How do I use the Dual Katanas

PLATFORM: PS3; RELEASE: June 14th 2007
Ninjilla
Pillbug
Pillbug

How do I use the Dual Katanas

Post by Ninjilla » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:10 pm

I always try them, and end up disappointed. Especially at the abysmal UT range, I consistently end up ending the dash right in my enemies face. I enjoyed them in NG2, but I cannot find a reason to stop using the Dragon Sword over these.

#DragonSword4Life
Alhazard
Shadow Imp Fiend
Shadow Imp Fiend

Re: How do I use the Dual Katanas

Post by Alhazard » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:21 pm

Dual Katanas are probably the most overrated weapons in the game, imo. The 360+T is a good move, but situational for some boss fights. Despite the low range, the ET and UT are good because they are very damaging.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:25 pm

DK is pretty good in NGS, but plays differently from the NG2 incarnation. A little slower than the DS but more damage, and if I remember right you can upgrade them to level 3 sooner than the DS.

Unfortunately... I totally forget what the good combo inputs for them are, it's been too long. :anxious:

I want to say STT and SSTT or SS->TT, something like that, are pretty good? And the launch string variants that have the mid-air Flying Swallows at the end instead of Izuna Drop or Blade of Nirrti are really nice for Alma.
Ninjilla
Pillbug
Pillbug

Post by Ninjilla » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:12 pm

But do they really serve a purpose other than Str33t Kr3d?
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:44 pm

Ninjilla wrote:But do they really serve a purpose other than Str33t Kr3d?
A dedicated specialty, the way the Dabi wrecks the bigger fiends or the VF exterminates Ghost Fish? Probably not so much, since the DCTF weren't part of NGB's design. Though again, the extra damage on the Flying Swallow and the Flying Swallow extension at the end of the launch combo is really nice vs. Alma.

Also nothing wrong with a little variety. Take a little getting used to but I've had fun with the NGS-style DCTF when I've used it. I think I like the DCTF in NGS better than NG2, to be honest... never been a fan of the weapon in the NG2 despite its strengths. :anxious:
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Post by julius-ruler4 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:50 pm

The dual katanas are very useful in certain bossfights like Dynamo, bone dragon, etc. Its ET is the same animation as the 360OLY, but a little bit more devastating.