connect on the first frame. The game make sees it as a counter not a block
MuffinMan123
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by MuffinMan123 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:37 am

it's more about the shorthands that I have never seen b4. what's a bc?
RebornLS
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by RebornLS » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:18 pm

MuffinMan123 wrote:it's more about the shorthands that I have never seen b4. what's a bc?
SORY

BC=Brief Charge

light=x
strong=y

olbc= on-land brief charge