Ninja Gaiden 3 News + Info

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: March 20th 2012
HaoKuaiDeJian
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Re: Ninja Gaiden 3 News + Info

Post by HaoKuaiDeJian » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:03 pm

Murphy's Ghost wrote:That sucks, man. :-?

I apparently lucked into getting Lone Ninja, haven't even tried coop/MP yet.
I've had a few games with glitched achievements & even with patches they don't get fixed. It makes it worse that it's NG. I am annoyed haha.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Maybe delete your system file before you get too far or something?
HaoKuaiDeJian
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by HaoKuaiDeJian » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:27 pm

Murphy's Ghost wrote:Maybe delete your system file before you get too far or something?

I was considering doing that but the only thing that concerns me is if I erase something in coop & it messes up the rest of my progress. I think I might have lost out on arm armor because of it, though I can't be to sure. I'm at level 36 now. Once I beat MN & the Trials i'll more than likely try it.
Tizadin
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Post by Tizadin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:51 am

HaoKuaiDeJian wrote:
sneh wrote:
Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:Small info part for achievement hunters: difficulty achievements apparently don't stack. Starting on Hard and beating it doesn't unlock Hero/Normal. A shame, as in NG2 you could beat Warrior and get Acolyte as well.

Means you have to play through it 2-3 times more, depending if you got for Master Ninja too (or even the Ultimate Ninja DLC when it is out).
They don't stack but loading your last save on Day 8 works. Like if you beat it on Hard , just reload the last save & beat it on Normal then on Hero.
They stack on 360.

Do you guy's know about the glitched Loan Ninja Achievement? Before you play coop beat the first 10 mission before playing with a partner or you'll glitch the achievements like I have :flame:

i was told you just have to beat your karma score. Not sure if this is true yet. i'm scared now. :scared:
HaoKuaiDeJian
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by HaoKuaiDeJian » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:13 am

Tizaidn wrote:i was told you just have to beat your karma score. Not sure if this is true yet. i'm scared now. :scared:

I'm afraid that's not the case. I've beat it whilst getting better karma & I've beat it without dying. I'll probably do as MG suggested & delete my save files once I've beat the game.

Off subject.
I was going to add a MN run through to youtube, but Ninja Cinema is broke. I don't remember dying at the first fight. I died a few times at the fight just before the first save point. I checked NC but it hasn't recorded the first part.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:28 am

Excuse my ignorance, i am still yet to play this game. I just watched a video on Youtube that had Ryu wielding the Falcons Talons and the Scythe. I also saw Zedonius, Elizabet, Alexi and Volf. I guess the are rehasing NG2 bosses for the mission mode? Looked pretty cool imo.

I even saw Alma and Doku....wtf!

[BBvideo 425,350]
[/BBvideo]
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Post by JTB123 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:46 am

What was all that BS about not doing things "people have seen before"? F*** you Hayashi,

I'm wondering if the Talons will be the only decent way of fighting the alchemists, they're some random mofos.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:54 am

My bet is that they will put more weapons in soon. From what ive seen NG3's strengths lie in the missions. But yea, haven't really had a chance to play it at all.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Greater Fiend
Greater Fiend

Post by Ryu_Hayabusa » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:08 pm

Puregrunt wrote:My bet is that they will put more weapons in soon. From what ive seen NG3's strengths lie in the missions. But yea, haven't really had a chance to play it at all.
So-called trials are fun, but try to get 10 solo trials first for an achievement/trophy before heading online. Seems that this one is glitched.
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Puregrunt wrote:My bet is that they will put more weapons in soon. From what ive seen NG3's strengths lie in the missions. But yea, haven't really had a chance to play it at all.
The Claws are coming April 3rd , the Scythe 2 weeks after. No word on what DLC will be bring the returning bosses. The thing is common sense would say they would be added as missions , but Ryu is fighting them and you don't have Ryu for the missions , you have a scrub generic genric ninja.

http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/6449 ... -3/review/ 4/10
Ryu_Hayabusa
Greater Fiend
Greater Fiend

Post by Ryu_Hayabusa » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:22 pm

Does anyone know Itagaki's response/review of the game?
balbaid
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by balbaid » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:27 pm

Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:Does anyone know Itagaki's response/review of the game?
I'd love to hear his honest-non polite opinion on NG3.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Greater Fiend
Greater Fiend

Post by Ryu_Hayabusa » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:30 pm

balbaid wrote:
Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:Does anyone know Itagaki's response/review of the game?
I'd love to hear his honest-non polite opinion on NG3.
Same here. I can't imagine what he'll say when he sees his child butchered this way.
HaoKuaiDeJian
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by HaoKuaiDeJian » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:46 pm

HaoKuaiDeJian wrote:
Murphy's Ghost wrote:Maybe delete your system file before you get too far or something?

