No Damage bosses/Mission Mode

PLATFORM: Xbox 360; RELEASE: June 3rd 2008
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

No Damage bosses/Mission Mode

Post by H.Smoke » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:52 am

How's everyone?

This is a thread that I wanted to make back then when I was playing NG2 intensively but never did so now that I'm playing again after some months -and I'm in the middle of a Mentor run that I started to warm me up- the idea popped again.

Basically I want to know about No Damage strats for bosses (Genshin, Alexei, Volf, Zedonius & Elizabeth [I don't think the rest is worth mentioning]). Back then I was able to ND most of them up to Mentor but in most cases it involved loops with the Flails/Lunar. Genshin was truly the only one that was fun enough to try and ND him fair and square.

So what I got so far (this is all related to my Mentor -and maybe MN too- runs because in Acolyte/Warrior is not really that hard to ND fights since you can inflict a lot of damage):
Spoiler:
Genshin: TLR (>XXXXXX) with the Claws or Lunar's XXY, of course, the main thing about NDing this guy is about timing and movement so it is a bit pointless to list these but oh well, I find those combos to suit me best against him

Fiend Genshin: :bolt:

Alexei: Flails loop

Volf: Lunar's UT destroys him. I've been close to ND him with the Claws and the BotA, to no avail. A bit mediocre perfomance from my part here honestly -I recall a way to ND him with the BotA involving XY[hold] (purgatory slash?), can someone help me here?-

Zedonius: ? -I remember NDing him with either the Lunar's XXY or the WotV combo with the Claws (can't remember) but the AI was pretty tame that time

Elizabeth: Flails loop (1st fight), poor's Genshin corpse (2nd fight) -I think there was a way to loop her with the Claw's FS as well?-
That's it for now. Every other method (either a loop or a legit way to approach a fight) someone wants to post will be appreciated.
Last edited by H.Smoke on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Massaca
Splatter Witch
Location: Free "Prisoner" at the Demon King's Castle (NSW, Aussieland)

Re: No Damage bosses

Post by Massaca » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:11 am

Alexei, Volf, Zed and Fiend Genshin, courtesy of KumarAb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xatujcZkOJw
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:48 am

Massaca wrote:Alexei, Volf, Zed and Fiend Genshin, courtesy of KumarAb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xatujcZkOJw
Jesus Christ how did I never come across this guy videos? Amazing stuff, how many tries something like that could have taken?
Massaca
Splatter Witch
Location: Free "Prisoner" at the Demon King's Castle (NSW, Aussieland)

Post by Massaca » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:17 pm

Well...
Ok, I'm finally back to NG2 after a short stint with Bayonetta. What better way to brush up mechanics than fighting all bosses in a row eh? I'll also get going with the rest of the MNM No Hurt run vids, which have been on hold for sometime now.
Prolly not many lol.
I think I asked him somewhere about one of these and pretty sure it wasn't many tries.
Zed and Volf are trivial. Alexei is easy until the last little berserk bit but he ended that before it started. IIRC that's pretty tough to do?
Dunno about Genshin.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:19 pm

I have always had troubles with bosses. Those videos are amazing.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:49 pm

BoTA is best for no damage attempt on Greater Fiends because of its high damage and iframe moves which are 360Y, Forward X and UP YY (The second Y has iframes when Ryu is coming down). Tonfa is great too.

Alexi:
If you match your 360Y Tonfa attack with Alexi attack you can kill him in 20 seconds or less thats luck dependent though but still very effective method
Bota for fastest kill you can match your 360Y with his attacks and it will rape him.

Volf: Loop him with Forward Y BoTA/ Forward Y shuriken cancel into 360Y is also extremely effective and very fast

Zed: BoTA Forward T/360Y/TTTT -> If he does his long punch combo you can do forward T shuriken cancel 360Y

Liz: You can loop her with guard reset or you can do 360T BoTA

Genshin: Stunconfirm Tonfa Forward Y into Forward YY dash cancel (A I think it was) into 360Y
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:50 am

Fiend Busa wrote:
Spoiler:
I knew the Tonfas could wreck bosses with this combo, but I've never been able to pull it off consistently :(

Also the BotA might as well take the "boss killer" nickname from the Scythe. I didn't realize you could abuse some of its moves for iframes + massive damage that easily

