Ninja Cinema

PLATFORM: Xbox 360; RELEASE: June 3rd 2008
Grayson1048
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Ninja Cinema

Post by Grayson1048 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:42 pm

Apologizing if this has already been answered or talked about, but I did search the NG2 subforum beforehand.

Does anyone know for a scientific double checked fact the reason Ninja Cinema often stops recording at random video durations in NG2?
(You know, when you're recording a Survival or a Test of Valor and the f***ing thing just stops, and you don't realize it until you quit and check the Cinema.)

Checking my entire Ninja Cinema library, the longest video is 47 minutes, a Survival mission.
Massaca
Splatter Witch

Re: Ninja Cinema

Post by Massaca » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:01 am

Oh man, yeah. I have vague memories of this. I can't help with a real answer, just that I seem to recall that when you have it recording automatically from the beginning it would cut out early and if you enabled it after starting playing form the back menu then it recorded longer but trying to remember from like 10 years back is hard and I'm not sure we ever really got a proper answer to how it functioned.
Farnham The Drunk
Flawless Ninja
Flawless Ninja

Post by Farnham The Drunk » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:01 am

nobody knows why exactly it stops, but it just does... tried to do single segment chapters once, absolutely stopped after 27 mins every time...
it is even more baffling when u realize that it is not even a video recording, but a live playback with ur button inputs so it doesnt take up space. a brilliant system actually. it simply does not work properly on long durations, and sometimes it even does wrong playbacks cause enemies respawn in the playback that u already killed and u can see ryu doing all kinds of stuff and dying in a recording u survived in and completed, it is hillarious haha.
my best guess is that it is just unfinished like the rest of the game and never got fixed. but who knows.
Ninja Cinema is meant for short bursts from save statue to save statue, not for survival recordings. the only way to record a survival run is to either stream it or use a capture device. even xbox recording has limitations so i would not recommend that for survival runs that can last longer than an hour
Grayson1048
Wasp Fiend
Wasp Fiend

Post by Grayson1048 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:15 am

Massaca wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:01 am
just that I seem to recall that when you have it recording automatically from the beginning it would cut out early and if you enabled it after starting playing form the back menu then it recorded longer
I see /: That had occurred to me, but it isn't failproof. Funny, the opposite things happens in Razor's Edge: if you record automatically from the beginning your video will 100% be correct; but if you remember to turn Ninja Cinema On halfway through the mission/Test of Valor/etc, your video most likely be corrupted.
Farnham The Drunk wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:01 am
nobody knows why exactly it stops, but it just does... tried to do single segment chapters once, absolutely stopped after 27 mins every time...
... and sometimes it even does wrong playbacks cause enemies respawn in the playback that u already killed and u can see ryu doing all kinds of stuff and dying in a recording u survived in and completed, it is hillarious haha.
That's an interesting coincidence... several of my NC videos were 27 minutes long, as well...
HAHA yeah, I know. Those are super funny (and irritating). Videos get corrupted with Ryu doing weird shit very frequently in Razor's Edge, if you do what I said above. Reminds me of the replay system in Smash Bros Project M: since it is a mod, the replays are unavailable, and if you record one, 90% of the time it will turn out corrupted, with your character often jumping off the stage to his/her death. Hilarious stuff.

It's a shame, I thought maybe someone here had found the solution for the problem. Thank you both for your answers!