I was considering doing that but the only thing that concerns me is if I erase something in coop & it messes up the rest of my progress. I think I might have lost out on arm armor because of it, though I can't be to sure. I'm at level 36 now. Once I beat MN & the Trials i'll more than likely try it.

Cheers for putting this idea into my head MG :thumb:

Instead of deleting my save file I thought I would add my GT to the other 360 & try my luck there. It worked :D :yahoo:
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:07 pm

HaoKuaiDeJian wrote:
Cheers for putting this idea into my head MG :thumb:

Instead of deleting my save file I thought I would add my GT to the other 360 & try my luck there. It worked :D :yahoo:
Eh, think you would've tried it on your own. :razz:

That's cool, though, good that it worked! Would seem to also prove that the glitch is in the system file, eh?

How go the trials, got 'em all done yet? :wink:

Joystiq review, if we need any more:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/27/ninja ... -3-review/
HaoKuaiDeJian
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by HaoKuaiDeJian » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:32 pm

Murphy's Ghost wrote:Eh, think you would've tried it on your own. :razz:

That's cool, though, good that it worked! Would seem to also prove that the glitch is in the system file, eh?

How go the trials, got 'em all done yet? :wink:
I don't know why I didn't haha

tbh mate, I wouldn't know anything about thing like that. It's just good to know that it works.

Nooo, I''m only half way through mentor. I think I might wait until the claws get here before I do anymore though.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:34 pm

They seem pretty doable with the DS but its up to you.

I can't tell you how much I'm not having any fun *at all* on MN. I'd really like to just stop playing but I'd feel like it was a copout. The dropped dashes are so disgustingly frequent. :banghead:
HaoKuaiDeJian
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by HaoKuaiDeJian » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Murphy's Ghost wrote:They seem pretty doable with the DS but its up to you.

I can't tell you how much I'm not having any fun *at all* on MN. I'd really like to just stop playing but I'd feel like it was a copout. The dropped dashes are so disgustingly frequent. :banghead:
I want some FT gameplay, unless I run through them again with the them :think:

Yeah, I know most of you are not digging it. I know I'm in the minority, but I enjoy each aspect of the game :terror:
JAH
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by JAH » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:10 pm

Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:Small info part for achievement hunters: difficulty achievements apparently don't stack. Starting on Hard and beating it doesn't unlock Hero/Normal. A shame, as in NG2 you could beat Warrior and get Acolyte as well.

Means you have to play through it 2-3 times more, depending if you got for Master Ninja too (or even the Ultimate Ninja DLC when it is out).
On hard they do not stack but if you play on normal you will get the achievement for Hero as well. I did hard first and just got the mentor achievement. Loaded the last save again and switched the difficulty to normal and got both normal and Hero achievements.
JAH
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by JAH » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:20 pm

Puregrunt wrote:Excuse my ignorance, i am still yet to play this game. I just watched a video on Youtube that had Ryu wielding the Falcons Talons and the Scythe. I also saw Zedonius, Elizabet, Alexi and Volf. I guess the are rehasing NG2 bosses for the mission mode? Looked pretty cool imo.

I even saw Alma and Doku....wtf!

[BBvideo 425,350]
[/BBvideo]
Good to see my trusted 'ole Scythe! Can't wait to get my hands on that and restore order in the universe. :D
nek00
Newborn
Newborn

Post by nek00 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:18 pm

For all who has problems with lone ninja ach. simply choose a different save device at the title screen (Cloud, USB memory, et al) and play through Day Two. Once complete, you can head into Ninja Trials and complete the Acolyte trial set to earn this
bodaaf
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by bodaaf » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:51 pm

So we should have Claws DLC coming tomorrow :thumb:

Anyone have an idea when we get Alma and Doku missions or anything else that's juicy :pray:
Hicho9
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Hicho9 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:58 pm

This is a very good and thought-provoking commentary article from Gamasutra on NG3:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1678 ... ations.php

I think it is largely spot on and exactly right. Thoughts?
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:33 pm

Good read, yeah.

I'm gonna chew on it for a bit, but first reaction is he's pretty right on.
Keys Tarpon
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Keys Tarpon » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:44 am

Hicho9 wrote:This is a very good and thought-provoking commentary article from Gamasutra on NG3:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1678 ... ations.php

I think it is largely spot on and exactly right. Thoughts?
I would say that the author is an idiot. Dark Souls is inferior to Demon's Souls in nearly every way.