Speaking of which, this video I found here was one of the strats I was talking about before (stunlocking Volf with the BotA) but I don't quite grasp how he did it :confused:

http://www.twitch.tv/dreagledr/v/33035290
reim0027 wrote:I have always had troubles with bosses. Those videos are amazing.
I can't say I have had a lot of fun with most of them but the one boss I despise is Elizabeth because how weird its hitboxes sometimes work.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:34 am

H.Smoke wrote:
Fiend Busa wrote:
Spoiler:
I knew the Tonfas could wreck bosses with this combo, but I've never been able to pull it off consistently :(

Also the BotA might as well take the "boss killer" nickname from the Scythe. I didn't realize you could abuse some of its moves for iframes + massive damage that easily

Speaking of which, this video I found here was one of the strats I was talking about before (stunlocking Volf with the BotA) but I don't quite grasp how he did it :confused:

http://www.twitch.tv/dreagledr/v/33035290
reim0027 wrote:I have always had troubles with bosses. Those videos are amazing.
I can't say I have had a lot of fun with most of them but the one boss I despise is Elizabeth because how weird its hitboxes sometimes work.
There is no trick to stunlocking volf, when he is vulnerable to an attack just keep mashing forward Y haha :thumb:

He breaks out of it sometimes so be careful!

umm for Genshin, are you making sure not to aim your analog anywhere when doing A to cancel into 360Y? Ryu moves to the direction that your analog is facing when you do the dash cancel with Tonfas. You could try the method I posted, it's a lot easier to do since you can stunconfirm, and it does a fair bit more damage.
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:58 am

Fiend Busa wrote:umm for Genshin, are you making sure not to aim your analog anywhere when doing A to cancel into 360Y? Ryu moves to the direction that your analog is facing when you do the dash cancel with Tonfas. You could try the method I posted, it's a lot easier to do since you can stunconfirm, and it does a fair bit more damage.
Maybe? To be honest I didn't try it these days. Just recalled that I tried it back then when I first started playing and never really got the hang of it.

I'm a bit sad though, because I made this thread to gather information about ND bosses for the Karma Missions on the DLC (which I never started playing until now), but they have minions on Warrior, Mentor and Master Ninja, and that makes things a bit more difficult to handle :facepalm2:
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:32 am

Halfway through Mission Mode on Master Ninja and I don't really think I'll be finishing this sadly, too much cheap stuff to handle. However I've been stuck on Mission 12 (one of the few abstractly fun missions) for a couple of hours because I realized I don't know how to fight Alexei properly :facepalm2: In Mentor I always stunned him to death with the Flails but I realized in MN you don't actually stun him instantly with Flying Swallow so I had to change the approach. Now I fight him with the BotA and I can reliably get him to his cheap form without taking too much damage, but once there he annihilates me because 90% of the time he decides to just spam the near unavoidable tornado.

Farthest so far have been Volf lol and I always get killed because the camera is absolutely against you in this mission because like the battles with Genshin in Survival the round arena and fast action make the camera absolutely useless. I'll have to get used, once I get the hang of it I know I can beat Volf easily, but the massive damage he inflicts on MN makes me a little nervous.

Not looking forward too much because if Elizabeth is like Alexei and doesn't get stunned easily I'm already dead because fuck fighting her legitimately :banghead:
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:32 pm

If I can beat MM on MN, anyone can do it. Keep practicing and keep at it. You'll get it.
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:28 am

After days trying and failing miserably I finally beat Mission 12 on MN.

I can't tell hoy many tries it took me, I must have spent hours there. Hardest part without doubt was surprisingly Volf & Zedonius. That dash Volf does is absolutely retarded. He can do it almost at any time, is hard as fuck to dodge at point blank (if not impossible) and it does a lot of damage. Zedonius was a bitch until I realized (damn I slow) that you can beat him with BotA 360Y almost mindlessly like Alexei :facepalm2:

Having a look at MM and only 10, 13 & 14 are left. Honestly I'm not looking forward to any of them :ninja:
reim0027
Administrator

Re: No Damage bosses/Mission Mode

Post by reim0027 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:37 pm

I remember the last few missions I beat. They were a royal PITA. I know what you are feeling.
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:06 am

reim0027 wrote:I remember the last few missions I beat. They were a royal PITA. I know what you are feeling.
I finished Mission Mode on MN yesterday.

