Beat NGII with OLB and No Ninpo on Master Ninja.

PLATFORM: Xbox 360; RELEASE: June 3rd 2008
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Beat NGII with OLB and No Ninpo on Master Ninja.

Post by Royta » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:40 pm

Also tried to add the 'no abuse' rule, that I kind of skipped during some fights like Rasetsu in Chapter 11. Didn't record all fights, but I have a couple uploaded. Dagra Dai is still a mystery to me. I can no damage him pretty easily with Ninpo but without it, I'm really unsure in how to do it. Ended up face tanking some hits.

Did manage to absolutely wreck Alexei with lucky Crushing Vermillion Bird Strikes, killed him in 23 seconds flat:

Massive luck with that one though, he activate his non i.frame moves a plenty allowing me to melt him.

Funnest part of the run was Chapter 7 and doing Chapter 11 with the True Dragon Sword where applicable. Doing that chapter with a base healthbar and no ninpo icons under your healthbar just looks so freak'n cool. :ninjawink:
Overal the run made me a lot more confident in my skill at the game, and made me appreciate certain weapons more and more. Fun run!
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Re: Beat NGII with OLB and No Ninpo on Master Ninja.

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:03 am

Nice job man that's a serious run. :sunnyd:

Once upon a time I had an MN, Claws only, no item / no ninpo / no UT abuse run done through Chapter 6 and it was awfully fun but some parts were really hard.

These days I'd be happy to even be semi competent on MN, I'm painfully rusty.
Royta
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Post by Royta » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:43 am

Cheers Murph! Hope you're good :)

Claws Only sounds like a bucket of fun too I must say! Always enjoyed that weapon. Why did you stop after Chapter 6?
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:26 pm

Probably got distracted by another game or something. My gaming whims are fickle but since it's all for fun anyway I tend to follow them. So one day I'm totally committed to an NGB run and the next I'm back playing Witcher 3 and then two days later I'm starting a new game of KOTOR that I'll definitely never finish.

Many many unfinished games / runs in my catalogue. :shrug: :laugh2: