Finally Beat This Game

PLATFORM: PS3, Xbox 360; RELEASE: March 20th 2012
reim0027
Administrator

Finally Beat This Game

Post by reim0027 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:16 pm

I figured I should play through it once. And, I did last night. Did days 3-8. I liked some of the different cut scenes. That's about it. Whip out the Scythe and press S to win. That's all that needed to be done. It is slow and not responsive. This truly is the DMC2 of the NG series. It makes me appreciate NGRE much more. That game is great and I'm glad they made it. More weapons, more fighting options, more everything.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Re: Finally Beat This Game

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:44 am

I sort of like the flip-the-bad-guy -> SoB move from NG3 and a couple other things. (The ability to windpath off a guy's head and then instantly reverse direction and Flying Swallow-stab murder him was fairly broken but VERY COOL.)

But yeah, RE is a major improvement in basically every way that counts, for me.
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Post by julius-ruler4 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:34 pm

Well MG, I fully agree with you. The instant death with the BotAas a single weapon is a little bit too OP IMO. IIRC, I think BigAlski made a whole playthrough of NG3 on UN difficulty. And he even tells it is kinda repetitive.

If I can say this freely: drop UN and keep MN the highest difficulty
Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:58 am

Amen, to that reim.

I still have a UN run of this junk on my back burner. I will get around to finishing it, more as an F*** you to the game to show it who's boss, but strangely other things sidetrack me...
:)

I would have liked to be a fly in the wall inside your brain to experience the games in reverse order, for all my issues with NG3, I can't imagine experiencing it after razors edge (you did do RE first right?)

NG3's relationship to RE is like having a one night stand with a girl and getting her pregnant. You regret the one night stand (NG3)and the fact that there is a pregnancy, but once the kid is born (RE) you just love it so much that you accept the one night stand (ng3) as a necessary evil to get you something you love (RE).

I'll just stop now....
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:10 pm

Yeah, I did do RE first. I did the first day on RE, got NG3, went to the first save and stopped (having a save on NG3 unlocked a costume on RE). Then, I beat RE many times, restarted NG3. I beat Day 2, and had to stop, couldn't take it anymore. That was 10 months ago.
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Re:

Post by Dark Hazuki » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:06 pm

Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX wrote:NG3's relationship to RE is like having a one night stand with a girl and getting her pregnant. You regret the one night stand (NG3)and the fact that there is a pregnancy, but once the kid is born (RE) you just love it so much that you accept the one night stand (ng3) as a necessary evil to get you something you love (RE).
:laugh2: ...so true.
Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:12 pm

reim0027 wrote:Yeah, I did do RE first. I did the first day on RE, got NG3, went to the first save and stopped (having a save on NG3 unlocked a costume on RE). Then, I beat RE many times, restarted NG3. I beat Day 2, and had to stop, couldn't take it anymore. That was 10 months ago.
Yeah, that sounds about right. I did my first playthrough on hard when it came out. Didn't touch campaign again until I started UN (didn't want to do MN too, rather just do it once).
I did put some time into MM with my brother as the net code was half decent this time (could never get sigma 2 working properly online)
Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by Xx-SKULL-ONE-xX » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:14 pm

Dark Hazuki wrote: :laugh2: ...so true.
It made sense in my head, I am glad someone else understood