Worth getting?

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: March 20th 2012
Kobane
Pillbug
Pillbug

Worth getting?

Post by Kobane » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:25 am

Is it worth getting after the price drop? Or should I not even bother with it?
stqueirolo
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Re: Worth getting?

Post by stqueirolo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:17 am

that depends in what do you hope to get from it .
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:26 am

It's taken a lot of stick, some of it justified, but at the end of the day, if you can get it for a decent price then it's definitely worth checking out. I've had a lot of fun with the game, but it doesn't have the depth of the other NG games.

The online modes are pretty good fun, and the story mode is enjoyable, if a little short. But you'll definitely have to play on hard or above for this game to become interesting. Otherwise you'll be be bored before you finish it.

I'm sure there's a demo out, but I don't think the demo really does it justice. You just get a small section of the first level, which is definitely one of the more boring to play.
MasterRyukenden
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by MasterRyukenden » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Wait for Razor's Edge. :D
ShreddyBobby
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by ShreddyBobby » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:29 pm

MasterRyukenden wrote:Wait for Razor's Edge. :D
Yeah, take this advice. NG3:RE is where you should spend your money, if it comes out on anything other than WiiU.
I haven't played the game myself, so my opinion doesn't count for much, but it really does look more complete.
Plus we all know by now that Hayashi loves to re-release NG games :D
stqueirolo

Post by stqueirolo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:13 pm

MasterRyukenden wrote:Wait for Razor's Edge. :D
i dont recomend that he waits for razor edge ,asuming he will have a wii u .
ninja gaiden 3 its a good game whit fun coop and multiplayer ,for a good price its a good deal .
but if you are a purist of the ninja gaiden formula you maybe wanna avoid it ,still i recomended at least for knowing it for yourself :silly:
Shigurui
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Shigurui » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:05 am

If you just want to play campaign then it's a rental at best, the online mp is beyond terrible but the co-op missions aren't too bad, not great but ok.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:26 am

My opinion: $20 or less.

Frankly, I think there's definitely some fun to be had with the game. Hard mode is probably the best balanced for not being mind-numbingly easy but not railroading you into spam like MN/UN might do. It's just not going to captivate you for dozens of hours like the earlier games did- for me, at least.

(Keep in mind that I'm a terrific cheapskate, also... :wink:)
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:27 pm

I would wait until Razors Edge comes out for 360 and PS3 (if it actually does). NG3 on the 360 and PS3 is really average at best. It's very repetitive and has very little depth. You will end up spamming 360 Y's and Izuna Drops combined with OT's to beat the harder modes. You can try and have some fun with combo's, but you will be re-starting a lot. MN and UN are insanely difficult and tedious, and each encounter lasts for ages...like a mini ToV. It gets old real quick.

There are no: scarabs or crystal skull collectables, healing items, muramasa shops, guillotine throw, projectile UT's, windmill shuriken or flying swallow. They've also removed essence and charged UT's. OH, and you only get inferno ninpo for story mode.

There's very little variation with enemy type's and the bosses are (for the most part) a big letdown. The combat is a lot slower than NG2, and there are no decapitations at all. You also need to DL the Scythe and Talons. They also differ from their NG2 counterparts. They didn't even bother to have a nice inventory screen where you can check the moves list (there are no healing items at all), just a bland blue screen with moves that have no names....wtf? Just a major lack of attention to detail.

It hasn't got the speed and excitement of NG2, and certainly not the level of attention to detail and polish of NGB. But, it's still an OK action game, worth a play through for fun, and if you can get it for a good price, then you may as well.
Kobane
Pillbug
Pillbug

Post by Kobane » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:29 am

Master PG wrote:There are no: scarabs or crystal skull collectables, healing items, muramasa shops, guillotine throw, projectile UT's, windmill shuriken or flying swallow. They've also removed essence and charged UT's. OH, and you only get inferno ninpo for story mode.
Good lord, they stripped it down that much? I think I will wait for Razor's Edge or another price drop.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:14 am

Yeah man, it's stripped down a lot. Razors Edge has: Dual Katanas, way more gore, decapitations, gullotine throw de-limbing, charged UT's (pretty sure it has), scarabs make a return etc. The game looks much better than NG3. Whether it comes to 360 and PS3, i'm not sure. But if it does, that's the one you want. IMO :thumb:

I even read somewhere that they're bringing back the original FS too.
mickstupp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mickstupp » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:28 am

Right. Well I think that settles it for me too. Razor's Edge it is.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:18 pm

Here's the Razors Edge game play video. Just in case you missed it :ninjabow:

[BBvideo 425,350]
[/BBvideo]

In my personal opinion, this game will come out on 360 and PS3, but not until after it's come out for Wii U. Looks good....yes? :thumb:
Marsbar
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by Marsbar » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:08 pm

Looks awesome. What we all wanted in the first place.
Fejer
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword

Post by Fejer » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:11 pm

I agree with Shigurui, it's a rental at best. I rented the game for a weekend, went through Hard mode and finished the first 10 missions. But I could hardly find anything worth spending my time on.
Master PG wrote:In my personal opinion, this game will come out on 360 and PS3, but not until after it's come out for Wii U. Looks good....yes? :thumb:
I wouldn't keep up my hopes for a 360/PS3 version. The 'fans' were also asking for the content seen in NG Sigma 2 on the Xbox 360, like the co-op multiplayer mode, but we never got to play that.
Porting Razor's Edge to the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 would require additional development time combined with another test phase and it's likely that most people who already bought/played Ninja Gaiden 3, wouldn't buy Razor's Edge. So the profit would be pretty low in this case.
A 'Game of the Year' edition with all the DLCs is more likely, than a competely improved version of the game, even though Ninja Gaiden 3 doesn't deserve the title of 'Game of the Year'.
Luckrequired
Ninja Lucky Pants
Ninja Lucky Pants
Location: British Headquarters of The International Dojo of Ninjas

Post by Luckrequired » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:12 pm

Oh oh, how about ...Disappointing Game of the Year! Ah. Ahh, aha ha. M'yes. /Stewie Griffin.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:45 pm

Out of this trailer I really cant see what NG3:Razor's Edge has more to offer ????
Yes it has more weapons, more ninpos and delimbing. Thats all they could just patch NG3 with that. The same combat the same BS*** that was CORE-PROBLEM
I hope Iam wrong because you cant say unless you play the finished product, BUT Iam really skeptical when looking at this trailer. There is also a gameplay video:

[align=center][BBvideo 425,350]
[/BBvideo][/align]

They same awful Combat system over again WTH man :picard:
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:47 pm

It probably won't be different enough to save it. On a separate note, that guy playing is terrible lol.