Post by Dark Hazuki » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:22 pm

Welcome to the site, Hicho9! :thumb:
HaoKuaiDeJian
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Re: Ninja Gaiden 3 News + Info

Post by HaoKuaiDeJian » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:52 am

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Enter a world of brutal combat and silent kills, of honor and betrayal, of desperate fights to stave off certain death. Become a ninja and compete against other shadows of the world.

Join with another ninja to take on co-op Ninja Trials. Learn from the best or show another rookie ninja the ropes as you take on some of the hardest team missions in the Ninja Gaiden series.

Then fight in Clan Battles against other ninjas from around the world. Experience all the action of Ninja Gaiden games online against real opponents.

Success online will earn experience and unlock new items to customize your ninja. Create your own unique shinobi to become the world's top ninja. You might even face the ultimate ninja himself - Ryu Hayabusa!

http://teamninja-studio.com/ng3/us/unmask/shadow.html
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:41 am

HaoKuaiDeJian wrote: Success online will earn experience and unlock new items to customize your ninja.
I really like the idea of that, but it would be nice to get experience in offline mode as well. I hope you can.
bodaaf
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by bodaaf » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:44 pm

Posted by mohsin117 at NinjaFortress:

Curious about training :D

BTW; I urgently need one of these!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae8LGQHFi_0 :coffeecup:
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:00 pm

Man, do I want one of those mugs!
Hicho9
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Hicho9 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:23 pm

bodaaf wrote:another not so positive preview

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/33 ... eneral-RSS

Depth may arrive in the full game (we only played a two-level preview) but for now it feels like Team Ninja have cut the heart out of this series. :pray:

Great to be here guys!

Thanks for that link bodaaf. This preview is pretty worthless and overly dramatic/sensational by far IMO. I really wonder sometimes if these people have actually played NG games or not. "Hollywood-worshipping"?? What the heck does that mean? And now NG3 is being criticized for being too bloody? Criticisms about some of the QTE-like aspects of NG3 may be perfectly justifiable, but to state things like the "game would rather you didn't play at all" just seems ridiculously exaggerated. And, yet again, the usual complaints about the NG camera. Sigh....

I appreciated Dracozombie's feedback on GameFaqs much more----his feedback seemed much more reasonable and balanced, pointing out the good and the bad.
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Hicho9 wrote:Criticisms about some of the QTE-like aspects of NG3 may be perfectly justifiable, but to state things like the "game would rather you didn't play at all" just seems ridiculously exaggerated.
I don't quite understand a lot of the QTE criticism, because to me it just looks like an OT. Yet no-one really complained about them. In fact, they went down pretty well. All that's changed is the button used to execute them. Of course, until we play it ourselves, we can't be sure either way, but personally I think it's a lot of fuss over nothing. At least, I hope so. After all, I've only seen a fraction of the content that most others have, so maybe I'm missing something.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Dark Hazuki wrote: I don't quite understand a lot of the QTE criticism, because to me it just looks like an OT. Yet no-one really complained about them. In fact, they went down pretty well. All that's changed is the button used to execute them. Of course, until we play it ourselves, we can't be sure either way, but personally I think it's a lot of fuss over nothing. At least, I hope so. After all, I've only seen a fraction of the content that most others have, so maybe I'm missing something.

My complaints are based around A) the removal of the risk/reward balancing of the 'finisher' mechanic and B) the removal of player control over when the mechanic is initiated.

Delimb -> OT was a two-tiered mechanic. In order to OT you had to delimb an enemy, which crippled them in some ways but made them much more dangerous in others. So there's a risk involved to get your nice tidy OT kill and i-frames, and you have to set it up by usually using an appropriate delimbing move/combo. It was further balanced by the fact that you could never get blue, red or green essence from OT (or UT) kills. Low on health, do you take the delimb->OT or stick to your combos and hope for blue? As witnessed in Survival, this made for a compelling mix of pressures on the player without ever forcing them to do it one way.

Now, all of the above is generally in the player's hands. As several players who've had hands-on time with NG3 are reporting, the SoB mechanic suddenly kicking in is entirely unpredictable and uncontrollable. There's no strategy involved in setting it up (via a delimb or something)- it just happens- and there's no strategy involved in using it vs. not - you don't even get a choice.

And failing it hurts you. Basically, you are routinely interrupted and forced down a pre-set avenue that ends in A)flashy kill or B) get countered. And that's it. I can't see how this won't cripple the enjoyability of the combo system.

Just my .02 on the SoB, don't mean to come down hard on ya... obviously I'm not a fan of the mechanic. And I hope, hope, hope that Very Hard/MN make it so it barely ever pops up (or does so in a predictable/potentially avoidable fashion) and then I really won't care. :shrug:
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Fair enough. You make some good points. :D
Ylva
Global Moderator

Post by Ylva » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Hicho9 wrote:And now NG3 is being criticized for being too bloody?
I believe their point was about that dumb attempt to just draw blood on the screen to be violent. What is it, Splatterhouse?

This review seems a lot more reasonable to me.

Essentially, what DracoZombie enjoyed in this game was shooting arrows at the boss, that's it. That's just pressing one button.
bodaaf
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by bodaaf » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:04 am

Dark Hazuki wrote: I don't quite understand a lot of the QTE criticism
I'm looking forward to NG3, because no doubt it will be better than most action games out there. I just really, really hate QTE's, in any game.

What concerns me most is that in multiplayer, getting caught in the SoB animation means button mashing to decide who wins. Mix in some latency, and people using "more equipped" controllers... a recipe for disaster. I was rather hoping for something similar to the clone battles in NG(B). Those were some of my favorite gameplay moments ever, especially on MN.

Anyway, in a month's time we'll know! Can't wait personally, because hey, at least it's still a new NG game :yeah:

Here's a much more positive preview BTW!

http://www.examiner.com/ny-console-game ... iew-part-1
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:56 pm

New gameplay vid:

Credit to GFAQs user m83youth for posting this over there, where I found it.

The good: New stage, Underworld Drop variant, very cool-looking boss.

The bad: Is there any actual gameplay in there? It's mostly scripted gimmicky bullcrap. :(
bodaaf
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by bodaaf » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:05 pm

ah men, look at these gorgeous screenshot's of the MP; they got me even more excited than the new gameplay movie (credit goes to ninjafortress' Female Tengu). Some of my favorite fiends returning from, euh, the dead :facepalm:

ShreddyBobby
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by ShreddyBobby » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:58 pm

Van Gelfs? I friggin' hate those guys! Hopefully they fixed the off-screen grab :pray:
HaoKuaiDeJian
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by HaoKuaiDeJian » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:05 pm

I can't wait to get my hands on this game, especially coop :silly2:
ShreddyBobby
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by ShreddyBobby » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:16 pm

I can't wait to read some reviews! :silly:
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:37 am

When's the game coming out? I'm out of touch with the release date, because i've been preoccupied with something else :oops:
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:07 am

End of March. 20th, I think?

Almost exactly a month to go.
HaoKuaiDeJian
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by HaoKuaiDeJian » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:41 am

I think It's the 23rd for EU.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Wow, time has just flown by. I didn't realize it was so soon. I hope it has lots of replay value, and it'll be good to play another Ninja Gaiden game. I've had just about enough of NG2 :smile:

And i'm getting a super fast internet connection installed on the 20th of this month. Just in time to flex some Ninja muscle in this co-op mode :headbash: :laugh:
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:25 pm

ShreddyBobby wrote:Van Gelfs? I friggin' hate those guys! Hopefully they fixed the off-screen grab :pray:
It wasn't broken, though... :razz:

Those non-flying Van Gelfs are really fun IMO.
ShreddyBobby
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by ShreddyBobby » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:27 am

I still get nightmares about off-screen grabs on MN :razz: :lol:
I really can't wait to see what you guys think of the game. I might even buy it if it has good multiplayer.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:49 pm

YES it seems that there are coop missions mode :clap:
bodaaf
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by bodaaf » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:52 pm

and Japanese language options has also been confirmed (if it wasn't already)
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:50 am

Good. 'cause if there isn't more variation in what the enemies say, I'll be playing it in Japanese permanently.