NGS NM Speed Run Notes

PLATFORM: PS3; RELEASE: June 14th 2007
Alhazard
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

NGS NM Speed Run Notes

Post by Alhazard » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:44 am

Saw JTB's attempt tonight and here are some questions and comments on this run.

You can use smoke bombs to blind enemies to go through doors. I use it all the time since it is so inconsistent otherwise.

Chp 3: Is it worth to upgrade the dragon sword and the dual katanas?
Chp 5: Can you skip the fight outside the monastery door? And the ninja fight at the end?
Chp 6: Isnt there a talisman on 1st chest right behind we're you start? Also can't despawn the 3 BSNs guarding the drawbridge swich in Sigma like in NGB :(.
Chp 7: Couldn't you upgrade the level 3 dual swords in this chapter? You only need to 360+T twice to break front legs with the level 3 dual katanas, but then you need more money for lvl3 lunar.
Chp 10: Some areas definitely slow down accessing the menu, which is annoying.
Chp 11: Can't you use the explosive arrows for the forced fight at the train?
Chp 12: You have to wait for the manhole cover open on all difficulties :(. Is the 360+T dual swords on worms better than the GB? Also you can grab IS from BSN corpse before underground wall break instead of buying then.
Chp 15: You could use another shortcut in fire cave for 1st skip, which is to wall run over the ledge. http://youtu.be/wrHPJE1mCng#t=13m38s
Chp 16: Now in Kelll's NM and ND karma runs, he kills AA really quickly with continous GBs but not sure if this is reliable or not...
Last edited by Alhazard on Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
JTB123
Incendiary Ninja
Incendiary Ninja

Re: NGS NM Speed Run Notes

Post by JTB123 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:46 am

Thanks for this man, saves me having to rewatch the run :biggrin:

I'll be having another attempt at the weekend, probably Saturday night, I'll post in the chat here before I start. I think one more run to fine tune everything then a serious attempt can get the total time under two hours.

There were some pretty big mistakes and bad boss fights in this first attempt so fingers crossed!
Alhazard
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Re: NGS NM Speed Run Notes

Post by Alhazard » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:52 am

Well I just confirmed that you can't skip the two fights in chp 5 so :(.