Triple Flying Swallow

PLATFORM: Xbox 360; RELEASE: June 3rd 2008
nooblar
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Triple Flying Swallow

Post by nooblar » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:59 pm

Hi guys,

can someone help me with this? I managed to pull one off in the middle of a battle but for sure that was pure accidental. Can someone guide the timing on doing it? DS only right?
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Re: Triple Flying Swallow

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:12 pm

DS only, sword level 3 or TDS.

I think you just push the stick back in the opposite direction + Y each time. Keep in mind that with the level 1 sword the single FS has a slight recovery where (I think I'm remembering this right) after it hits level 2 the single FS does NOT but the double/triple do- generally speaking you are best sticking with the single FS.

Though the double/triple is flashy and is fun for a situation that you have under control and can mess around a little!
nooblar
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Post by nooblar » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi Murphy

Thanks fur clarifying. Anyway good to see you here as I frequent the MGRR boards at game faq.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:35 pm

Cool. Love me some MGR!

What are you up to in NG2 these days?
Puregrunt
Administrator

Post by Puregrunt » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:42 am

I thought it only worked when there were multiple enemies bunched together. Performing the Flying Swallow once - >Y then tapping YY after. It has to do with targeting. If there were only one enemy on screen Ryu would instinctively complete the single animation rather than chaining 3 together.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:22 am

Hmm... I would certainly defer to you on this game, PG, but I had thought I remembered double/triple FS'ing a single Van Gelf before?

Will have to mess with it next time I break out the 360!
nooblar
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Post by nooblar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:41 am

Hi MG

Currently getting kicked at mentor TOV4. First playthrough on mentor. Can't seem to find good YouTube videos to get through this without spamming healing items and magic.

@PG yes I remembered vaguely that I didn't forward Y but spammed Y to get the triple swallow. But I could be wrong and can't consistently do it every time.

This game is challenging but fulfilling.
Massaca
Splatter Witch
Location: Free "Prisoner" at the Demon King's Castle (NSW, Aussieland)

Post by Massaca » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:47 am

I tried to do a video for this but issues issues issues. It's hard to play with one hand, stretched out, holding an ipad and watching two screens when you haven't touched the game in a very long time >_> Then the damn vid wouldn't upload to youtube. 3 times. Cause both ends suck ass. Then I couldn't get it off the ipad to my pc. So I recorded the ipad screen with my phone which came out sideways for some reason. And then youtube took bloody ages just to rotate the thing 90[sup]o[/sup]. And it almost certainly wasn't worth it cause the vid sucks anyway :laugh2: Shoulda just used the phone in the first place.

Grumpiness aside, you can do the triple FS on a single enemy with just a windrun (X+A) then YYY. Just so long as Ryu doesn't get too close to the ground. If he lifts up a bit when coming out the other side you can go again. Works spaced out YYY to the timing or by mashing Y, so take your pick there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWBqqmGCK1A
Controller drops off a few times but you should be able to see. Also note how on two occasions the middle FS was blocked but I was still able to follow up with the third. Unfortunately there were none there where he grounded out on the second one but it does happen every now and then.

And welcome to The Archives :wave:
nooblar
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Post by nooblar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:46 am

Hey massacra. Thanks man! Maybe that'll inspire you to start playing and recording again? I really like how you incorporate play with one controller in one hand and an iPad in the other. I guessed you had transcended to diety level.

Wow this community is really wonderful. I came in, asked a question and got so many helpful replies.

Seriously this board reminded me of the old board, Iberian ninja Gaiden realm IIRC. But that was many years back... 9 years?
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:02 pm

Hey nooblar. Welcome to the Archives! I normally don't like to do the triple FS, as the last FS you land with recovery frames. But, a double FS and you can land in OL status, (so you can do an OL UT, OL X, or OL 360 Y) into new chains. Similar with the level 2 DS. I only do 1 FS, as the second will land you into recovery frames.

And, yeah, ToV4 on Mentor is a nightmare.
nooblar
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Post by nooblar » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Reim. Your video are helping so much in my first playthrough. Can't do it without them.

Managed to clear TOV4. Used one LOTG,one TOR
, 3 grains 3 herbs 3 ninpo refill and lots of ninpo. I felt like I cheated.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:46 pm

It is easy to feel like that. But, IMO, there is no reason to handicap yourself on the first run. People don't use items as much as they should. They usually end up wasting them by not using them.