Karma run work in progress (Chapter 5 complete)

PLATFORM: PS3; RELEASE: June 14th 2007
MasonVank
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Re: Karma run work in progress (Chapter 3 complete, finally)

Post by MasonVank » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:32 am

julius-ruler4 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:22 pm
Ok, I need a HUGE explanation for this.

No matter what I do, what I try, what angle I approach, the FUCKING TIMER seems to start even when my enemies are off screen for me. I'm losing my mind and even postponing the fight seems to give me 0 for kills, time and combo. I need an explanation RIGHT FUCKING NOW
What are you trying to do? Are you trying to shoot one of the guys first and then use their essence for an ET? Are the enemies visible to you when you approach them to shoot?

Does the fight before this one respawn in sigma? Because if they do you can just chain an ET, quickly jump to the first guy and ET him and then shoot the 2nd guy. If not, you just need to position Ryu so you can't see the guy on the other side of the wire and rely on Ryu's autoaim. However I'd say just shoot both of them quickly and end it, it's only 2,000 points.
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Post by julius-ruler4 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:13 am

I once was able to get a UT out of that fight but that was in a mock run. I cannot seem to repeat whatever I did then

Often Ryu would miss his arrows and relying on his auto aim is not really optional but necessary to get the desired score

I always kept them off-screen but I need to see how I did it and what to do to repeat it
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:02 pm

@MasonVanck The fight before the balcony fight actually respawns. If I am lucky, I might be able to chain a lunar UT to that fight and still make the time limit by killing the shield guy quickly. I'm trying a few new methods to get points from that fight without having to rely on too much luck.

BTW, today, when at work without anything to do, I made myself a pathing to do several encounters. In theory, if movement is perfect, I would get 690k from that chapter

I'll give it another go tonight and let you guys know how it went.
Alhazard
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Alhazard » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:58 pm

if its the balcony fight, can you try practicing saving in front of lily door without looking at the enemies to start the timer, loading the save, then starting the fight with bow with Ryu's face facing the camera like my runs?

Also probably need to do a lot the fights as a gaunlet to meet the insane chapter time of 12min.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:59 pm

I know, And I've worked out a schematic with every possible route and found that the most optimal route is by saving the clocktower fights till the very end of the run before going to pleasure street.

My calculations say that I need a maximum of 4 saves to get this done. The less I save the better.

If I were to meet the time limit and get the UT's and ET I desire, I might get 690k, which is 17k higher then jryusama

I also feel quite confident as I'm 35k ahead of kelll
MasonVank
Lesser Imp Fiend
Lesser Imp Fiend

Post by MasonVank » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:50 pm

julius-ruler4 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:13 am
I once was able to get a UT out of that fight but that was in a mock run. I cannot seem to repeat whatever I did then

Often Ryu would miss his arrows and relying on his auto aim is not really optional but necessary to get the desired score

I always kept them off-screen but I need to see how I did it and what to do to repeat it
I got a UT out of that fight too on my NGB normal karma run. What I did was I'd get to flashing red health beforehand, quickly shoot the guy across the wire, jump to the other guy, launch him and UT him on the ground so he dissolves quicker. You don't have the time to to do the full UT on him. I'm pretty sure the sigma time limit is the same as the black time limit.

That save statue near the lily door in Sigma makes me jealous. I freaking wish it was also in Black...
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:39 pm

I'll just be honest. This chapter is driving me insane.

First, the first gauntlet goes right up until the balcony fight. Ryu's autoaim sucks ass. I miss like 80% of my shots consistently.

Second, when killing a BSN, instead of giving me blue, it consistently gives me yellow essence without UT or ET.

Third, I frequently get the so called UT bug. That means even with a blue essence, it gives me an ET
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:25 pm

UPDATE: The first gauntlet went just as I desired, tho I do no longer have any arrows, I consider this a non issue because I just bought myself 2 extra minutes to do some shopping at Muramasa.

The next gauntlet will be tough, but I'm up for the challenge.

I intent to do the next few fights:

- Clock Tower Plaza (4 enemies - 3 UT's)
- Clock Tower Plaza (3 enemies - 2 UT's)
- Great Bridge Teleporter (3 enemies - 2 UT's + 1 ET)
- Great Bridge Stairway (2 enemies - 2 UT's)
- Great Bridge Square (3 enemies - 2 UT's + 1 ET)

This should be the next gauntlet and if everything goes according to plan, I could finish this chapter by the end of next week

The edited recordings are already on my PC in good health
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:22 pm

I'm a happy camper. Finally got that Big Second Gauntlet done on the very first try, and the AI was very cooperative. I just needed a bit of luck.

