My NGS Normal KR

PLATFORM: PS3; RELEASE: June 14th 2007
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Re: My NGS Normal KR

Post by julius-ruler4 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:14 pm

The game really wants me to sacrifice points. Either the UT-bug strikes or a black SAT guy keeps blocking every attack or that guy gives yellow essence or a white SAT guy doesn't die after 3 hits of a UT.

They became way to intelligent and they never cooperate. Today I had to reset 'now' 66 times and I still didn't make any progress. i already threw 3 of my 5 controllers against the wall because of the enemies that are too smart.

Please help me out. I am losing my mind and am still trapped on the first save statue on chapter 4.

Thanks in advance
julius-ruler4
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:22 pm

julius-ruler4 wrote:Today I had to reset 'now' 66 times and I still didn't make any progress. i already threw 3 of my 5 controllers against the wall because of the enemies that are too smart.
Instead of resetting every time it goes wrong, why not carry on to the next save point and make a new save file? Then you can load the previous and try again. If you get to the save point and your score is better, then save over it; if not, try again.

I hope that makes sense. :scratch:
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:27 pm

I would do that if it was just a sacrifice of perhaps 2,000 points or less. But 15,000 points? NO WAY I WILL CONTINUE THEN. I keep trying until I have the points I need. I want to get a score of 3,20 million at the end of chapter 4.

I would also do that if I had the time but unfortunatly I don't have the time to do it.

julius

UPDATE: got past that gauntlet and now moving on to the next gauntlet. Earned already: 111,770 points on the first gauntlet.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:14 pm

Finally got past it, eh? Now, on to the next frustration. :beers:
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:11 pm

reim0027 wrote:Finally got past it, eh? Now, on to the next frustration. :beers:
I know how frustrating it was to get those fights done properly. The no-look-attack actually served me well: hitting 3 arrows on the shield SAT made it easy for me to make the time limit. Those are already 10k points re-earned.

For the muramasa fight I look to get 3UT's and the first BSN fight on the clock tower I look for 2 UT's. The fight with the 2 BSN I also look for 2 UT's.

Julius

UPDATE: I found a way to get those points fast. the clock tower BSN fight I can get 2 UT's and an ET. Same principle goes for the other BSN fights on the great bridge.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:51 pm

Guys, I know this has been quite some time since I posted anything in here about the run. I am considering of putting this on hold until February since in January I have my exams.

I really hope you guys will stay tuned for any updates. Perhaps I can work on the run Tuesday since then I don't have any intermediate exams and no tests in general.

I have some strats perhaps I can try out if the enemies are a "little bit" cooperative.

I see you guys later
peace
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:58 pm

No problem. Good luck with your exams.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Finaly I got a DVD recorder, so I might record my NGS karma run starting from the 'lily door area' to the end of chapter 4. But before that I will do another project which might take a few days to record and edit. Check out my youtube channel tomorrow:
http://www.youtube.com/user/keizerantares

Julius

PS: I will not redo chapters 1,2 and 3 since this is a real pain in the ass
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:17 am

Cool. Let us know when yo uupload a video.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:34 pm

My first video:

I know this is not Ninja Gaiden Sigma but it was a testvideo and since the recorder did its job I decided to upload this one. This is a survival run on Black Ops 2 zombies. Really guys try this out.

julius

Don't forget to subscribe
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:19 am

I'm already subscribed. Nice that you can make videos now!

I liked zombies in WaW and Black Ops 1. What do you think of the zombie mode in Black Ops 2?

Look forward to seeing some video of your karma run. :smile:
vmd50
Archfiend
Archfiend

Post by vmd50 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:50 am

Interested in the karma run videos.
I also like zombies a lot. Good thing there is the option to start at later waves now so you dont have to play for a long time to get a lot of zombies. They should have done it a long time ago though.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:57 pm

Murphy's Ghost wrote:I'm already subscribed. Nice that you can make videos now!

I liked zombies in WaW and Black Ops 1. What do you think of the zombie mode in Black Ops 2?

Look forward to seeing some video of your karma run. :smile:
My karma run video's are coming as soon I receive that RCA female-to-female splitter. For the rest I have everything I need (eexcept my PS3 since I had to give it to my parents). As I mentioned before I took a break from NGS and focused myself on going prestige on black ops 2, since chapter 4 keeps being a pain in the ass.
vmd50 wrote:Interested in the karma run videos.
I also like zombies a lot. Good thing there is the option to start at later waves now so you dont have to play for a long time to get a lot of zombies. They should have done it a long time ago though.
I believe they should have done, however I haven't tested it out on nuketown what it does with the perks and the pack-a-punch. Maybe next video but I promised some guys on Youtube a Resident Evil 4 playthrough. Anyway the KR is on hold until the start of February.

