Administrator

Hayashi admits the game sucks

Post by sneh » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:24 pm

Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hayashi admits the game sucks

Post by Dark Hazuki » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Fair enough. But why the Wii? I don't get it. If he wants to make the game that NG fans want, then why release it for a console that NG fans don't/won't own? Honestly If we don't get a PS3/xbox version of this game, then I'm going to fly to Japan and ram my copy right down his throat! :flame:

And why do they keep mentioning that one of the biggest problems with NG3 was that it wasn't difficult enough? It was only easy if you play it on normal, just like NGB and NG2 were. But Master Ninja and Ultimate Ninja were certainly no pushover.

I just can't help but wonder what goes through their minds sometimes. :shrug:
mickstupp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mickstupp » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:02 pm

It's not the Wii though, it's the WiiU. Whatever that means. Apparently it's not a peripheral but an actual console as good as if not slight better than the 360/PS3... if you believe the hype. They'll probably wait a month or two before releasing special editions of NG3 in time for crimbo maybe. Or just do massive DLC upgrades. I can't see them leaving it as it is on the main two consoles.
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:05 pm

Yeah, I meant the WiiU. But even still, I just don't see many NG fans owning one, but maybe I'm wrong. :shrug:
mickstupp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mickstupp » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:20 pm

I'd say you're completely right. I would say most Ninja Gaiden fans are pretty much hardcore gamers. I can't imagine that variety of gamer moving away from the 360/PS3. I can't think of a single thing I'd be bothered playing on it besides a polished up NG3. It's too big an asking price for one game and I reckon a lot of people would think that. They'll have no choice but to release on the other platforms at a later date, or include the extras as DLC. Even if they're being attracted with things like Battlefield, COD, they keep mentioning Batman too. Why go with that platform when all your friends are on the other two? And why go for the WiiU for games that are already out ages on the console you already own? I heard a couple of game journalist types on podcasts suggesting this time Nintendo will lose a lot of money. It's not like the Wii.

But then everyone was wrong about the Wii before that came out too...
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:14 pm

"After observing the successes of faster-paced, less intricate combat systems (think Bayonetta), Team Ninja rebuilt its battling. Ninja Gaiden 3 sent wave after wave of stupid enemies at star Ryu Hayabusa, and all you had to do was mash buttons."

Why is it that almost noone who writes about video games knows a goddamn thing about what they're writing about? :picard:

Dark Hazuki wrote: And why do they keep mentioning that one of the biggest problems with NG3 was that it wasn't difficult enough? It was only easy if you play it on normal, just like NGB and NG2 were. But Master Ninja and Ultimate Ninja were certainly no pushover.
It seems to me that gaming journalists played two chapters of Normal/Easy mode and then mailed in their 'comprehensive reviews'. There have been a few good articles on the real issues in NG3 but most of the media misses the mark a good bit- 'too easy, button mashing' - simply not true, and avoids the real problems.

Frankly, I doubt Team Ninja understands what was wrong with it even now. If they had been equipped to do so they never would've made the game they made in the first place.
gull
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by gull » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:03 pm

If he wants to make it up to the fans, he needs to release a patch for the other consoles. Putting the fixed version on the WiiU is ridiculous.
kosmos
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3

Post by kosmos » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:50 am

Ok this nice and cool but what happen with the people that trusted you Hayashi, we give you our money and you give us a pile of crap burned in a disc, what about us?.

If they care about the fans, they will release Razor's Blade in disc or DLC for a budget price.
Fejer
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword

Post by Fejer » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:41 pm

After observing the successes of faster-paced, less intricate combat systems (think Bayonetta), Team Ninja rebuilt its battling. Ninja Gaiden 3 sent wave after wave of stupid enemies at star Ryu Hayabusa, and all you had to do was mash buttons.
These stupid people must be out of their mind. Do they even know what they are talking about? 'The successes of faster-paced. less intricate combat system (think Bayonetta)? That's a huge pile of bullshit. People who've played Bayonetta will know that it's slower than Ninja Gaiden, but it's combat system is just as complex and tactical as Ninja Gaiden Black. There are so many fine details, including the Witch Time, Torture and Wicked Weave attacks. Bayonetta is actually a classic action game, it stays true to the DMC formula. Compared to NG3 in Bayonetta you have all the old standard gameplay elements like a regular healthbar, items, several weapons and attribute changing equipments. Also the enemies in Bayonetta require a more tactical approach than NG3's enemies.
Sometimes I wonder how some people can call themselves journalists if they lack the skills to properly research the content they are talking/writing about. :facepalm2:

