XxPuregruntxX Survival videos on Youtube

PLATFORM: Xbox 360; RELEASE: June 3rd 2008
Puregrunt
Administrator

XxPuregruntxX Survival videos on Youtube

Post by Puregrunt » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:01 am

I decided to lump these videos into one thread, that way they are more accessible and easier to find in the forum for those who would like to see them. All these videos are captured Ninja Cinema's from Ninja Gaiden 2's online leaderboards. The idea is to showcase the passing of each round, and what it takes to get through them. Each round consists of 14 waves of enemies and an encounter with fiend Genshin at the end. As you pass each round, the difficulty increases. Staring with the Acolyte round, then to Warrior, Mentor and finally Master Ninja.

When you complete the Master Ninja round, it restarts again on the Master Ninja difficulty. Each round difficulty is represented by specific scores from the NG2 soundtrack.

Acolyte: "Confrontation"
Warrior: "Thundering Peril"
Mentor: "Foul Power"
Master Ninja: "Twisted Shadows"

Apon completing each round, you are rewarded with one Grain. Supplies are limited to: 30 arrows, 30 incendiary shurikens and one Ninpo slot. You have the use of the Windmill Shuriken, which is unlimited.

As i get each one done, i will upload them to my Youtube channel and then link them here. I still have to do Kusari-Gama, Vigoorian Flails, Tonfa and Lunar. I'll keep this updated as i progress.

[youtube]
[/youtube] [youtube]
[/youtube] [youtube]
[/youtube]

[youtube]
[/youtube] [youtube]
[/youtube][youtube]
[/youtube]

[youtube]
[/youtube]
reim0027
Administrator

Re: XxPuregruntxX Survival videos on Youtube

Post by reim0027 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:17 pm

That's awesome PG!
iraqoz
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by iraqoz » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:43 pm

Very good bro.

I really enjoying watching those videos......LEARNING so much. I simply cant wait to play those survival missions.

I remember there was survival guide by CannikinX in IW, but I guess its lost. It will be a great idea if you can make a detailed guide about every survival mission.
I sure love to read it because right now those rounds seems chaotic to me.
UltraViol3nt
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by UltraViol3nt » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:16 pm

As I said in the survival missions thread, this should definitely be here. Anyone looking to tackle NG2's survival should absolutely check these out. PG has dissected these missions like no one else has, and on a NG site, this is an essential resource.

Also, if you haven't put a significant amount of time into survival, you are really missing out. IMO survival is the most fun part of NG2, and that is saying a lot.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:51 am

I could do something like what Cannikin did iraqoz, no problems. I think essentially, the same principle applies to every mission, the weapon changes but the methods are the same. But i can most definitely whip up a reasonably detailed run down of how to tackle this mode, that would greatly benefit those looking to get better and excel at Survival. It can be part of these HD videos, a bit like the icing on the cake? :cool3:

I wonder where Cannikin is these days, i haven't seen him in ages.

:ninja:
Tommy Hayabusa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Tommy Hayabusa » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:20 am

Freaking epic. Love these videos man. Amazing work on these survival missions. No one will beat you legitimately.
vmd50
Archfiend
Archfiend

Post by vmd50 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:48 am

It might be old news, but its impressive to get past the MN round and find out what happens after. Is it MN again after the second Master ninja round?
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:52 am

vmd50 wrote:It might be old news, but its impressive to get past the MN round and find out what happens after. Is it MN again after the second Master ninja round?

Once you beat the first MN round (the 4th cycle), it then re-starts on the same difficulty. If one were to beat the second MN round (the 5th cycle) i would assume it just keeps going on MN. Getting to the 5th cycle would be absolute madness. :surprise:

Tommy Hayabusa wrote:Freaking epic. Love these videos man. Amazing work on these survival missions. No one will beat you legitimately.
Thanks bro. Just wait until you see my next video, the Kusari-Gama...it will be the most ridiculous run yet! :ninja:
UltraViol3nt
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by UltraViol3nt » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:51 pm

I am displeased with your lack of progress. *Punches PG in the face* Get cracking, or you'll make me very angry! (You wouldn't like me when I'm angry)
Massaca
Splatter Witch
Location: Free "Prisoner" at the Demon King's Castle (NSW, Aussieland)

Post by Massaca » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:46 pm

OH SNAP!
Bar fight?

Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:06 pm

Lawlz. It's coming.... such a work of art takes time. It must be near perfect before i release it. Trust me though, its coming and it will be bad ass.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:43 pm

UltraViol3nt wrote:I am displeased with your lack of progress. *Punches PG in the face* Get cracking, or you'll make me very angry! (You wouldn't like me when I'm angry)
:bitch: :bitch:
UltraViol3nt
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by UltraViol3nt » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:42 am

Master PG wrote:Lawlz. It's coming.... such a work of art takes time. It must be near perfect before i release it. Trust me though, its coming and it will be bad ass.
Cool. Just trying to give you some motivation, bud :smile:
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:30 pm

You should update the first post with all of your 10 million run videos. Have you thought about doing commentary for them (I can't remember if you did or not).
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:19 pm

I don't have the equipment to do a commentary, but i can update it with the right HD videos. I will start writing the Survival guide tonight after work.

:thumb:
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:14 pm

Hmm. If I knew all the ins and outs, I have the equipment to do the commentary. But, I never got into survival. I haven't even beaten the first round on any weapon.
vmd50
Archfiend
Archfiend

Post by vmd50 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:29 pm

I would like some commentary for survival. I also only got the 2 million for all weapons, and didn't finish the acolyte round. I think the furthest i got was to genshin with the tonfa.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:09 am

One more video and the list will be complete :thumb:
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Tue May 20, 2014 12:12 am

Doing the BOTA one and I always die around 2 million karma, sigh im so noob xD
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Tue May 20, 2014 2:44 am

PG kicks major ass in Survival. But, he has hundreds of hours playing it.
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Tue May 20, 2014 6:19 am

Its all in the wrists..... :ninja:

:laugh2:
FullSpe3D
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by FullSpe3D » Tue May 20, 2014 7:44 am

Fiend Busa wrote:Doing the BOTA one and I always die around 2 million karma, sigh im so noob xD
Lol, you're a bit like me. I found the regular missions on Master Ninja to be pretty straight forward (besides 8 and 14), but getting 2M with every weapon in Survival really started testing my patience.

What's killing you? It's always the dogs that get me :hmm: Even if they don't kill me I'm usually going into the next wave in pretty bad shape. Or I just get too obsessed with killing stuff and never notice the green essence timer going down until it starts flashing red.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Wed May 21, 2014 2:27 pm

FullSpe3D wrote:
Fiend Busa wrote:Doing the BOTA one and I always die around 2 million karma, sigh im so noob xD
Lol, you're a bit like me. I found the regular missions on Master Ninja to be pretty straight forward (besides 8 and 14), but getting 2M with every weapon in Survival really started testing my patience.

What's killing you? It's always the dogs that get me :hmm: Even if they don't kill me I'm usually going into the next wave in pretty bad shape. Or I just get too obsessed with killing stuff and never notice the green essence timer going down until it starts flashing red.
The fiend dogs or the fucking dragons argh im so mad thinking about the fucking dogsss!!!! XD
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Thu May 22, 2014 2:15 am

The fiend dogs are just brutal, even on Acolyte. You need to be very fast, dodging, and using Ryu's iframes to maximum effect. You can't even give those dogs a moment to pin you with an exploding shuriken or do the dreaded pounce and suicide bomb.

Be fast, be unpredictable and chain those UT's.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Thu May 22, 2014 7:20 pm

Puregrunt wrote:The fiend dogs are just brutal, even on Acolyte. You need to be very fast, dodging, and using Ryu's iframes to maximum effect. You can't even give those dogs a moment to pin you with an exploding shuriken or do the dreaded pounce and suicide bomb.

Be fast, be unpredictable and chain those UT's.
God everytime I hear that kamakze howl, I pee a little