Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

no damage MN run

Post by stqueirolo » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:24 pm

ensatsu-ken
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by ensatsu-ken » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:57 am

I just found out about this and I am literally in shock.This guy (or lady?) deserves a medal, assuming that they are even human....

I just hope that it isn't fake. Some people have suggested it, but I haven't seen enough to be sure.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Re: no damage MN run

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:34 am

Hmm, will have to check what they do at the acid pits in CH. 10.

I remember Kumarab debating on how exactly to handle that when he did his MN / No damage run (which he didn't finish, but made it to chapter 10...).

Anyway, cool! Will watch some of this when I get a chance.
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by Royta » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:04 am

Murphy's Ghost wrote:Hmm, will have to check what they do at the acid pits in CH. 10.

I remember Kumarab debating on how exactly to handle that when he did his MN / No damage run (which he didn't finish, but made it to chapter 10...).

Anyway, cool! Will watch some of this when I get a chance.
Sadly he takes damage there, from the acid. That being said I was pretty sure a no-damage run had already been done? Or am I confusing with NGS2?
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:12 am

^ Probably NGS2.

The only other NG2 MN run (aside from the one ST just posted) that I know of was Kumarab's, which was cut short when his daughter was born and he obviously had better things to do at that point.

Despite it being a cheat, Kumarab was weighing whether or not to use the invincibility glitch to avoid damage at the acid pits, just to keep it a 100% no damage run.

In any case, it's a minor concern. NG2 wasn't meant to be done no damage the way NGB certainly could be, the regenerating health being one of the major tip-offs in that regard. I was just wondering if this player had found some ingenious new tactic or what they chose to do there.

I'm not a big fan of UT-heavy gameplay but I will say that no damage runs in NG2 bear some similarity to karma runs in NGB- there's a lot of weight placed on positioning, knowledge of the fights / enemy spawns, etc. Whereas actual Karma runs in NG2 involve crazy UT farming that would make me lose my mind. (Though the folks that have done 70-80+ million legit deserve a lot of credit for it, there's a lot of mental stamina involved in that.)

I REALLY wish they had had time to incorporate green essence and time limits into NG2 story mode. Would've made karma runs SO crazy. :laugh2:
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:15 pm

Kumarab, that's who started the NH run. I thought it was Ultraviol3nt. Anyway, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the link.