PS: It could be possible (more probably) that my KR will come on youtube the earliest at the start of July or the end of June.

julius-ruler4 aka keizerantares
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:33 pm

Guys I got the RCA female-to-female splitter and I'll be happy to give you guys my first video as soon as possible. The link to nuketown zombies is not valid anymore since I deleted the video because I want to give the intro some better quality. I will make another video but freshly played. This will be fun then, since I will be able to do everything I couldn't do before.

My KR will have to wait until I finished my first Bachelor at the FUB (Free University Brussels). Maybe if this works out good I might continue the project I started on the PS3 and do some more stuff there. Anyway for the Black Ops 2 fans I will make some funny moments with my friends and post them on youtube aswell. And for the NGS2 fans please stay tuned because I will do a lot of that and for NG3RE also stay tuned.

Don't forget to subscribe please for more.

Yours sincerely
julius-ruler4 aka keizerantares
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:41 pm

Today I thought I finaly progressed in the run. You guys know what screwed me over again? The fact I was 1 second over the time limit and that fucking input lag. One day I will buy myself an XBOX ONE and play NGB again. 12:01 for the chapter? They should have given you at least 1 minute more to finish the chapter.

EDIT: I still need to do one more gauntlet before I finish the chapter. Unfortunately I don't have the time to refill my ninpo so I may not use it then. Going for 3.19 million now.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:37 am

A Hard KR on NGB was like that. Sometimes it came down to a matter of seconds. You had to plan things very carefully.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Ok guys here's the deal. I retried a save from Chapter 3 and I wan able to squeeze out an extra 11k by likking Dynamo faster and getting an extra UT.

Now the pain in the ass will come again but now I can plan this all out perfectly. in comparisment now I am like 25k ahead of JTB his run on Sigma :yahoo:

Yours Sincerely
julius-ruler4
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:50 pm

Chapter 4 is finaly complete after all these months of frustration and irritation. I got over my desired 3.20 million, so now for the horse with her horse hammer. Already did the first encounter and got 2 UT's out of it.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:07 pm

Chapter 5 (the "horse" with the "horse hammer") is completed. I really scattered my old record with 100k.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:15 am

Wow, you finished Rachel's chapter really fast.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:55 am

Indeed, however I knew how the enemies were going to behave in ch5, so I was able to get 736k out od the chapter. Ch6 loks hard but I'll manage it this weekend.
balbaid
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by balbaid » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:58 pm

Excellent work. Good job trying to finish the run. Believe it whe I say once you finish this run, your next run will a lot better on any difficulty. NGB/S is one of those games that you get better each time you finish a playthrough.

Good luck.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Fri May 02, 2014 10:24 am

Thx bb, I might consider redoing some chapters to get some extra points, although it might be just a waste of time. For chapter 6 I planned everything out to get the time limit and the kill bonus.

I calculated it as next:

1st fight: 3 enemies
2nd fight: 3 enemies
killing those 3 guys from the 1st fight again for their essence
3rd fight: 2 enemies
killing the 3 enemies on the tower plaza for their essence
4th fight: 3 enemies
farming 15 enemies from that fight + 3 guys for their essence
5th fight: 3 BSN
6th fight: 2 SAT cyclers
7th fight: 3 enemies
killing those 3 BSN again
8th fight: 3 BSN
killing those 3 BSN again for their essence
9th fight: 4 enemies
10th fight: 3 BSN
11th fight: 3 BSN
killing those 3 BSN again for their essence
12th fight: 4 enemies on 2 motocycles
13th fight: 3 lizzard fiends
14th fight: Hydracubus

Totaly counted this gives me 73 kills which passes the 69 kill limit. I might just kill 12 of those respawning soldiers at the lily door area and 3 for their essence which grants me 70 kills in total.

julius
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Guys I will tell this, I will abandon my run. The reason is because everything keeps getting messed up, I never make the chapter time limit and even after deleting all the saves the game is still a bitch and AI keeps increasing by Sony's actions.

I will never continue the normal run but I might do a VH run just to see how much I can get from it. I intended to do Master Ninja, but as long as Hayashi doesn't put the nunchucks and lunar staff as standard weapons for CH1 I won't ever play Master Ninja. Not to mention he fucked up NG by NGS2 and NG3. Also that damn input lag that only occurs on PS3. Sony should all fix this but they are too dumb for that. No wonder most people buy XBOX.

Some time limits are also fucked up in NGS, like the 5th fight on MN, the fights on CH3 below at the cockpit and other fights. I would love that he gives back the time limits from NGB that you had. If I could just get the nunckucks on Hard and VH and find the lunar on CH1 then we would have a better game like NGB.

I will say this and if CH1 works out pretty good then I might create a new topic, and then I will continue the run.

For now, bye normal, hi VH.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:51 am

I had the same problem in Ch 1 on my MN NGB KR attempt. The >Y OL Y for Murai kept getting blocked. I don't know why. I never figured it out.