Master Ninja playthrough (OLB, no-Ninpo, no-item, no-UT)

PLATFORM: PS3; RELEASE: September 29th 2009
Ylva
Global Moderator

Re: Master Ninja playthrough (OLB, no-Ninpo, no-item, no-UT)

Post by Ylva » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:36 am

They spawn 3 times as you deplete Zed's health, IIRC? You only have to deal with that in Ch9. In Ch12 you can stay away from them on other island.
I say take a break and try to come back to it later. Maybe you'll figure out something.
MuffinMan123
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by MuffinMan123 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 am

maybe you can try dual katana 360T everytime he summon gajas and try to shave his health as fast as you can before the gajas get you?
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:55 am

Ylva wrote:They spawn 3 times as you deplete Zed's health, IIRC? You only have to deal with that in Ch9. In Ch12 you can stay away from them on other island.
I say take a break and try to come back to it later. Maybe you'll figure out something.
Yes you right, they spawn at 100%, 50% and 30% of his health. Yea I know about that glitch where you can jump away to another island in chapter 15(12), if I can manage to reach that level it will be piece of cake killing him.
MuffinMan123 wrote:maybe you can try dual katana 360T everytime he summon gajas and try to shave his health as fast as you can before the gajas get you?
its not enough the safest I can get is 1 360T and if I dont move ASAP I get hit by a claw or tail from those gajas, sometimes they spawn right beside him and hit me even before they appear.....they're so incredibly cheap, beside my DCFT is at level 2 so it doesnt make much damage.

I figured so much that fighting Zed while the Gajas are still alive is out of questions. So I need to kill them first.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:54 pm

Still getting my ass kicked......man I never noticed how freaking intelligent those Gajas are.....its first now I realized that. No mercy at all....they dont understand recovery frame or i-frame they just keep attacking and frustrating enough getting you right when you cant do anything. So much happening we're talking about a high level of multitasking here----- :picard:

Iam calling it a day.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:02 pm

Man Iam tired of this.......everything can screw you up here, the camera which miraculously and in a split of a second let you jump toward Zed while he throwing his fireball with subsonic speed. I really hate when the game do that. Gajas doesnt get launched in the air and you get punished, because you're in the air without i-frame. ID doesnt always kill a Gaja........ (50% chance)

I should have upgaded the Lunar instead of the tonfa, so Iam redoing the level quickly. I really hope getting the Lunar to level 3 will finish those Gajas in 1 ID each.

EDIT:
OH SHIT the save-file I have is from the beginning of chapter 9 :cry:........so I have to get through Armadillo too FOR GOD SAKE :banghead:
Ylva
Global Moderator

Post by Ylva » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:40 pm

What level is your Scythe? I assume you can't jump XXY Zed. But probably it would work on Gajas. Don't know how this might work, but when you are about to land, you can probably switch to BotA in mid air and finish with 360Y for i-frames.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:28 pm

Ylva wrote:What level is your Scythe? I assume you can't jump XXY Zed. But probably it would work on Gajas. Don't know how this might work, but when you are about to land, you can probably switch to BotA in mid air and finish with 360Y for i-frames.
It doesnt work, I tried it. I have the scythe on level 2 and it doesnt do much damage (I doubt it will be any different in level 3, IIRC they have weaken this weapon considerably compared with NG2), secondly the 360T do not have 100% i-frame, the i-frame start when he descend with the swords (DCFT) downward, so you are vulnerable in the beginning and when you finish (the recovery frame is long).....thats the weak point of the dual katana, thats why its ineffective against minions because they are very fast (specially Gajas).
Another thing is, even if this work in form of giving much damage, its a long combo, and thats mean you gonna stay longer in one spot which also means FIRE-BALLS SPAM :(

This is really a VERY tough battle, its actually designed so you can use Ninpo or UT to the victory. You first realize how tough and near cheap this battle is, when you try to do it face-to-face only using normal combo. But Iam not giving up. Iam going back to redo chapter 9 and 10 so I get my Lunar to level 3 and hope that atleast help a little.
MuffinMan123
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by MuffinMan123 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:43 am

how about claw >SSS? you are moving around while having i-frames. you should be able to avoid fireballs this way, but you are not free from his aerial body drop
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:05 am

MuffinMan123 wrote:how about claw >SSS? you are moving around while having i-frames. you should be able to avoid fireballs this way, but you are not free from his aerial body drop
Exactly Iam not free from his stomp. That combo has also a long recovery frame. I tried it out Its not practical at all, almost every attack can hit me, plus those Gajas are freaking intelligent.....did they have the 6th sense or something, how can they read my next move :confused: they reading my next frame-input perfectly sometimes.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Got to him again. the armadillo fall pretty fast this time.

Its not much noticeable from level 2 to 3, but it seems like the chance they get killed from an ID is higher now, thou they can still survive. I connected my ps3 to my TV and I can see Iam making progress, there is no 0,2-0,3 input delay anymore and this means alot.
Last edited by iraqoz on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:00 pm

Killed him :D and captured it with HD :yahoo:
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:06 am

Chapter 10
Cool chapter nothing too hard except for the boss battle.

