Master Ninja, ng+ story mode by iconoclast575

PLATFORM: Xbox 360; RELEASE: June 3rd 2008
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Master Ninja, ng+ story mode by iconoclast575

Post by Ninja Noob » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:01 pm

A high level, very fun playthrough from a month ago, all weapons showcase, minimum spam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZdno-EIYFY

the other videos are in the channel, or you can click in the "next video" youtube section.

Watched chapter one: no ninpo or healing items used, very little damage taken, ut when needed, Heavenly Justice cancels :awesome:

Edit: this is the kind of playthrough that makes me realize I've NEVER PLAYED THIS GAME BEFORE. This is definitely the intended way to play: no items, no ninpo, minimal ut. That's so much to learn from videos like these, makes me think I should get back to NG2 in the future and learn to play for real.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Re: Master Ninja, ng+ story mode by iconoclast575

Post by Ninja Noob » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:34 am

Watching the chapters in mixed order. There's some ninpo in certain spots, but it's still a great run. Watching chapter 5, basically there's only very minimal ut usage and no fast delimb moves, he kills werewolves and gaja's with combos from different weapons, including the Tonfa and Kusari Gama.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:08 am

Gonna have to watch them later. Thanks for the link.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:20 am

You're welcome, I just hope this hasn't been posted already. To me, it's really worth watching though.
Sotherius
Pillbug
Pillbug

Post by Sotherius » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:00 am

I'm also interested in looking this one deeper.

I'm curious to see how some bullshit momments, i mean more "challenging" segments were done though...
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:57 am

@Sotherius: yes. in fact I'm watching the chapters in mixed order. Though I'm amazed that he actually does the full combos, he basically play this game like you would play Razor's Edge. I'm strating to think that I never understood this game properly.

About your post in the Razor's Edge section: I think you should contact Fiend Busa or Kagerasimaru.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:19 am

Watched chapter 1. Very good. I'll watch chapter 2 later.
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:07 am

Ninja Noob wrote:@Sotherius: yes. in fact I'm watching the chapters in mixed order. Though I'm amazed that he actually does the full combos, he basically play this game like you would play Razor's Edge. I'm strating to think that I never understood this game properly.
Well I can give you my 2cents regarding that...

Did you play Survival? Once you try to get good at it you realize how little you know about NG2, or at least that happened with me. Hell, I remember when I tried some of the Dlc Missions like the 12th and realized I didn't know how to fight most bosses properly after +300 hours and mostly relied on gimmicks. That was a huge wake up call for me. Playing Survival and the Missions Dlc gave me most of my knowledge about enemies/bosses, and also helped me improve my execution a lot. There is some stuff like the Heavenly Justice cancels or the advanced stuff that you can do with the BotA (which made it it my favorite weapon) that I would have probably never learned if not for that.

So, yeah, you can go play some Survival thinking you are good because you got through Master Ninja and then get destroyed when you realize you can't kill Rasetsu without charging UTs, or beat the red dragons because you never really knew how to fight them in the first place.

That said, you can learn most of NG2 just playing campaign a lot, however is not the same as being locked in an arena against waves of every enemy in the game and without relying on items or safe spots. In situations like that you have to rely in what you really know, and execute it properly. One mistake and is over. Even after writing all of this I don't think I'm making NG2 the justice it really deserves, is hard to put it in words, is more like an experience you've to take when you think you are ready to take things to the next level :ninja:

I think people with experience like Puregrunt or JTB would probably adopt a similar playstyle like Iconoclast if they decided to make a run just for fun/recreation, besides, regarding western players it doesn't get much better than these guys.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:24 pm

Yes I'm not saying that Puregrunt or jtb can't play like that, people here are amazing players! I hope you guys didn't misinterprete the sense of my post. The reason why I don't mention these guys is that there are threads already.

I played several missions and I like mission mode and survival. Though, I never put a decent amount of time into them since I like to play the campaign over and over for some strange reasons...
Sotherius
Pillbug
Pillbug

Post by Sotherius » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:56 pm

So, i saw most of chapter 11 (the chapter that made me decide that NG2 is my least favorite on the series), and... he did the rasetsu gauntlet just as well as anyone ever did, burning all the ninpo available. And he did re-use the save spot before it, which he said he wouldn't do in the run, but honestly, is in the path, so is not a problem.

Still impressive overall, with some really clutch momments here and there.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:04 pm

Ninja Noob wrote:There's some ninpo in certain spots
:-)

Yeah he uses ninpo and ut's here and there but still an impressive run. The most impressive thing I've seen so far, though, is Kazama Jin MN Ch.11, he did all the chapter no ut and no ninpo (except the dogs) including Rasetsu fight without dying a single time during a stream.

Though, I posted this because it's still a very skilled run and it's so much fun, and runs by other players are already been discussed.