Unresponsive Controls

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: March 20th 2012
protekwow
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3

Unresponsive Controls

Post by protekwow » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:55 am

Hellllooo,

i am currently working on my few missing trials. Having faced loads of glitches, bugs, ultimate lag and other fatal things that could lead to certain death without the players fault i discovered an issue with the dodging. Sometimes (rarely) when i try to just simple slide (holding block then using the left stick) he doesnt move an inch. It cant be my controller nor do i have ever faced these issues in Sigma1/2 on the ps3 so i assume its the game somehow. I faced this issue only once in my MN story mode run when i tried to slide away in the last phase of this MechaBoss. Sometimes i mash the left stick even twice from center to the edge and still he just stands there getting hit (ofcourse in all situations i am not guard blocked or anything). I dont mind if this would happen only once per day but.... on UN/MN a missed dodge will cost you all your health.. I wanna loose because i am bad not because the controls suck. Had this terrible crap happen to me three times in one trial today which resulted in: first- genshin grabbing me and all my health gone and then dying on DOKU (this is the easiest boss in NG3 ...) twice because i couldnt dodge his blade (since i had no health from genshin......).

Am i the only person who faces this issue or is this a known issue? I tried to google it but no help. I dont wanna get used to let go of block and use it again just to be 100% sure he dodges because this can go wrong too. This is realy annoying.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Re: Unresponsive Controls

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:43 am

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. It's pretty exasperating.

It's not just you, control response and command buffering just isn't sorted very well in NG3.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:57 pm

sigma 2 has also this problem. I dont know how many time i got killed because of this.....NG3 is the same BS** there were so many complain about that in sigma 2 you will think that TN listen and correct it.....NO they didnt, they made worse...
Fejer
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword

Post by Fejer » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:23 pm

Sigma 2 felt a little more sluggish than the usual NG games I've played but NG3's dodging mechanics is kind of slow, especially during boss fights. I've played NG3 on the Xbox 360 on Hard.
stqueirolo
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Post by stqueirolo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:14 pm

curious i dont notice that problem whit the controler, i note lag when playing whit someone on the other side of the world .
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:11 am

NG3's controls are sluggish for the most part. It felt (to me at least) very clunky and slow in comparison with NG2, which i am the most used to. There is incredible amounts of slowdown at times, and Ryu is just generally slower and less responsive than his NG2 counterpart. For a game that was made 4 years later, you would think it would be far superior in terms of being able to handle the speed and enemy count...but it can't. Probably has something to do with making it on about half the budget. NG2 has a few niggles, like the dash can sometimes catch you out if things get a bit hectic, and hit detection can be a bit annoying...but most of the time things move at a blistering pace and it takes a lot of enemies to get it to slow down significant amounts...like the chapter 10 staircase fight.

When you play online in the trials, not only are you having to deal with the regular slowdown, but also the distance and connection you have with your partner. :x
Fejer

Post by Fejer » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:26 am

Master PG wrote:For a game that was made 4 years later, you would think it would be far superior in terms of being able to handle the speed and enemy count...but it can't. Probably has something to do with making it on about half the budget.
It could be a game design choice to reduce the responsiveness, like Guerrilla Games has done in Killzone 2, where aiming with the guns feels sluggish to make the weapons feel heavy or like Bungie has done in Halo where jumping has an input lag to make the Master Chief feel heavy. Maybe Hayashi thought it was a good way to add some difficulty to the new easier gameplay.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:39 am

Great point, about it possibly being implemented to make it harder. But imo, that only makes it even cheaper than it already is. It was probably put in there on purpose. Hayashi has a lot to learn about balance, and giving the player a proper challenge. Not just throw endless waves of guys at you, crappy camera angles and no healing items. On, and i forgot the OHK's on MN and above lol. Hayashi's idea of difficulty and challenge is so far removed from Itagaki's design its not funny.

Oh well, at least there's Yaiba? :ninja:
Ryu_Hayabusa
Greater Fiend
Greater Fiend

Post by Ryu_Hayabusa » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:36 pm

Master PG wrote:Great point, about it possibly being implemented to make it harder. But imo, that only makes it even cheaper than it already is. It was probably put in there on purpose. Hayashi has a lot to learn about balance, and giving the player a proper challenge. Not just throw endless waves of guys at you, crappy camera angles and no healing items. On, and i forgot the OHK's on MN and above lol. Hayashi's idea of difficulty and challenge is so far removed from Itagaki's design its not funny.

