Administrator

Re: Ninja Gaiden 3 News + Info

Post by sneh » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:59 pm

balbaid
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by balbaid » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:37 am

NC looks broken to me. If you die between checkpoints, the game won't save the clip. I just played the first chapter and it only saved 3 clips out of probably 8. To clarify, if there are 4 checkpoints between saves, and you die at the third checkpoint, no footage will be saved prior to that checkpoint.
kosmos
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3

Post by kosmos » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:08 am

Got the game, played the 2 first days and................. I want to die.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the combat system, I can't say what it is, but doesn't feel like NG, I'm not talking about the shitty ninpo, weapons or anything like this, the simple fact of killing enemies, it's not the same anymore, it lack the strategy, the precission, I don't know. It's just "mashing buttons, watch flashy stuff and thats all.

The kunai climb is.... man they really thought that it was awesome because you are using it "all the time", in frikin bosses too!.

I'm so mad, specially because the doa5 demo it's so good, it feels like a step in the right direction, NG3 it 100 setps back, as much as people disliked NG2, it's a masterpiece compared to this.

If someone tells me that they outsourced this game to a shitty japanese company, I will believe it, even without Itagaki and some key people out, I can't believe they have lost the craft to make a NG game.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Greater Fiend
Greater Fiend

Post by Ryu_Hayabusa » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:50 am

Small info part for achievement hunters: difficulty achievements apparently don't stack. Starting on Hard and beating it doesn't unlock Hero/Normal. A shame, as in NG2 you could beat Warrior and get Acolyte as well.

Means you have to play through it 2-3 times more, depending if you got for Master Ninja too (or even the Ultimate Ninja DLC when it is out).
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:36 pm

Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:Small info part for achievement hunters: difficulty achievements apparently don't stack. Starting on Hard and beating it doesn't unlock Hero/Normal. A shame, as in NG2 you could beat Warrior and get Acolyte as well.

Means you have to play through it 2-3 times more, depending if you got for Master Ninja too (or even the Ultimate Ninja DLC when it is out).
They don't stack but loading your last save on Day 8 works. Like if you beat it on Hard , just reload the last save & beat it on Normal then on Hero.
balbaid
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by balbaid » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:38 pm

A few things I've noticed, the ninpo meter in some fights don't fill as fast as other fights. Same thing applies to UT. I think it's a cheap way to makes things harder. The control is unresponsive in some cases. slide+jump sometimes won't register and that makes ryu jump as if he's standing still ( noticeable when you slide and then jump the other direction ).

I'm currently on MN purely for the achievements. The combat system is broken. When there are 7 enemies around you and the only move that can kill them is Izuna Drop, you're damn right I'm gonna spam that. Did I say anything about the lag? It's just terrible. Well done, Hayashi. Oh the game's actual size is less than 4GB, the rest is padding to fill the DVD.

No matter how much I hate a person, I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Greater Fiend
Greater Fiend

Post by Ryu_Hayabusa » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:06 pm

sneh wrote:
Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:Small info part for achievement hunters: difficulty achievements apparently don't stack. Starting on Hard and beating it doesn't unlock Hero/Normal. A shame, as in NG2 you could beat Warrior and get Acolyte as well.

They don't stack but loading your last save on Day 8 works. Like if you beat it on Hard , just reload the last save & beat it on Normal then on Hero.
Yeah I've read that as well,so I'm going to use that.

