NGS Normal KR remastered

PLATFORM: PS3; RELEASE: June 14th 2007
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

NGS Normal KR remastered

Post by julius-ruler4 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:24 am

Hey everyone, Julius here. I tried my luck again for another attempt KR on NGS Normal difficulty. I was extremely happy when I broke my previous record of 582k and improved it to 588k. I was happy I got my Elgato hooked up and I recorded the run for CH1 starting from the first save. To approach the first 9 fights, watch JTB's old channel vid for it. The scores between brackets are the one from my previous completed 20-million-run

I will give you what really matters now:

Chapter 1: 591,630 (580,360):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoQeLWy_r0k[/youtube]
Chapter 2: 1,005,790 (872,897):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Makl4APMAy0[/youtube]

I will start chapter 3 soon and youtube video will be available soon.
Video of chapter 1 is an old one, but it is just to show on how to approach those fights that I've recorded so long ago. There is no video available for the 591,630 run since my Elgato wasn't available at that particular time.

In the meanwhile, peace out
julius-ruler4
Last edited by julius-ruler4 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
reim0027
Administrator

Re: NGS Normal KR remastered

Post by reim0027 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:09 pm

Looks great. Good luck on this run.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:48 pm

I have some issues with the third fight of chapter 2. In the ideal case I look to get 7 UT's, but 6 UT's and an ET would be great. However the mages are such BS and the smoke boombs get bugged very often. I was pretty happy for the first 2 fights of the chapter.

I'll give an update about the chapter progress. Yellow text means I look for it, while it has not been done yet, and green text means the fight is completed with the description

Fight 1: 2 UT's + 1 ET, score: 613,580
Fight 2: 5 UT's, score: 655,050
Fight 3: 7 UT's, score: 691,260
Fight 4: 6 UT's
Fight 5: 10 UT's
Fight 6: 5 UT's
Fight 7: 6 UT's
Fight 8: 6 UT's and 2 ET's
Doku: 12 ET's and perhaps time with the AotS

I can get those points but I cannot allow myself to get bugged smoke bombs.
Last edited by julius-ruler4 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:14 pm

Guys, the second to hardest fight is done and I got my 7 UT's, glad I recorded it, and that I saved.

Next fight will be pretty easy and I can get 6 UT's out of that fight easily. I only hope I don't get bugged smoke bombs again.

Wish me luck guys
julius
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:23 am

I remember my Karma Runs in NGB. Tedious. Good luck man.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:33 pm

I have a little problem

The mages seem to be immune for smoke bombs, because every time I use one they instantly attack me and it interrupts my UT charge.
And then there is another problem: the horsemen seem to have been set backwards a little bit because with roll-jump my UT still doesn't hit the horse and I have to reset then because I cannot afford to save.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:53 pm

Guys I have enough of that BS. Mages consistently attack me after deploying a smoke bomb and those samurai attack me just a split second after my smoke bomb is activated.

Team Ninja better fixes this. I am sick of getting those bugged smoke bombs and I cannot retry this because I won't invest like 3 hours again for one fight.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:33 am

I know in NGB, the timing of the smoke bomb (with regard to enemy AI) makes a big difference.
Alhazard
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Alhazard » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Sorry to hear that. Chapter 2 fights are pretty hard so I can't fault you. For mages, I don't have any good advice for smoke bombing but try to get in a position where you don't have to. Try to doubling a mage and a samurai when smoking away from samurais. Also it is very important to keep the cameras towards edge of the maps because if your camera is aiming toward an open field, you will see a mage in the distance shooting fireball and that is very hard to deal with. If you have problems hiding from samurais, do a roll then bomb; this is 100% guaranteed.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:59 pm

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate this.

