Ever played the game with Voice Only?

PLATFORM: Xbox 360; RELEASE: June 3rd 2008
XNinjaRed
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Ever played the game with Voice Only?

Post by XNinjaRed » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:35 pm

Hey guys, haven't been here for a long time, but didn't want to make a big deal about me being back and all that, because if I did that this would be an annual occurence XD

So anyway, after having played this game for ages I decided to play around with the options in ways I never did before.

So I turned down the volume of the Music and Sounds to 0 while turning up the Voice to 100.

Now all we hear is whatever the voice actors yelled out into the microphone in their sound studios, and it is glorious XD

It's especially hilarious when you do an Izuna Drop, as the 3 slashes you do to the mid-air enemy makes them do a rythmic "Ooh!" "Ah!" "Ohh!" sound which sounds pretty funny when you don't have the sword slash sounds with it :laugh:

What's funny is that this made me realize that there are in fact 2 voices for the Black Spider Ninjas, and they actually keep it consistent.

Like if you attack BSN1 he would consistently have Voice Actor 1 while BSN2 would consistently have Voice Actor 2. Originally I thought they just all pulled their soundclips from a universal library of Black Spider Ninja Voices, but I guess each individual Black Spider Ninja has an actual voice assigned. Kinda surprising to me.
vmd50
Archfiend
Archfiend

Re: Ever played the game with Voice Only?

Post by vmd50 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:40 pm

That seems entertaining. I never thought about turning off the other sounds before. Maybe you could make a video having fun with that. :biggrin:
XNinjaRed
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by XNinjaRed » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:31 pm

Sadly I kinda lost my ability to properly record my gameplay, so someone else will have to do it ^^;

If someone DID record gameplay like this, though, this is a good way to record the character's dialogues without all the background noise and music and such.

I dunno, make a ringtone out of it :P

*Someone calls*
"My path leads through the land of the dead..."
- Ryu
Massaca
Splatter Witch
Location: Free "Prisoner" at the Demon King's Castle (NSW, Aussieland)

Post by Massaca » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:39 pm

... Thought this was gunna be about somehow struggling through with voice controls >_>

Anyways, now that you've mentioned it, does sound like it could be hilarious. Or really annoying lol.
I could record it but man, I haven't played in sooo long.
ShreddyBobby
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by ShreddyBobby » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:02 am

^I was expecting the same. Some crazy mofo did it for Dark Souls. I can imagine NG2 being more challenging...
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:06 am

Great idea. I'm going to have to try that.
XNinjaRed
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by XNinjaRed » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:27 am

ShreddyBobby wrote:^I was expecting the same. Some crazy mofo did it for Dark Souls. I can imagine NG2 being more challenging...
I don't think it's really THAT much more challenging than usual. Many of the attack cues of enemies are via their voices in combination with the sound effects, so really, it's pretty much just the same, if not actually a bit easier since the voice is now completely isolated. Of course it could indeed be a bit more difficult for some fiends in which their grunts count as sound effects.