XxPuregruntxX Survival videos on Youtube

PLATFORM: Xbox 360; RELEASE: June 3rd 2008
Puregrunt
Administrator

Re: XxPuregruntxX Survival videos on Youtube

Post by Puregrunt » Fri May 23, 2014 5:25 am

I spent a long time practicing fighting them, to the point i can reach about a 90% success rate. It's all about the iframes. Ryu has so many. Even the Flying Swallow provides them. When you watch my videos you can see i'm always using the wind run (X+A). If you get tagged with an IS, all you do is wait for about 1-2 seconds, use it and Ryu is invulnerable to damage. Since the enemies are constantly trying to swarm you and exploit your recovery you need to abuse it a lot, if you want to make it far in Survival. Obviously the Ultimate Techniques keep you invincible as well, at least while you're in them anyway. I like using the 360 Y single and double charge UT for the dogs and lots of on landing attacks. They are easily the hardest enemy in Survival, followed closely by Mechs and Fiend Mages. The Guillotine throw is another easy iframe move. It kills and keeps you safe from damage. Using that on Fiend Mages is a must.

All in all, you have to memorize these iframes, keep moving non-stop and charging through with UT's and keeping the multiplier up with 20+ combos as much as you can. I think a lot of people freeze up because they're getting swarmed by the AI, and that's largely because they aren't doing enough damage quickly enough. You can't let the AI co-ordinate attacks. You have to be on top of them constantly so they don't get a chance to think.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Fri May 23, 2014 6:10 am

I cant see half the shit going on sometimes ha, today I made to FG but got wrecked by mages -.-

I get grabbed, explode in air and I shit you not ryu falls towards another mage who was delimbed and he catches me mid air and kills me LOL

Hey purge any tips on the gaga n black spider ninja wave? Thats the wave where I lose most my HP

I use the BOTA btw
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Fri May 23, 2014 9:46 am

The first Genshin fight is the hardest, you want at least one Windblade Ninpo for those mages.

I can help, for sure. Right now im busy doing a new OS install on my PC so im using my phone, ill give more detail later on when my computer is up and running properly :ninjabow:
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Fri May 23, 2014 5:10 pm

Puregrunt wrote:The first Genshin fight is the hardest, you want at least one Windblade Ninpo for those mages.

I can help, for sure. Right now im busy doing a new OS install on my PC so im using my phone, ill give more detail later on when my computer is up and running properly :ninjabow:
Ok thx very much :thumb:
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Fri May 23, 2014 9:10 pm

Hey purge if I do a run of Survival with DS and post it do you think you can watch it and tell me what I am doing wrong and how to improve?
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sat May 24, 2014 1:56 am

Yeah man, post away :cool3:
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Sat May 24, 2014 2:01 am

Puregrunt wrote:Yeah man, post away :cool3:
ok awesome thanks going to take like 110 minutes to upload to youtube ffs :headbash:
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Sat May 24, 2014 4:31 am

Here you go Puregrunt
[youtube]youtube.com/watch?v=bpJFo-46wQA[/youtube]
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sat May 24, 2014 4:01 pm

There's quite a few things going on with this. The first is that you need to be a lot faster. There's many instances where you need to prioritize which enemies you target first. Like when you fight the Giant Mech with the Fiend Mages. Target the Mages first, because there's only one Mech on screen and you can pretty much keep tabs on him the whole time, whereas there are many Mages to keep track of, kill them first. Try to start each incoming wave with a charged UT, the best way is to absorb the last essence from the prior wave, so that way the next waves enemies won't spawn on top of you. Just keep your eye on how many enemies there are, so you know if there's only a few then the next wave is very near.

There was a red essence that you used for an UT at the start of the Red Dragon/IS Ninja wave. I would have absorbed the essence then switched to the Wind Blades Ninpo, annihilating all the attacking Ninja. That way you could have (potentially) generated some blue essence and would have less to deal with.

Try using the OL 360Y (Gleaming Blade) with the DS against the Fiend Dogs, then follow through with XYXXX (B) OL 360 Y. So you're doing the Izuna Drop animation, but instead of hitting the Y to do the piledriver, you're throwing the Windmill Shuriken and as you're landing you lead into another 360 Y. It does way more damage than triple Flying Swallow and it's a lot faster. The speed in which you fight is whats keeping you from maintaining a 5x multiplier. Keeping the speed and momentum going saves time and gives the AI less time to take advantage.

In the very first wave, you really want to focus on getting that 5x karma burst, then during the next wave and the next, you won't have to worry about collecting as much green. Even just one green per wave (as long as you have the 5x already) and you're getting through the waves fast enough.

I would not worry about score, and instead i would just work on memorizing the wave patterns, which enemies spawn and how i can kill them as fast as possible to begin with. Start each wave with the UT, get those OL projectile kills with the WS and abuse i frames.

Survival is ball bustingly hard, and takes quite a while to get the hang of it. You'll need lots of time and patience.