Boss Battle:
As mentioned I redid the chapter to upgrade the Lunar. It wasnt much of an improvement I was expecting more but it was ok it gave me that little boost.
in one point of the video it look like I was hit by his ground stomp, but actually I dodged it and in the same time got hit by Gaja's tail, and thats why I got damaged a little (20%) if that was a direct hit from that stomp I would have died instantly.
When I killed the last Gaja I got kinda nervous and when I switched back to the DCFT I dashed toward Zedo while he started his flame-ball-throwing :facepalm: .........I was actually lucky that I got hit by the first flame-ball, because the first flame ball cause surprisingly a very little damage :shrug: comparing with 2nd, 3rd and 4th which drain 80-100% of your health.......that was very close :knackered:

[align=center][youtube]
[/youtube][/align]
Last edited by iraqoz on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MuffinMan123
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by MuffinMan123 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:58 am

oh yeah I complete forgot about this.

you can do lunar izuna drop with just air SST. it may take to 2 of it to kill a gaja, but it's way easier to do because it can interrupt even their air attacks.

also, 360T on zedonius body pound is not as strong as doing dodge wind run because you can do TTTT after the wind run and deal more damage. also you can do >hold T inbetween zedon's melee attacks and deal even more damage because he can't counter attack you like volf does.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:52 pm

MuffinMan123 wrote:oh yeah I complete forgot about this.

you can do lunar izuna drop with just air SST. it may take to 2 of it to kill a gaja, but it's way easier to do because it can interrupt even their air attacks.

also, 360T on zedonius body pound is not as strong as doing dodge wind run because you can do TTTT after the wind run and deal more damage. also you can do >hold T inbetween zedon's melee attacks and deal even more damage because he can't counter attack you like volf does.
The SST is a good move, but its risky specially if you fighting Gajas, Imp or IS-ninja. Because it doesnt connect sometimes and you get punished, but yes its a good counter combo against their air-attack. I found out that the most effectiv way to dodge Gaja's tail-whip is to ATTACK IMMEDIATELY simply a counter attack like SST, but you have to be fast.
So I only recommend using SST as a counter move otherwise you really need to time it, and I really dont know the timing exactly. But STSST is your move.

I know about the dodge wind followed by TTTT, but for some reason I couldnt dodge his stomp 100% :think: I always could do it 100% of the time, but here he sometime get me even if I dodge perfectly. I didnt really understand why maybe its just me being rusty :whistle: ...... So to counter any unlucky and cheap thing the game throw at you I choose to be on the safe side. And beside as long as I kill those DAMMN Gajas, it will be only question of time to finish him off, so I rather take my time.

The same goes for >T(Hold).....I used to do it all the time when I play MN03, but here I choose to dont risk that because he sometimes doesnt get stun (very rare thou). I can actually also do another thing like countering his first hit and follow it by TTTT, its much more effectiv but again I redid that fight so many time so I choose to be on the safe side and also because I just recently learned about the counter so Iam not very good at it, or just havent had much experience to master it yet.

And actually in the video he was very aggressive he spammed the flame-ball like crazy :scared: (has anyone of you experienced when he do flame throwing right after you interrupt his first flame throwing with a FS :surprise: YUP Iam sure did...can it get anymore cheap than this ? :naughty: )
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:09 pm

You beat Zed? Nice job man. :thumb:
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:21 pm

reim0027 wrote:You beat Zed? Nice job man. :thumb:
Thanx Reim.....man I was happy and satisfied in the same time :cheer: :yeah: :yahoo:
MuffinMan123
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by MuffinMan123 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:01 pm

pretty sure lunar air SST is guaranteed. it's because they are taller than human enemies. I think the only time it might not connect is when they are doing tail whips, but for every other of their attacks, it works.
Ylva
Global Moderator

Post by Ylva » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Nice Zed kill.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:17 am

MuffinMan123 wrote:pretty sure lunar air SST is guaranteed. it's because they are taller than human enemies. I think the only time it might not connect is when they are doing tail whips, but for every other of their attacks, it works.
hmm...I dont know maybe its only me, but I cant seems to executed it 100% of the time. Actually as I said in my previous post its very effective against Gajas tail whip, but you need to act fast, also your reaction has to be fast.
Ylva wrote:Nice Zed kill.
Thanx Ylva :thumb:
MuffinMan123
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by MuffinMan123 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:43 am

sorry I meant the tail grab, that's the only time they crouch down
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:10 am

Maaaan Ayanes chapter is tough :picard: I really hate when you doing flawless the first 3 encounters to just die instantly from an IS-splash 5 meters from you :banghead:.......this is cheap they didnt fix that in NGS2. I still mean the IS splash is the cheapest things in NG2 and NGS2 (thou its ridiculous in NG2).......I dont mind if you get stuck with 3-5 IS...its annoying but not cheap as to to get hit from a splash which barely touch you......this is more than BS :banghead:
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:07 pm

For Ayane, if you spam FS, it is almost a guaranteed win.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:58 pm

its dangerous to spam FS I get hit from those IS-ninja....they have a tremendous healthbar. But its effective against the werewolfs.
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:25 pm

Chapter 11
Aaand its done :wink:
A tough chapter, but wasnt as tough as I remember it was. Reaching the first save-status was hard but the the hardest thing is those 3 IS ninjas in the market.....OMG the place is narrow and if you by accident get near a terrace or a wall (its inevitable) and suddenly an IS explode you will get hit even if you are far away or in the air...its ridiculous....this is one of the things that really make me angry.
Another thing...I dont really know what happend in 15:42 and 15:43..........it seems like it was a cut in the editing. I went back to raw file and it seems like it was actually a cut when I was recording, so sorry for that.

Enjoy its a HD-recording :)

[align=center][youtube]
[/youtube][/align]

YESSSSS finished with the girls chapters :yahoo:
Ylva
Global Moderator

Post by Ylva » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:46 pm

Already over with the hardest parts, well done.