Ninja Gaiden 3 News + Info

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: March 20th 2012
HaoKuaiDeJian
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Re: Ninja Gaiden 3 News + Info

Post by HaoKuaiDeJian » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:02 pm

NG3 Achievements list guy's. What are your thoughts?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game ... ievements/

I forgot to mention. I read somewhere that NG3 coop has a horde mode. I wonder if that's where we face Ryu :pray:
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:13 pm

I was getting excited and then the last wave of vids crushed me again. That battleship level? Absolutely painful to watch, and that's no tutorial level (at least level 4, right?), so that's just the way this game is I guess. Uncharted Gaiden, script-o-rama with a pile of recycled enemies.

I don't wanna go super negative so I'm probably just gonna stop commenting until the game's released. :huff:
mickstupp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mickstupp » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:32 pm

I personally feel like multiplayer achievements are bullshit. But I get that nowadays I'm probably in a minority there. But that's because I grew up playing games where the multiplayer was literally just a novelty extra. It's hard to let go of. I admit that. Anyway, between that and the amount of achievements that seem to be available for simply progressing through the game, I'm disappointed. There's so little effort with these things, on the part of the developer I mean. They could easily make these things more interesting, have you play the game in different unexpected ways. But no. Same old boring crap. I remember people being optimistic about it when the console was first launched. Geometry Wars with interesting achievements like the Pacifist thing. And then later with Mass Effect 1 giving actual in game bonuses when you got particular achievements. That stuff isn't difficult to implement yet so few developers bother themselves to try and be interesting. So in this case it's just another sign of laziness in my opinion.
HaoKuaiDeJian
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by HaoKuaiDeJian » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:53 pm

Anyone notice the Scythe in development diary 4 video. It looks pretty crap tbh. I hope it looks better upgraded, if it can be that is.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/8129943/e ... online_mp/ @50 seconds
bodaaf
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by bodaaf » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:07 am

mickstupp wrote:But that's because I grew up playing games where the multiplayer was literally just a novelty extra.
LOL, I grew up in a time where online hadn't even been thought of. Most games even didn't have offline MP :D
Hicho9
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Hicho9 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:33 pm

New screenshots from Famitsu (Spoilers!). Looks great!

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/010/2 ... 7fed8.html
HaoKuaiDeJian
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by HaoKuaiDeJian » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:46 pm

More game play from the latest stage.

http://www.gamereactor.it/grtv/?id=23581
MasterRyukenden
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by MasterRyukenden » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:31 am

Ninja Gaiden 3 Xbox Magazine review

Official Xbox Magazine gave Ninja Gaiden 3 a score of 8 out of 10. Compared to the previous games in the series, the gameplay in the sequel has been streamlined and simplified due to changes like having only one main non-upgradeable weapon and health regeneration after every battle. The action-adventure game includes five difficulty settings, frequent quick time events (which can be turned off) in addition to the returning Ninja Cinema mode. Overall, the Official Xbox Magazine describes Ninja Gaiden 3 as "a noticeable step back due largely to all the gameplay decisions that are taken out of your hands." Even so, they mentioned that it is still among the finest action games on the Xbox 360.

I'm so mad!!!! Only one weapon and non-upgradeable!!!! :flame:
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:54 am

MasterRyukenden wrote: I'm so mad!!!! Only one weapon and non-upgradeable!!!! :flame:
The katana moveset will upgrade, but just at pre-set points based on Ryu acquiring new katanas in the story. It won't be under your control.

And yes, it's a puzzling, dramatic, severely damaging setback for the series that there is essentially only 1 moveset in the game. And maybe some DLC or some such bullshit. :whistle2:
dragon_rocks
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by dragon_rocks » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:30 pm

Bad news overall:
  • QTE’s can be turned off in the options menu, but are frequent throughout the game, from a slow- motion knee slide to slicing through enemies to using the Kunai climb.
  • Playing as Ryu makes you feel like a super hero as he is nearly unstoppable, meaning you won’t die as nearly as much as in previous games.
  • Five difficulty levels: Hero, Normal, Hard, Master Ninja and Ultimate Ninja.
  • Gone is every primary weapon save for Ryu’s single sword (You still have shurikens).
  • No yellow essence currency from killing enemies or opening chests.
  • You are stuck with a non-upgradable sword and Ryu’s health regenerates after each battle, so health restoring items have been excised.
  • Ninpo has become a use it or lose it perk that powers up during each encounter.
  • Limb removal is gone.
  • Campaign is split into eight days and the story runs circles around the other games.
  • Bosses are nowhere near as memorable or numerous as you’d expect from a Ninja Gaiden game.
  • Only one cameo from a Dead or Alive character, Ayane.
  • You can lower the difficulty at any point in the game.
  • Ninja Cinema returns.
ensatsu-ken
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by ensatsu-ken » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:07 am

Launch Trailer was just released: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/57690/ninja- ... h-trailer/

So, its mostly human enemies but then for some reason there is apparently some giant dinosaur thing chasing Ryu in one level. WTF?

Also the text in this trailer just screamed emo. It really didn't feel like something fitting of Ryu or a Ninja Gaiden game.

That said, the flashes of visuals and gameplay that weren't stuff that we had seen from already existing demos was kind of cool, though clearly there's nothing new to the mechanics past what we've already seen. Still, I'm going to pick this game up just because its Ninja Gaiden and I've been waiting long enough for a new NG game as it is. I already know it won't come close to the first 2 games, but I'm still mildly excited to have some new NG content to play through, as disappointing as it is that the series has taken a huge step back from previous games (IMO).
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:57 am

Mmm trailer looks good. Want now !
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:11 pm

^Don't worry, not long now. Whether this game lives up to expectations or not, I'm really looking forward to some fresh ninja action! I'm salivating at the very thought. :drool2:
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:34 pm

kosmos
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3

Post by kosmos » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:48 am

Famitsu review

[PS3] Ninja Gaiden 3: 9, 9, 9, 9

It looks like the claw and scythe weapons will be free DLC.
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:57 am

Thanks for the info, Kosmos. Thing is, if they're free, then why aren't they shipped with the game disc? :think:
kosmos
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3

Post by kosmos » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:44 pm

I don't know, from all the interview Hayashi sound like he don't know what to do with the DLC, maybe this is a way to say my game also has DLC, and it's free.
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:48 pm

Dark Hazuki wrote:Thanks for the info, Kosmos. Thing is, if they're free, then why aren't they shipped with the game disc? :think:
Free but probably requires the $10 online pass. Buy it used & want more weapons ? Buy our online pass first.
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:54 pm

Will you be getting an...*cough*..early version..*cough*..? :ninja:
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:56 pm

Yeah it will probably fall off the truck around Saturday.
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:05 pm

Tell that truck driver he's more than welcome to pass by my house. It's very bumpy outside. :smile:
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:09 pm

:razz:
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:00 pm

Dark Hazuki wrote:Thanks for the info, Kosmos. Thing is, if they're free, then why aren't they shipped with the game disc? :think:
Lots of people probably pegging NG3 for a good $20 used pickup. If they're only for MP it won't stop me from buying used, that's for sure.
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:07 am

kosmos
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3

Post by kosmos » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:13 am

Hayashi talked about some kind of surprise for the 360 version some time ago, do we know anything about it? or it was a "lie"?.