@balbaid: same here, the ID is a surefire way to get through most of the fights unscatched.
kosmos
Ninja Gaiden 3
Ninja Gaiden 3

Post by kosmos » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:46 am

The guy how reviewed the game for IGN justify his score.

http://revision3.com/newchallenger/ninjagaiden
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Post by JTB123 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:38 pm

kosmos wrote:The guy how reviewed the game for IGN justify his score.

http://revision3.com/newchallenger/ninjagaiden
Thanks for posting that, I don't think he needs to justify it, 3/10 seems pretty on the money to me. The one thing people come to NG for has been ruined, how do you not give it a low score.
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:01 pm

It may not be the NG game most fans wanted, but 3/10 is way too harsh a score, whatever way you look at it. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but this game is certainly not a 3/10 in my book. :whistle2:

It's hard to see where else they could have taken the old combat engine, as NG2 pretty much nailed it. Sure they could have made NG3 more like NG2a, with a few nips and tucks here and there, but it just would have felt like more of the same - which personally I wouldn't have been that excited about. This series needed a new direction! And the more I progress into the game, the more it starts growing on me. But I'm only halfway through the game so maybe it's too early to tell.
mickstupp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by mickstupp » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Somebody call a doctor that man's suffered a head injury!
Ryu_Hayabusa
Greater Fiend
Greater Fiend

Post by Ryu_Hayabusa » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:25 pm

Dark Hazuki wrote:It may not be the NG game most fans wanted, but 3/10 is way too harsh a score, whatever way you look at it. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but this game is certainly not a 3/10 in my book. :whistle2:

It's hard to see where else they could have taken the old combat engine, as NG2 pretty much nailed it. Sure they could have made NG3 more like NG2a, with a few nips and tucks here and there, but it just would have felt like more of the same - which personally I wouldn't have been that excited about. This series needed a new direction! And the more I progress into the game, the more it starts growing on me. But I'm only halfway through the game so maybe it's too early to tell.
What difficulty are you playing on?
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Ryu_Hayabusa
Greater Fiend
Greater Fiend

Post by Ryu_Hayabusa » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:09 pm

sneh wrote:Image
?
ShreddyBobby
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by ShreddyBobby » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:21 pm

It's because DH doesn't hate the game :P
Ryu_Hayabusa
Greater Fiend
Greater Fiend

Post by Ryu_Hayabusa » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:38 pm

ShreddyBobby wrote:It's because DH doesn't hate the game :P
Meh, I don't hate the game either, I just don't think it is a true Ninja Gaiden game, only in name.
ShreddyBobby
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by ShreddyBobby » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Hate may have been too strong of a word.
Let's just say dislike.
black_ninja
Newborn
Newborn

Post by black_ninja » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:06 am

DH is easily impressed, he says so himself. So what if the game removes all the depth, exploration, smart enemy encounter design, upgrades, and weapons from the previous games? IT NEEDED A NEW DIRECTION GUYS! QUICK-TIME EVENTS! DYNASTY WARRIORS COMBAT! IF YOU WANTED A REAL NG GAME, GO BACK AND PLAY THOSE OLD GAMES, GRANDPA!
ShreddyBobby
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by ShreddyBobby » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:14 am

sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:21 am

Cool , a new low.
HaoKuaiDeJian
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by HaoKuaiDeJian » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:08 pm

sneh wrote:

They stack on 360.

Do you guy's know about the glitched Loan Ninja Achievement? Before you play coop beat the first 10 mission before playing with a partner or you'll glitch the achievements like I have :flame:
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:07 pm

They didn't stack for me on 360.
balbaid
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by balbaid » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:27 pm

I got hero and Normal achievements playing on Normal difficulty.
magx
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by magx » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:44 am

ShreddyBobby wrote:New review
2.5/10
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2012/03 ... -gaiden-3/
Lmao, just enough to outdo IGN. Coincidence? I doubt it.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:42 pm

balbaid wrote:I got hero and Normal achievements playing on Normal difficulty.
That's how it went for me.

I got "Mentor" for beating it on Hard. Reloaded last save on Normal, did it, got the cheevos for Normal and Hero.
HaoKuaiDeJian wrote: Do you guy's know about the glitched Loan Ninja Achievement? Before you play coop beat the first 10 mission before playing with a partner or you'll glitch the achievements like I have :flame:
That sucks, man. :-?

I apparently lucked into getting Lone Ninja, haven't even tried coop/MP yet.