Chapter 11 MN no UT run on NC, sort of.

PLATFORM: Xbox 360; RELEASE: June 3rd 2008
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Chapter 11 MN no UT run on NC, sort of.

Post by Kazama Jin » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:24 pm

First of all, I apologize, this is only my third post, I do not mean to just join this site and post this run, I've definitely joined to join the community. I am not trying to just spread this around to show off, I figured some of you guys might be interested in this, and I'd also like to discuss some stuff concerning chapter 11 MN no UT, if people would like to mess with it some.

I recorded a Chapter 11 MN no UT run with the BotAF on ninja cinema a while ago, and posted it on gamefaqs. I say 'sort of' in the topic title, because I didn't know NC only records the first half hour, so that's all that the run consists of, is the first 30 minutes..However, that includes everything that's important, it ends about 4 minutes after the multiple rasetsu fight. Here's the post from gamefaqs, including my rank info and some info about the run:

"Finally, I can say that the first 30 minutes of this Chapter 11 run I did is on ninja cinema. I uploaded it, and watched it from the leaderboards, and it worked fine, the whole 30 mins.

Tag: susamajii2, I should be 1740 on the leaderboards, last I checked. If you don't feel like looking for it, send me a friend request if you want to see the run.

*The aspect ratio is 4:3, it most likely won't work unless you change it to 4:3 before you download it*

The run info is, Chapter 11 MN no UT, ninpo allowed, BotAF only, and I may have used some IS to take out archers later on in the run, but that's passed the 30 minute allowed cinema time limit.

But there's not really a reason to watch an entire run anyways. It's a whole lot of 360Y->OT, as you will find out, provided ninja cinema doesn't screw this up.

Yes, this ninja cinema segment includes the Rasetsu fight, though it's not as impressive as it may sound, it's just alot of ninpo.

notes:
-The only encounters I really screw up are a IS ninja stair fight, and the fight after that with mages. I really forgot about the ToV1 strategy for some reason. Though, this run was my first time playing chapter 11 all the way through in a while, so I was more surprised that I even got that far. There's alot of things I forgot, like the rule about never fighting anything on the stairs. :T

-As stated, this was my first time playing the entire chapter 11 in a while, so I forget to get kureha's room key, and waste a bunch of time. So you can laugh at that. :T

-As far as strategy, as you will quickly notice, there's really only 3 or 4 moves I found I wanted to use. 360Y, air shuriken cancel Y,Y, and ->Y into air shuriken cancel Y,Y or izuna, or just ->Y,Y. The FS can be used, but I get messed up using it 50% of the time, you have to pick your spots.

I have finished chapter 11 no UT ninpo allowed with the talons, and the BotAF. I am pretty sure I finished this run, but I am not entirely sure. The talons run ninja cinema apparently didn't save. which sucks. I'll do another one sometime.

Hope this NC works for everybody. "

Hope you guys like it.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Re: Chapter 11 MN no UT run on NC, sort of.

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:00 am

No worries, man. Thanks for posting! :wink:

I definitely recommend giving this a look if you get a minute, NG2 fans.

It's more of a technique exploration than a straight show-off / kick everyone's ass sort of vid (though multiple asses *do* get kicked); some very solid stuff. I'm gonna have to watch it again, went looking for my Notepad file I scribbled my observations in, but couldn't find it. Musta deleted by accident. :facepalm2:

Ah, well, it's a good watch, anyway. :ninjabow:

I really need to find a way to get 6-7 GB free and install NG2 again. It runs like ass on my 360 uninstalled; I basically haven't played in a year due to that, even Mentor slows down like crazy. :banghead:
Shigurui
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Shigurui » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:47 am

Always interested in checking out no UT stuff. I'll have a look for it next time I play NG2, oh and welcome to Archives man. :ninjabow:
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:23 am

Nah murphy's ghost, you don't have to watch it again, the shit is long as hell, I appreciate the views regardless.

Shiguru if you do take a look, let me know what you think, I'd be curious from someone who's interested in noUT stuff.

I don't think I'm being all that innovative at all, as the sigma 2 folks would probably agree with me. Abusing 360Y is in their nature, all I did was use it on one of the harder levels on 360 NG2.

However I do think it's alot more fun to use 360Y in this regard in 360 NG2 simply because of:
-OT% is higher = more I-frames = 360Y links with OT = less reliance on UTs
-way more enemies in general
-throws don't do enough damage to alter the decision to block and counter, also encouraging counter->OT

Sigma 2's 360Y is clearly developed to destroy the bosses from what I could tell, but I had alot of fun applying the same idea to NG2. Afterall, in no UT play, 360Y seems to set up other moves with less priority, opening up space, etc. It's the same with the talons and ->Y.

Anyways, if anybody wants to discuss this stuff I'd be glad to, I know I'm several years late talking about this. :T
Ylva
Global Moderator

Post by Ylva » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:00 pm

What? You died on the third wave.
Massaca
Splatter Witch
Location: Free "Prisoner" at the Demon King's Castle (NSW, Aussieland)

Post by Massaca » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:45 pm

^That's because you're set in 16:9. The game plays [slightly] differently between 4:3 and 16:9 so anyone playing in 16:9 can't watch 4:3 replays because the difference kills the player. 4:3 players can watch 16:9 replays though.
Kazama Jin
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Kazama Jin » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:39 am

Yea, NC messes up if you don't switch to the correct aspect ratio. I really need to record it and just youtube it. :T
Ylva
Global Moderator

Post by Ylva » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:58 am

Ah I see. That explains some other NC showing a stupid deaths.

By the way, everybody should watch NC of ShowR18 there (around 800 on the LB). Elizebet vs Tonfa. O_____O
This is just beyond my comprehension.