Is there a story mode karma run on video?

PLATFORM: Xbox 360; RELEASE: June 3rd 2008
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Re:

Post by Ninja Noob » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:59 pm

PinnacleInSync wrote:TC: First, that sucks! I heard that if you scroll down to fast, that might happen. I know it's boring like hell scrolling down, but if you plan to, take your time with it and wait until all the names have popped up before pressing down once more.

Or shoot me a friend request, IIRC you can find it quicker then. GT: PinnacleInSync. I just remember this by the way
Thank you sir! As soon as I turn off the 360 I'll send you a message with my gamer tag, which I actually don't remember in details because it's a fresh GT with a default name. I think I'll switch it to my YT account name.
PinnacleInSync
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by PinnacleInSync » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:34 pm

Shigurui wrote:Yes mate really happy with it, it's not exactly awash with AAA games yet but it does have a lot that I like. It also doesn't try to sell me fucking fish fingers which my 360 does every time I boot it up! Then there's Bloodborne, I know you'll be all over that. My PSN id is over there -> Send me a friend req if/when you pick yours up.
:thumb:
I will do that.
The fish fingers are not only annoying, they are still way too expensive. 5 year old games for Euro 30,- titled 'great deals'.
Hopefully the PSN is on par with MS network.

EDIT: not sure if you're talking actual fish fingers.. :P
Shigurui
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Re: Is there a story mode karma run on video?

Post by Shigurui » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:36 pm

Yeah, real fish fingers, shampoo, car insurance and loads more useless adverts. Usually flash ads with the volume ramped up to 11. Man I hate their advertising BS :flame: but it has led to me trading all my 360 stuff in for a WiiU, so something good came from it!

I've always found PSN to be as good as XBL for online gaming, as you know I'm not a huge online gamer but the stuff I do play has always been fine, Gaiden, Gran Turismo on PS3 run well enough and I'm playing a lot of Last of Us multiplayer on PS4 which runs on a seperate network to PS3 and that's pretty solid too, no real complaints where online is concerned. Look forward to seeing you on the dark side mate!
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:27 pm

PinnacleinSync, I sent you a friend request, I attached a message so you can't go wrong :)
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:22 pm

Ok so I watched a vid from PinnacleinSync on chapter 13, the section with the cocoons. I admit it is nothing too exiting to watch, but I suppose there are more challenging sections to watch. And I guess it is not possible to farm UT's against IS ninjas. BTW I think I got a desync because all of a sudden Ryu starts UTing into nothing. PinnacleinSync, upload some other vids if you like, I'd like to watch some Van Gelfs or Gajas fight, and some bosses. Or just upload what you like and make me a whistle :)
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:42 am

Ninja Noob wrote:BTW I think I got a desync because all of a sudden Ryu starts UTing into nothing.
I'm pretty sure that this happens when your screen ratio is different to the one that was used in the NC. So, for example: If the NC was recorded in 16:9, then you must watch it in 16:9, otherwise it desyncs like you mentioned. At least that's what I remember. Maybe someone else can explain better.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:13 pm

DH is right. From what I understand, the NC doesn't record the video, it just records the inputs and code. Aspect ratio makes a big deal. It is like, you are told to go 5 steps left, 4 steps forward . . . . 3 steps diagonally, etc. But, you are told to do that in different sizes of rooms. The end result will be different.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:44 pm

....and I can't even activate karma window: ninja cinema sucks hard!
Shigurui
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by Shigurui » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:58 pm

As above, the NC needs to be viewed in the same aspect as the original, more modern TV's have a fit picture to screen setting which will override true 16:9, check your settings. As for IS Ninja UT farming, yes it can be done, I did loads on my K-Run, you leg delimb then stun them with a single Shuriken in between KG charges, both tedious and fun at the same time!
PinnacleInSync
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by PinnacleInSync » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:35 pm

Sorry for the late reply.

Destiny is to blame..

Getting as much karma on Chapter 13 there is harder than it seems ;)
I'll upload another vid. I'll check in more regularly to know when you've seen one.

EDIT: I think I played in 16:9
PinnacleInSync
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by PinnacleInSync » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:02 pm

I uploaded a different clip.

It's the savepoint before the Chapter 10 stairs. It includes Zombies, Gaja's and ninjas. I also have a clip of 'pure' Gaja farming, can upload it later. I think this is a bit more divers.. :wink:
PinnacleInSync
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by PinnacleInSync » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:05 pm

@Shigurui:

Yeah hopefully before Christmas.. lol.
Bu the thought of starting over on Destiny scares me.
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:11 pm

Cool! But how I set the thing to 16:9? If I have to do through the tv it will be impossible because I don't have the remote anymore and it's diffcult to find new on the market. I't just a crt monitor.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:12 pm

How is the run going?
PinnacleInSync
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by PinnacleInSync » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:42 pm

That's going to be tough then I think.. No way for me to alter that :(
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:06 pm

No problem dude, I appreciate that you replied in this tread and tried to do everything possible. But is strange that no one ever thought to put a karma run on video, maybe something is in the old bunch of lost material from Iberian's?
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:53 am

There were some Karma Run videos on IWs. But, in general, KR videos for this game are very dull and repetitive. It is hard to watch someone spam KT UTs for 2 hours.
PinnacleInSync
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Post by PinnacleInSync » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:39 am

Yeah, 'watching' Chapter 9 completely would be absolutely as hard as farming it. It took me 9.5 hours pure game time.

Some sections are very repetitive, others very specific because you can abuse the environment to your advantage. I restarted 2-hour plays just to get 200-300k more.

In the tread I made about my KR should be lots of useful advise and some links to older treads made by others.

I just don't have the stomach to film everything on my TV, but I'll try to do so when I'm cooking or something.. Lol. No promises ;)
Ninja Noob
Vigoorian Berserker
Vigoorian Berserker

Post by Ninja Noob » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:38 pm

Cool! Maybe you can just film the more interesting parts, skipping everything which is just easy and repetitive.