Failed Inputs?

PLATFORM: PS3; RELEASE: June 14th 2007
gull
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Failed Inputs?

Post by gull » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:55 am

Has anyone else experience failed button inputs? I'm at the doku fight in Chapter 2 and I'm getting hit sometimes when I CLEARLY have pressed X or moved the joystick. This is really frustrating because the damn fight is hard enough. :flame:
ShreddyBobby
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden 2

Re: Failed Inputs?

Post by ShreddyBobby » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:14 am

I noticed dropped inputs a lot in NGS2. I haven't spent much time with NGS but I did notice it a bit with counter moves.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:47 am

I've had this experience in most of the Hayashi-directed NG games. Not as much in NGS, that I remember, but quite a lot in NGS2.

Particularly with throw attacks, there are times the game has detected a hit or something like that when the animation looks like you still have time to dodge, and thus you sit there vainly trying to tell the game to dodge while Ryu sits there and eats the attack. That's the only way I can explain it- not sure if that's technically correct but that was my best thought. Just try to recognize the attack coming and dodge sooner?

BTW not sure if you can find it on YT but there's a method to make the Doku fight in Ch. 2 pretty easy if you can get the timing / spacing down- you pretty much hit him with an ET, jump away from his retaliation and OL charge, hit him with an ET again, etc. Takes him down in about 1 minute. The key is that you have to get the timing and spacing JUST RIGHT or it won't work.
Dark Hazuki
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dark Hazuki » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:35 am

I get it in Razor's Edge occasionally. It's quite annoying because it always seems to be at critical moments. :flame:

I find the higher the difficulty, the more it seems to happen. :deepthought:
gull
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by gull » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:10 pm

I'm glad to know it's not just me!

If there was a way to dodge sooner, that would be nice. Right now I've been attacking after he does his charge-longe-dash-slash move, and I've been hitting with SST before ATTEMPTING to role away.

Or sometimes when he is doing is AOE attack I ATTEMPT to jump and it fails. But this is okay because I can heal the damage. The other failed input is unacceptable because his grab is a 1hit kill :banghead:
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:11 pm

I notice it too in RE (PS3).
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:22 pm

Hopefully these help:

vmd50
Archfiend
Archfiend

Post by vmd50 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:02 am

For NGS i don't remember if i ever had that problem, but i think i did in NGS2.
gull
Black Spider Ninja
Black Spider Ninja

Post by gull » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:13 am

Thanks MG! I got past him using that strategy. I didn't manage to get him in a loop, so I took a lot longer, but this is much safer than what I was doing.
julius-ruler4
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

Post by julius-ruler4 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:20 pm

the main strategy used to defeat him on any difficulty is the same: watch out for his wave-attack and then start charging for an ET, then roll away and charge again for the ET, repeat this and you'll beat him in 65 seconds
Ninjilla
Pillbug
Pillbug

Post by Ninjilla » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:06 pm

Just played some NGS on hard this morning, and jesus I miss NGB. Failed inputs, wonky hitboxes with those damn cats, the worst prioritizing with projectiles and homing jumps. Though perhaps my rose tinted glasses are on a bit firmly, I still find NGB to just be smoother.
Murphy's Ghost
Dark Dragon Incarnate
Dark Dragon Incarnate

Post by Murphy's Ghost » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:09 pm

Ninjilla wrote:Just played some NGS on hard this morning, and jesus I miss NGB. Failed inputs, wonky hitboxes with those damn cats, the worst prioritizing with projectiles and homing jumps. Though perhaps my rose tinted glasses are on a bit firmly, I still find NGB to just be smoother.
Probably a bit of both.

NGB is smoother. And there might be some rust to be knocked off, too. :silly:

How've you been, Ninjilla? :sunnyd:
reim0027
Administrator

Post by reim0027 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:05 am

Hey Ninjilla. Long time. NGS plays different from NGB. It has a different feel. If you were expecting a polished HD version of NGB, you're going to be disappointed. But, the game is still fun (minus the irritating Rachel Chapters).
julius-ruler4

Post by julius-ruler4 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:06 am

They can be really fun if you get the hang of using Rachel. Also JTB's movement tutorial does a great thing on Sigma since I control Ryu as well as Balbaid does on Sigma.

The only annoying thing is (and almost every PS3 game comes with this) that fucking "input lagg". I think XBOX360 is so much better then PS3 not only because of the better consoles, but due to the fact their HDMI-slot is not encrypted with HDCP (sorry if this goes off-topic but it has to be said).