Ninja Gaiden 3 News + Info

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: March 20th 2012
mickstupp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Ninja Gaiden 3 News + Info

Post by mickstupp » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:01 pm

"Ninja Gaiden 3 is all about accessibility." - I feel like I should stop reading.
"Rather than being a smart addition to your tactical arsenal, Ninpo is now a get out of jail free card as it wipes out all enemies and refills your health." - How is this a good thing?
"Every stage is simply a series of circular arenas linked together by quick-time events."

You know, that review didn't read like an 8/10. Felt more 6-ish to me.

I've decided this is only going to be a second-hand purchase for me. I don't want any of my money going to support this developer. The more I read the more it seems like that previous quote from Giantbomb was on the money: "This game doesn't feel like it is part of the same series as those other two games". - It may look like Ninja Gaiden, but it doesn't seem to be Ninja Gaiden.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Greater Fiend
Greater Fiend

Post by Ryu_Hayabusa » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:13 pm

sneh wrote:
Hicho9 wrote:Official DLC weapons gameplay trailer:

Doku , Alma , Volf , Lizabeth , Zedonius , Alexi , O_O , I wonder if they come with the weapons DLC , because I unlocked MN Ninja Trials and they aren't there...there is one more difficulty I need to unlock above MN though. I need like 450,000 more Karma points to unlock it.
While it looks positively awesome, I must admit that all of the moves of these new enemies are straight copies from NGB/NG2. Kind of disappointing.
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:15 pm

Yeah can't say I'm excited to fight them , just wodering where they're hiding.

Edit:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605993-n ... 3/62300250

Broken CE figures & Online Passes still giving invalid code error :thumb: Most likely they will fix the Online Pass codes today but stores on the east coast have been open for a few hours , I don't think it's too much to ask to have the codes working on release day morning. BTW there was a title update for it this morning.
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:28 pm

mickstupp wrote:It may look like Ninja Gaiden, but it doesn't seem to be Ninja Gaiden.[/b]
I honestly think the best chance you'll have of enjoying this game is to just forget the other NG's exist. If only temporarily. It seems the reviews swing pretty wildly one way or the other; the more you want it to be NG, then the more it looks like you'll be disappointed.

I still think, despite reading all the comments and reviews, that I'm going to get some enjoyment out of the game. I'm so desperate for an action game to play, especially one with ninjas, that I'm perfectly willing to just accept it as exactly that - a ninja action game. And hopefully a pretty enjoyable one. Even if it is pretty "weak" compared to the other NG's. I guess I'll find out for myself soon enough. Just a few more days of total ignorance, and then I'll have a more valid opinion. :D
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:12 pm

"NINJA GAIDEN 3 "Story Mode" DLC Weapons (Eclipse Scythe & Falcon's Talons) coming on April 3rd. Free of charge."

https://www.facebook.com/tecmoeurope
magx
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by magx » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:16 pm

sneh wrote:"NINJA GAIDEN 3 "Story Mode" DLC Weapons (Eclipse Scythe & Falcon's Talons) coming on April 3rd. Free of charge."

I am also wondering if the bosses are part of this DLC. They do not make that clear.
Hicho9
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Hicho9 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:17 pm

sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:34 pm

magx wrote:
sneh wrote:"NINJA GAIDEN 3 "Story Mode" DLC Weapons (Eclipse Scythe & Falcon's Talons) coming on April 3rd. Free of charge."

I am also wondering if the bosses are part of this DLC. They do not make that clear.
I'm close to unlocking what is presumably the last Ninja Trials difficulty , if they aren't there they are probably bundled with the DLC should know in a little while.
dragon_rocks
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by dragon_rocks » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:43 pm

If the old bosses are not already in the disc and are really part of the free DLC pack then it screams of their desperate attempt to lure the core NG fans.
magx
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by magx » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:54 pm

dragon_rocks wrote:If the old bosses are not already in the disc and are really part of the free DLC pack then it screams of their desperate attempt to lure the core NG fans.
Quite possibly, yes, unless it was planned from the outset. But ya, I was thinking the same thing. The might have started working on them a few months ago when the negative impressions really started circulating.
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Unlocked the last Ninja Trials difficulty and they aren't there , they must come with the weapons DLC.