Now I know how to deal with that last Gauntlet as I refilled on smoke bombs and arrows. And for the first time I took the liberty of taking the Nunchaku.

So I currently scored on this chapter: 265,530

if I want to beat the highscore I need: 675k

So this means I have to score at least 100k from 4 fights

The Goal:
Clock tower entrance: 1 UT + 1 ET
Clock tower top: 2 UT's + 1 ET
Pleasure Street: 3 UT's
Biker fight: 5 or 6 UT's

If all goes right, this chapter is complete by the end of next week.

BigAl and JTB, if you 2 are up for it, I'll send the video
julius-ruler4

Re: Karma run work in progress (Chapter 4 complete, OOHRAH)

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:05 pm

Chapter 4 completed

Check OP for scores
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:32 pm

I deleted the Rachel save as I probably wasn't fast enough to save. This means, no matter what, I cannot get that first fight timed. The consequence will be that I'm going to redo that final gauntlet.

I intent to rerecord that gauntlet to even try and get a higher score then before. Not wanting to rely on luck, I don't wanna use Ninpo to kill that final biker.

However, the AI is very uncooperative
- Consistent Yellow essence from BSN after ninpo kill
- I press start, it doesn't open menu
- BSN that can see though my smoke bombs even while being used at the correct distance
- UT bug that takes place even with 2 blue essence orbs and one yellow

Murphy is playing against me too much and I feel burned out from it. All my attempts failed because of that damn AI.

I thought I was lucky yesterday. Turns out Murphy decided to say "Screw you and your luck. You're not getting it", and it pisses me off
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Post by JTB123 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:57 pm

This game will be truly savage on a karma run, somtimes you just have to know when it's better to come back later. I don't normally play for anything longer than half an hour depending on the fight, if the game doesn't give it you in that time odds are today just isn't that day.

I was playing the crab imp fight in chapter 15 just now, simple enough fight on the surface but after half an hour and at least 30 attempts I just knew I wasn't going to get it. UT's not registering, imps ducking under my UT, never getting blues, wonky hit boxes, bad spawns, Ryu's awful targeting and the list goes on and on.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:03 pm

Chapter 4 redone and completed, Tho I scored 790 points lower, I still got that Highscore. And I got that fight for Rachel timed
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:44 pm

So, little update: I did several attempts at Rachel and so far things weren't working out for me.

However, I did manage to get a couple of fights done and amazingly I scored 269,240 so far. I still need to do the fiend challenge but I feel confident that I can get 300k out of it (need 46 UT's tho).

The ideal pattern would be that I kill 6 enemies with 5 UT's within 25 seconds. I am more then happy to accept a 2.5% loss maximum of 300k. Tho 44 UT's is the minimum if I want to beat that score of 767,620
julius-ruler4

Re: Karma run work in progress (Chapter 5 complete)

Post by julius-ruler4 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:59 pm

Chapter 5 completed, check Op for scores
julius-ruler4

Re: Karma run work in progress (Chapter 5 complete, well the mock attempt)

Post by julius-ruler4 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:33 pm

So, I seem to have been getting the worst of the worst AI. I don't know why, but these things consistely happened at every attempt
- Very last Imp decided to dive when I have like 7 seconds left and managed to get 45 UT's on 59 enemies
- when I am between 10 kills and 20 kills the AI decides to send at least 3 Imps at the same time to attack
- UT bug when I have 2 essence orbs out
- AI diving instantly when I release my UT

I am litteraly going insane, and my brother had to stop me from putting myself a bullet in the skull. It's gone at that level

I don't know why this happens to me. A friend of mine has been checking the system base code on my PS3 found something interesting. He compared it to his which are both at the latest software version
The AI on my console has been augmented a lot compared to his, and both our PS3's are updated till the latest update without any mods.

Sony, explain yourself...
julius-ruler4

Re: Karma run work in progress (Chapter 5 complete, I mean the real run of it)

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:21 pm

Chapter 5 REALLY completed, check OP for scores
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Post by JTB123 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:31 pm

Awesome job man, really enjoying the run. At the risk of stating the obvious don't forget the crazy number of kills for chapter 6, if you're getting really frustrated with the run a break can just be the thing. A week away from it really lets you recharge and come back fresh.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:48 pm

Thanks man, I already planned out my route and know where to save and where not.

Huge gauntlets are the key like in chapter 4. Once chapter 6 is done I'll plan out chapter 7 fight by fight