The thing is I am at the second village fight with 4 samurai and 2 mages (the one before the horsefight) and I look to get 6 UT's. The ideal situation would be like this:
kill 2 samurai with 2 UT's and then kill the first mage with the UT
I want to do this thing twice to get my 6 UT's

BTW, thanks alhazard for showing that lovely little sweetspot you used to shorten some of your UT's in the horsefight. This is somehing people really oversee when they do a run like I just do now. IIRC you are the first one to show it on video, because with every UT you do on that spot, you gain actually a second which is enough to get like 12 UT's on that fight.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:31 pm

I never knew of a sweet spot that would shorten your UTs. Is that location available in NGB?
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:27 pm

I guess it is, watch Alhazard's MN KR on CH2. However it is more applied to Sigma since you only get the Dragon Sword and the Lunar is only available in Chapter 4 on all difficulties.

That sweetspot makes the spearmen on the horses easier to fight and it goes faster by at least 4 seconds if your UT's are charged on that sweetspot. The reason is because the final hit gets interrupted by the wood and you can do an instant on-landing again, which lets you gain 0.98 seconds for every UT and it will give you even more UT's.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:43 pm

Guys, this is getting out of hand. I'll illustrate this below.

When I bought my PS3, I did a full blown KR like this before but I ended with barely over 20 million. The enemies weren't as aggressive back then, but since I did a software update by Sony, the AI seems to have been increased severely. I cannot drop a smoke bomb or I get attacked by mages. I blind them while they are one yard away and they still attack me when I deploy one. I can only conclude that Sony has increased the enemy AI so because there are cheaters that make their way into the leaderboards.

I have enough of it and although it against my principals, I will be forced soon to cheat the way in. IIRC, Sony has no authority to alter games or alter AI without the permission of the owners of the game. I have this on COD zombies aswell.

UPDATE: I have found a sweetspot in the fight before the horsefight. However the mages seem to do their lightball attacks off-screen with me and I haven't found a way to avoid it. FW-ninpo instantly kills them and I cannot satisfy myself with 5 UT's and 1 ET. I will have and MUST have 6 UT's no matter what I do.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:09 pm

Can Sony make changes to the programming of a game? Is that even possible? I gave up my NGB MN KR at Murai. The >Y OLY would not work. He would grab me almost every time. Never happened to me before. I posted videos and nobody could tell me what I was doing wrong. But, one of the most reliable techniques for Murai became impossible.
Alhazard
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Alhazard » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:36 pm

Actually I have questions on this run. Did you make the time limit on Fight 3? Doesn't look like it and I think that is the wrong strategy. I know that JTB and even Kellll ran it w/o making time limit to spawn extra enemies on that fight to meet the kill quota but spawning 2 sets of enemies on fight after Masakado should do the trick. Disclaimer: Not sure if the strategy i used, which is save after Masakado then start the fight by loading the save and ETing enemy #3 can trigger the extra set, actually works on normal.

As to fight 4, are you starting the fight with the UT chained from extra enemies? Anyways on my run, I could consistently UT a mage to start the fight so try moving camera to face the door and see if that helps.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:29 am

Not sure if you're talking to me or not. My attempted run was on NGB, and I stopped at Murai very pissed and frustrated.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:39 pm

Big problem guys, my little brother got pissed and he deleted all my savegames and videos from Sigma.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:41 am

What the hell did he do that for?
Alhazard
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Alhazard » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:49 am

I was asking Julius and :(
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:45 pm

IDK why he did this Reim, but I was so furious I actually took payback for this. He lost all of his NGB savedata he worked so hard to accomplish and he has been pissed off ever since. I say this: you hit me, but it won't be unpunished.

And about the run, I didn't make the time limit but I want to know if that spawn trick works on the fight after the Masakado fight. Before I attempt another run I must know for sure if it works.
Alhazard
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Alhazard » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:17 am

I recommend doing a test run on chapter 2. Dont play for karma. get all the kills see if you can spawn that set and if you meet the quota.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:36 pm

I will try it. CH1 will be for Karma and CH2 will be for test.

I'll update this topic as soon as I have more intel here.
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:30 am

For my KR on Hard, I would usually run the chapter, trying things, and testing out the time limits and kills.
Alhazard
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Post by Alhazard » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:07 am

I am running a NGS Hard Karma run and I could spawn 12 enemies in the fight after Masakado. So this works.
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:55 pm

did you record on how to do it?

it would be great to have a huge aheadance then on my old score.