I guess a more suitable comparisson would be God of War and Darksiders. Now those games have less intricate combat systems and the enemies require less thinking, while being really successful. But unlike NG those games are different, they have a more cinematic approach to the story and are aimed at a wider audience.
For Razor’s Edge, we listened to the feedback (from Ninja Gaiden 3),” Hayashi said. “And we reexamined what the series was, what the game was, what people want. We’re going back to rethinking what the series means.
Didn't Hayashi say the exact same thing about Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Sigma 2? Didn't he say that he listened to what the fans wanted? And then he added Rachel to Sigma, because that's what fans asked for and added useless weapons like the canon, a bunch of weak chapters with the female characters and removed most of the gore effects in Sigma 2, because that's what the fans wanted.
Dark Hazuki wrote:Fair enough. But why the Wii? I don't get it. If he wants to make the game that NG fans want, then why release it for a console that NG fans don't/won't own? Honestly If we don't get a PS3/xbox version of this game, then I'm going to fly to Japan and ram my copy right down his throat! :flame:
We've been through this when Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 was released. We all felt like being beta-testers for the full product and wished for the additional weapons and the mutliplayer co-op mode as a DLC for the Xbox 360, but we never got them even though most NG fans back then were on the Xbox 360.
Luckrequired
Ninja Lucky Pants
Ninja Lucky Pants
Location: British Headquarters of The International Dojo of Ninjas

Post by Luckrequired » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:24 pm

I asked for Rachel. :awesome:
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:53 am

Luckrequired wrote:I asked for Rachel. :awesome:
Spoiler:
[BBvideo 425,350]
[/BBvideo]
:silly:

(Actually I liked Rachel in NGS1, though.... :laugh2: )
mickstupp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mickstupp » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:05 am

YOU PEOPLE ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

NO HORSES IN VIDEO GAMES EXCEPT VIDEO GAMES THAT INVOLVE HORSES LIKE RED DEAD REDEMPTION OR SOME JAPANESE HORSE RACING SIMULATOR OR SOMETHING!
Fejer

Post by Fejer » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 am

mickstupp wrote:YOU PEOPLE ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

NO HORSES IN VIDEO GAMES EXCEPT VIDEO GAMES THAT INVOLVE HORSES LIKE RED DEAD REDEMPTION OR SOME JAPANESE HORSE RACING SIMULATOR OR SOMETHING!
You could be right. NG/B and NG2 had enemies with horses (well in NG2 those were centaur). :deepthought:
mickstupp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mickstupp » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:38 am

:surprise:

goddamnit :facepalm2:
Luckrequired
Ninja Lucky Pants
Ninja Lucky Pants

Post by Luckrequired » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:28 pm

Ooh, an open wound. Luckily I brought salt!

Hi ho Epona

Shadow of the Colossus

Horsey Bonus!

Quit your no horse jibber jabber, foo!
Massaca
Splatter Witch
Location: Free "Prisoner" at the Demon King's Castle (NSW, Aussieland)

Post by Massaca » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:33 pm

Slightly related but really pushing it: Still one of the best vids I've seen even though I've only watched a couple sections of it.

Also, NG3 has Marbus. He's bottom half goat which is close enough to bottom half small horse to make no difference.
Luckrequired
Ninja Lucky Pants
Ninja Lucky Pants

Post by Luckrequired » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:53 pm

Oh poo, I just realised Mickstupp was expressing his hatred towards Rachel. Well, I like my little blonde leather clad pony. Hmpf!
Ryu_Hayabusa
Greater Fiend
Greater Fiend

Post by Ryu_Hayabusa » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:20 pm

I must admit I still have not beaten it yet.
Luckrequired
Ninja Lucky Pants
Ninja Lucky Pants

Post by Luckrequired » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:34 pm

Somebody just stop me now before I say something nasty!

Murphy, don't do you it! Hold it in.. Contain yourself! (Oh God, puns!) :bolt:
Massaca
Splatter Witch

Post by Massaca » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:09 am

I've been half way through Chapter 4 on Hard since about... 2 days after release?
Luckrequired
Ninja Lucky Pants
Ninja Lucky Pants

Post by Luckrequired » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Massaca wrote:I've been Hard since about... 2 days after release?
:whistle2:

Sorry! :-)
Massaca
Splatter Witch

Post by Massaca » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:12 am

Ok, that's just cheating :naughty:
Marsbar
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by Marsbar » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:24 pm

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :awesome:
Fejer

Post by Fejer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:45 pm

Massaca wrote:I've been Hard since about... 2 days after release?
Maybe you should see a doctor about that...

:awesome:

But seriously... many successful games have horses, like Skyrim and Assassin's Creed.
vmd50
Archfiend
Archfiend

Post by vmd50 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:38 pm

Never thought about Marbus somewhat resembling a horse. I didn't like the horse fight in NGB, but feel that there's nothing wrong with all other horse encounters in games.