360 VS X1X mechanics

PLATFORM: Xbox 360; RELEASE: June 3rd 2008
PinnacleInSync
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

360 VS X1X mechanics

Post by PinnacleInSync » Sun May 31, 2020 1:32 pm

I've watched the vid posted in a different thread but this didn't address the input lag question (or maybe other aspects). It has been a year and I'm wondering if there is more info out there. I also heard something about toning down some aggression here and there.

Is there a significant difference to the gameplay experience compared with the 360? It looks crisp and gorgeous, but how much do the little tweaks influence the original gameplay?
Farnham The Drunk
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja

Re: 360 VS X1X mechanics

Post by Farnham The Drunk » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:18 pm

the input drop is still present, but it is not NEAR as bad as on the 360... less inputs get eaten due to the consistent 60 fps, but the game also feels a lot harder cause there is no slowdown to give u a breather to think... to my knowledge there are no tweaks at all to the gameplay... ofc i cant say for sure, all i have is my experience with the game over all these years...
overall i can say the game feels better and harder... thats it imo
PinnacleInSync
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by PinnacleInSync » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:30 pm

Thanks for the input :) In that case it might be a good thing in my opinion. On ToV1 I have a lot of delays in just about every OT. I'm not sure if it's my 'old' 360 or my controller. Can't wait to try it out on a newer console. Probably going to wait for the series X still though.
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Post by JTB123 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:08 am

Just wanted to say welcome back Pinnacle :thumb: Always great to see a user post that hasn't been on in a while.

Like Farnham said the performance is significantly better on XB1/XB1X. I play NG2 on an S myself and it's night and day compared to the 360. Survival mode can finally be experienced without the biggest enemies being the frame rate and dropped inputs.
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by Royta » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:38 am

NGII just has the best experience on the Xbox One imo. The biggest changes being:

- no more crashes and a lot of bugged chests that would crash certain Xbox's are now fixed as well;
- solid 60fps. Depending on your model it can still lag here and there, but the One X will only ever lag if you decide to spam Scythe UTs at the staircase and nowhere else.

The toned down agression is hearsay, same with the upped enemy agression. Ninja Gaiden 2 doesn't tie enemy agression to frame-rate as far as I know (other wise we'd have noticed it in NGII on the 360 for sure).

The biggest flaw is the dropped inputs. While it isn't nearly as bad as in the vanilla version, it's still there from time to time. It got hyped up really bad early on though as the Elite controller had issues with the game, making it drop nearly 1 in 10 inputs consistently. This was fixed. The only reason I still have my 360 is Genma Onimusha and NG2004. If you want to play NGII, seriously, get an X1X. Great investment. Or wait for the Series X.
PinnacleInSync
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by PinnacleInSync » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:31 pm

Thanks both JTB and Royta for the info. And yes, good to be back :thumb:

I really want to upgrade, but now it's close to the series X release. From what I've read, it's going to be a lot more gamer oriented than the original Xone was. So I'm probably gonna wait for that.

I feel my 360 is struggling and my controller is old and has a constant deviation in the left thumbstick. Oh well, good practice :headbash:
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by Royta » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:03 am

One thing that might be interesting, is that the Series X will probably not improve on NGII further. So if you just want that game, I'd say wait for the Series X's release and then buy an One X since it will probably drop in price.
PinnacleInSync
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by PinnacleInSync » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:07 pm

Well yes, I'm going to choose between upgrading my pc or upgrading to a new console. The series X so far seems to be a very decent bang for your buck, but I have to wait and see how things play out.

Buying a cheap X1 might be an alternative , if the new RTX series are as promising as they sound, meaning even the low-mid range cards going to be strong and I might be able to get both. I've bought an original Xbox for NGO and the 360 for NG2. Since the series X also promises to stay BC for lots of games and promises 60fps 4k, it's interesting for sure.
And I'm also starting to dislike the rampant cheating going on on PC.