Good luck.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Sat May 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Ok thanks so much :thumb:
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Sat May 24, 2014 5:52 pm

So I took your advice and managed to get 3.2 million karma BUT FKNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I was izuna dropping a mage then another one appeared out of nowhere and grabbed me in my recovery and I died :cry:
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sun May 25, 2014 12:20 am

Fiend Busa wrote:So I took your advice and managed to get 3.2 million karma BUT FKNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I was izuna dropping a mage then another one appeared out of nowhere and grabbed me in my recovery and I died :cry:
3.2 Million is solid man. LOL, that's Survival for you. The Mage's are just horrible to fight, they teleport, throw fireballs, pop up underneath you...the works. They team up against you as well. Probably one of the worst you'll encounter besides the Fiend Dogs. You just have to keep plugging away at it. There's a part in DS Survival where i have the upper hand against Genshin, and in like 2 seconds two Mages stun me with 2 consecutive fireballs leaving me open to attack and Genshin takes most of my lifebar....... :banghead:

When i did my 17 million DS run, I died as i was coming down from an Izuna Drop. When Ryu completed the animation, as he was getting to his feet a Lycan grabs me, punches me and strips about 50% of my lifebar off, instantly killing me, and i still had one Grain to use. Didn't even get a chance to access the inventory. It's so hard, and can be extremely frustrating at times, but let me tell you, it's the most rewarding play you'll find in NG2.

At times you get the feeling the AI is simply pushing the "Win" button on you, like there's no escape. That's why you gotta play aggressive and unpredictable. I wrote a Survival guide that stickied on the NG2 index that you can read if you want.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Sun May 25, 2014 12:26 am

Puregrunt wrote:
Fiend Busa wrote:So I took your advice and managed to get 3.2 million karma BUT FKNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

3.2 Million is solid man. LOL, that's Survival for you. The Mage's are just horrible to fight, they teleport, throw fireballs, pop up underneath you...the works. They team up against you as well. Probably one of the worst you'll encounter besides the Fiend Dogs. You just have to keep plugging away at it. There's a part in DS Survival where i have the upper hand against Genshin, and in like 2 seconds two Mages stun me with 2 consecutive fireballs leaving me open to attack and Genshin takes most of my lifebar....... :banghead:

When i did my 17 million run. i died as i was coming down from an Izuna Drop. When Ryu completed the animation, as he was getting to his feet a Lycan grabs me, punches me ans strips about 50% of my lifebar off, instantly killing me and i still had one Grain to use. Didn't even get a chance to access the inventory. It's so hard, and can be extremely frustrating at times, but let me tell you, it's the most rewarding play you'll find in NG2.
THE FUCK, 17 million karma!? holy moly
Im sweating just to get 2 million at least LOL
[youtube]
[/youtube]
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sun May 25, 2014 12:35 am

Yup, those Mages are bad. You can see that other Mage closing in as you're right in the middle of the ID animation. It knows there will be a small frame of recovery it can exploit, so essentially there won't be any escape as you can't defend against it. If you had just one blue essence, you would've survived it. In that scenario, i would have stuck to the GT, being that there was only 2 on screen. Or if i had some energy, i could take the risk with the Izuna Drop.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Sun May 25, 2014 12:44 am

Puregrunt wrote:Yup, those Mages are bad. You can see that other Mage closing in as you're right in the middle of the ID animation. It knows there will be a small frame of recovery it can exploit, so essentially there won't be any escape as you can't defend against it. If you had just one blue essence, you would've survived it. In that scenario, i would have stuck to the GT, being that there was only 2 on screen. Or if i had some energy, i could take the risk with the Izuna Drop.
I really wish they had patched all this shit when NG2 came out especially the IS spam
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun May 25, 2014 3:22 am

LOL. You're going through exactly what PG went through (and still goes through). So many things to think about at one. It takes practice and it will become more and more on instinct.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Mon May 26, 2014 8:17 am

Hey Pure I was so close to FG wave but Le Mech killed meh

Soon FG, we will fight! :kungfu:
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Mon May 26, 2014 2:38 pm

Consistency is the key here, keep going and once you get past Gensin on a regular basis you can start racking up some serious karma. I've been practicing the TDS pretty hard in preparation for my 18 million run, and i'm convinced i can break 6 million in the Acolyte round! It's gonna take a while for me to get back into full swing, but so far it's looking promising.

I love this ElGato capture device, it's totally awesome.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon May 26, 2014 4:08 pm

I'd have gone through a dozen controllers to get to that stage. But, it sure does increase the skills, doesn't it?
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Mon May 26, 2014 6:32 pm

Hey guys so I managed to get to FG my first try today

Couldn't see shit, got underworld dropped then I died from 1 flame shurkien lawl :headbash:
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Mon May 26, 2014 6:58 pm

[youtube]
[/youtube]
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Tue May 27, 2014 12:18 am

Ok i am able to reach FG now fairly easily but his fight is very annoying with the mages, the camera just always screws up and I can't see shit lol
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:15 am

IIRC, the following FGs don't have mages. So, this is the hardest one.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Tue May 27, 2014 8:54 am

Thats right, all subsequent rounds have only one set.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Tue May 27, 2014 11:05 pm

Hey purge im having trouble on FG wave I simply can't see anything with the stupid fkn camera

any tips?

btw I got new record 3.5mil! I am uploading it atm

does NG2 have a free camera option during boss fights?