Ultimate Ninja difficulty bosses
Spoiler:
3 Fiend Genshin after BSN

2 Regent of the Nask after various waved

3 Fiend Ryus after regular Ryus
Spoiler:
magx
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by magx » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:48 pm

sneh wrote:Unlocked the last Ninja Trials difficulty and they aren't there , they must come with the weapons DLC.

Ultimate Ninja difficulty bosses
Spoiler:
3 Fiend Genshin after BSN

2 Regent of the Mask after various waves

3 Fiend Ryus after regular Ryus
Thanks for the info, sneh, although your image link appears to be broken.
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Fixed it.
ShreddyBobby
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by ShreddyBobby » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Are ninja trials fun?
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Not really :razz: I'm done with them until the weapon DLC , unlocking the last batch was all that kept me going.
ShreddyBobby
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by ShreddyBobby » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:16 pm

:lol:
I hope none of my friends buy this game. They know I like NG, but I don't want to play this whenever I see them.
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:12 pm

ensatsu-ken
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by ensatsu-ken » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:47 pm

So, the current Metacritic score for the PS3 version of the game is a 60/100 (for comparison, it was a 94/100 for NGB and an 81/100 for NG2). Keep in mind that this is based on only a few (less than 10 in total, I believe) review scores, so I have no doubt that it will change drastically as more polarized reviews come out for it, but I think its clear to see from this that this game will overall get a significantly lower average reception among critics than past NG games did.

Now, I personally don't care much about what critics think (I especially don't rely that much on some letter or number score to determine whether a game will be good or not), but I do know that a lot of people check Metacritic ratings for games before deciding on a purchase, and I have a feeling that a lot of the more casual NG fans will fall into that boat. Now I just wonder how Hayashi will respond to the obvious general disappointment among the mass majority of both series' fans and critics alike. The evidence is there so he can't deny that this game was just overall seen as a far inferior sequel to Itagaki's games, and unlike with Metroid: Other M, he can't rely on blaming Nintendo for its shortcomings, so this time he's all on his own.

What's more interesting is to see how Itagaki will respond to this game if he ever gets around to playing it.
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:06 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/20/ninja ... ne-passes/

Can't even get that right & yeah mine still says invalid.
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:11 pm

I really don't like the idea of this 'online pass' thing. You've bought the game, surely that should be enough.
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:15 pm

sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:55 am

What the hell did i just see. I am worried now. You fight a T-Rex? I know NG has always been pretty far out there with the enemies etc, but a dinosaur? That just doesn't seem original to me at all. Being accessable seems to be the main driver here, and i have no doubt this is a tactic employed by Tecmo and Team Ninja to simply generate more sales, because it appeals to the casual gamer more. I saw someone playing MN mode and it looked easy. NG2 is simply brutal in comparison, even NGS2 is harder with its OHK's.

I dont know about this. The important thing with making a transition to a new game is, keeping enough familiarity with what works well and adding in new ideas. Not completely changing its dynamics. Ryu is there, but that seems to be all. There really should be de-limbing. The only reason Hayashi added in blood is because there was so many complaints with NGS2. So by adding it back in, he may hope to engage the existing fan base enough to make sales. Making it easy, attracts a new data base of customers, and ultimately alienates the old ones. We want a challenge, so you implement a balls out hardcore Master Ninja mode, and make a Ninja Dog one for the noobs, just like NGB.

Hmmm
sneh
Administrator

Post by sneh » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:03 am

Puregrunt wrote:What the hell did i just see. I am worried now. You fight a T-Rex?
A T-Rex that you wait for to slip and fall on its own and then go attack it's head...thrilling stuff.
magx
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by magx » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:23 am

sneh wrote:
Puregrunt wrote:What the hell did i just see. I am worried now. You fight a T-Rex?
A T-Rex that you wait for to slip and fall on its own and then go attack it's head...thrilling stuff.
How incredibly compelling, eh?