Last missions went pretty smooth to be honest. The two that consisted on killing 100 enemies were even a bit fun. The first one must be one of the more assholish designed missions though. You can shoot the giant fans but you can't make them stop like in storymode, and the archers/RL ninjas spawn around there so you have to be careful with your movement (ofc I found GT to be the most efficient way to kill them). It remembered me a bit of Survival because you've to learn the waves a bit.

Mission 10 is, personally, the worst of all. Not because it is the hardest, but because is annoying as fuck. Bunch of the hardest enemies to fight + you've to beat Dagra Dai at the end on top of everything + terrible arena to fight :hmm:

Mission 12 was the hardest. The rest were mostly more annoying than hard. That said, I'm not playing Karma Missions again, what a drag.

At least I learned a lot playing this mode, I'll give you that. I want to put that knowledge into practice the next time I play the campaign.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:31 am

I can't remember. Did you get your golds in Survival?
H.Smoke
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by H.Smoke » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:24 am

reim0027 wrote:I can't remember. Did you get your golds in Survival?
Yeah, at first I bought the DLC about a year ago just to play Survival, even posted a bit on the respective thread here. I wasn't interested in Karma Missions until a couple of weeks ago I thought "why not?" and started playing them. Honestly, I finished Acolyte, Warrior and most of Mentor missions in a couple of days, it was with MN that I started to feel the struggle.
Princesspeachfan2014
Pillbug
Pillbug

Post by Princesspeachfan2014 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:58 am

Fiend Busa wrote:BoTA is best for no damage attempt on Greater Fiends because of its high damage and iframe moves which are 360Y, Forward X and UP YY (The second Y has iframes when Ryu is coming down). Tonfa is great too.

Alexi:
If you match your 360Y Tonfa attack with Alexi attack you can kill him in 20 seconds or less thats luck dependent though but still very effective method
Bota for fastest kill you can match your 360Y with his attacks and it will rape him.

Volf: Loop him with Forward Y BoTA/ Forward Y shuriken cancel into 360Y is also extremely effective and very fast

Zed: BoTA Forward T/360Y/TTTT -> If he does his long punch combo you can do forward T shuriken cancel 360Y

Genshin: Stunconfirm Tonfa Forward Y into Forward YY dash cancel (A I think it was) into 360Y
Hi, umm.. i know this is'nt the right board, but i just CAN'T PM you, so, Is there a way to change Skins on NG3re? i want to put Momiji's DOA5 Tamaki Wakaki dress costume Over her Hot Police one.. i saw a japanese guy, That Changed Kasumi with Phase 4, i would like to know if it's possible without getting Banned from PSN.. the video was this one:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoGxjTSigFE (NOTE) It wasnt Phase 4, it was just Ayane over Kasumi with her Cloak Day 6 costume. ''Meaning'' to be Phase 4. also, i want to Edit Momiji's Black Hidden flower costume's colors, and rename it to, Hidden Red Rose.
Fiend Busa
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Fiend Busa » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:08 am

Princesspeachfan2014 wrote:
Fiend Busa wrote:BoTA is best for no damage attempt on Greater Fiends because of its high damage and iframe moves which are 360Y, Forward X and UP YY (The second Y has iframes when Ryu is coming down). Tonfa is great too.

Alexi:

Hi, umm.. i know this is'nt the right board, but i just CAN'T PM you, so, Is there a way to change Skins on NG3re? i want to put Momiji's DOA5 Tamaki Wakaki dress costume Over her Hot Police one.. i saw a japanese guy, That Changed Kasumi with Phase 4, i would like to know if it's possible without getting Banned from PSN.. the video was this one:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoGxjTSigFE (NOTE) It wasnt Phase 4, it was just Ayane over Kasumi with her Cloak Day 6 costume. ''Meaning'' to be Phase 4. also, i want to Edit Momiji's Black Hidden flower costume's colors, and rename it to, Hidden Red Rose.
You will need a jailbroken Ps3 most likely for that. Don't think its possible with hex editing the save file itself.