Final Boss... help...

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: November 18th 2012
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Final Boss... help...

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:14 am

So I know you can spam lunar UT->OT here but is there any decent non-cheese strategy for someone with mortal reflexes?

Particularly using the sword?

I've warmed up to this game a fair bit over the years but I can't avoid thinking that this last fight is a real mess. Am I missing something?
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Re: Final Boss... help...

Post by julius-ruler4 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:05 pm

Try using XXY then shuriken cancel. I'm not a real expert in this but the Lunar UT->OT is the strategy I figured out a few years ago when this game was released. The BotA does a hell of a lot of damage when doing Izuna drop. Be careful though, because as soon they lose one of their limbs they go suicide mode and deal a lot of damage, so OT them before you even get killed by their suicide attack, to fill up your ninpo faster. If you get lucky enough, you can SoB them and regain quite a bit of health if you happen to run low. At the same time it also fills your ninpo the fastest.

But in general, XXX, XXY, XXXY, any ->X moves and XYXXXY do the trick, though you must always OT them for extra ki. They do seem to dodge the sword a bit more then other weapons due to its short range. But at the same time, keep an eye on the goddess so that you don't get B-slapped outta nowhere. The corners of the area usually provide some protection if you decide to charge a BotA UT.

If you do run low on health, try meditating and they are more likely to try and get you with their glowing attack, so you can do SoB on them. I might even try to play through the day again to find any proper strategies.

Also, did you watch any video of that Lunar UT->OT strategy?

Off-topic: You going for score or not? Cuz I would love to see someone who can record a run in full and perhaps beat my scores