Yaiba has got my interest.

I believe Bigalski commented on the slow controls in some vids (which he was asked to comment by a player from Belgium). Doesn't deter from the fact that the one reason people play NG is still somewhere screaming for attention it will never get.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:11 pm

Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:
Master PG wrote:Great point, about it possibly being implemented to make it harder. But imo, that only makes it even cheaper than it already is. It was probably put in there on purpose. Hayashi has a lot to learn about balance, and giving the player a proper challenge. Not just throw endless waves of guys at you, crappy camera angles and no healing items. On, and i forgot the OHK's on MN and above lol. Hayashi's idea of difficulty and challenge is so far removed from Itagaki's design its not funny.

I believe Bigalski commented on the slow controls in some vids (which he was asked to comment by a player from Belgium). Doesn't deter from the fact that the one reason people play NG is still somewhere screaming for attention it will never get.
I dont think thats why they still play it. I think its still fun to play it and I mean the trials not the story. Its still NG but far inferior but it still has the essence. I only needed UN1 to get the plat, I almost perfected that mission but never got a partner that can survive, it was only question about time to get it done (MUCH easier than UN1 in NGS2) and I was planing to finish all the extra trials including UN4 and UN5 (even those missions are easier than UN1 in NGS2), tell I got something in my life that prevented me to play online and still cant unfortunatly. But it was fun to play, frustrating, but still fun to play coop with other people.
protekwow
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3

Post by protekwow » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:29 pm

iraqoz wrote: I dont think thats why they still play it. I think its still fun to play it and I mean the trials not the story. Its still NG but far inferior but it still has the essence. I only needed UN1 to get the plat, I almost perfected that mission but never got a partner that can survive, it was only question about time to get it done (MUCH easier than UN1 in NGS2) and I was planing to finish all the extra trials including UN4 and UN5 (even those missions are easier than UN1 in NGS2), tell I got something in my life that prevented me to play online and still cant unfortunatly. But it was fun to play, frustrating, but still fun to play coop with other people.
I realy enjoy playing the trials its fun, even when you are not able to always beat them. But the part about the lag, glitches and input errors ist way too bad. I have been playing UN01 the past 2 days and almost perfected it (erasing every small little risk to get through all waves with laods of hp, facerolling the normal and fiend genshin). But i always die due to getting hit because the controls weren't responding, a network error (which is happening ALOT depending on who hosts...), fiend genshin glitching on spawn and warping over the map and and and.

To me it seems as if noone has ever even tested these trials at all. Alot of people also face the issue of network errors on MN02. I am left with MN08,15 and the 3 demanding unltimate ninja trials. But so far im loosing the motivation to get UN01 done.

I think the unresponsiveness of the dodging is based on the lag, when i played with a chinese player yesterday (me living in germany) i had lots of issues to deal with, less with a german partner.

The trials realy demand lots of concetration esp. the later ones but one mistake and all your health is gone.. so frustrating loosing it to a non-player based mistake. I dont regret buying the game tho, put lots of hours in and i enjoy helping out others too and replaying some of the trials but i cant see myself putting alot more time into the realy tedious ones when there are all those glitches/bugs/errors around.

I realy hope RE fixes alot of this as i would love to get to meet more ninja bro's there to get all missions done.
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:05 pm

about the lag in un1 most of it is becouse of the archers , in any trial that has archers or rockets will be lag until they are dead.
like you i have enjoy the trials a lot even when diyng to soon or at first waves loose a lot of hp and knowing i will not pass it , its fun to see how much can i handle.
surprisingly getting for longer than expected .
the only difference is that i dont get that bother for non player based mistake.
i really enjoy to have to relearn how to fight .i just enjoy it
Ryu_Hayabusa
Greater Fiend
Greater Fiend

Post by Ryu_Hayabusa » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:43 pm

iraqoz wrote:
Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:

I dont think thats why they still play it. I think its still fun to play it and I mean the trials not the story. Its still NG but far inferior but it still has the essence. I only needed UN1 to get the plat, I almost perfected that mission but never got a partner that can survive, it was only question about time to get it done (MUCH easier than UN1 in NGS2) and I was planing to finish all the extra trials including UN4 and UN5 (even those missions are easier than UN1 in NGS2), tell I got something in my life that prevented me to play online and still cant unfortunatly. But it was fun to play, frustrating, but still fun to play coop with other people.
Trials are indeed more fun then the story mode. Kinda sad really.